Orca Scan is a barcode scanner app designed to make it as easy as possible to track assets and inventory using your smartphone.
It is fully configurable; simply add/remove fields to capture the data you want, then export in various formats - including Microsoft Excel, JSON, XML, CSV or edit via your online account.
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Scan any barcode, QR code, UPC, GS1 etc
2. Add details such as quantity, description, GPS location
3. Add custom fields to capture additional data
4. Share data in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet, CSV, JSON
HOW OTHERS USE ORCA SCAN:
- Scan EAN/UPC barcodes for inventory tracking
- Scan FMD barcodes on prescription drugs
- Scan UDI barcodes to track medical devices
- Self-check-in at events using the front-facing camera
- Scan Fire Extinguisher barcodes to record inspections
- Record Preventive Maintenance Checks
- Scan VIN barcodes to track vehicles
- Generate and print barcodes to track office equipment
- Scan ISBN barcodes to catalogue books
ADD CUSTOM FIELDS:
- Date (automatic)
- Date Time
- Date Time (automatic)
- Drop-Down List
- GPS Location
- GPS Location (automatic)
- Number (auto-increase on scan)
- Number (auto-decrease on scan)
- Unique ID
SCAN ANY BARCODE:
- QR Code
- GS1 128
- Data Matrix
- Universal Product Codes (UPC) E & A
- European Article Number (EAN) 8 and 13
- Code 39, Code 93 & Code 128
- Interleaved Two of Five (ITF)
Over 150k people worldwide have contributed feedback to help evolve Orca Scan into the leading barcode scanner app. Feel free to share your crazy ideas -> firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms of Service -> https://orcascan.com/terms
Improved ability to scan PDF417 barcodes (thanks Mike)
Ratings and Reviews
I wish I had heard about this app years ago, and when I first came across it I thought it was too good to be true! There are absolutely no annoying advertisements between scans or any of that nonsense—this app is made to get stuff done. Within the first 10 minutes of using this app I had scanned about 20 items for their UPC codes, quantified each item based on the inventory I had on hand, given each of these items a name to quickly identify them when I go to list them on eBay, and exported a spreadsheet of this information to my OneDrive. I highly recommend this app, and feel obliged to commend the developers for refraining from including a hidden paywall for premium features or intrusive advertising that’s seen in so many apps today
A superior product with the most dedicated and responsive team that I have ever encountered in software development. The more you use Orcascan the more you understand how easily it can be customized to fit your company’s needs or yours.
I can find no software like it on the desktop or in a mobile app. I work on a university campus and my job has revolved around inventory management for the entire campus for many many years. Yet still Orcascan frequently provides new features that make me kick myself and say why didn’t I think of that?
Give me a cell phone, two workstations, a barcode reader, a quality PDF reader, and Orcascan and I’m near invincible on any campus.
I love orca scan!
Absolutely amazing. It’s a great tool for keeping tabs on food. Especially when you’re stocking food in the basement. I mean who really wants to walk down there every time you need to go shopping. This app tells you what you have and how much you have! It picks up even more than food. Hygiene products, toiletries, DOG FOOD, cleaning supplies! I love this app!
Ps. If you over stock food this app allows you to actually print out your data log. So at the end of every month you can update your prep pantry.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Cambridge App Lab Limited
- 9.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Cambridge App Lab Limited
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.