Orca Scan is a GS1 Approved barcode scanner app designed to make it as easy as possible to track assets and inventory using your smartphone.
It is fully configurable; simply add/remove fields to capture the data you want, then export in various formats - including Microsoft Excel, JSON, XML, CSV or edit via your online account.
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Scan any barcode, QR code, UPC, GS1 etc
2. Add details such as quantity, description, GPS location
3. Add custom fields to capture additional data
4. Share data in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet, CSV, JSON
HOW OTHERS USE ORCA SCAN:
- Scan EAN/UPC barcodes for inventory tracking
- Scan FMD barcodes on prescription drugs
- Scan UDI barcodes to track medical devices
- Self-check-in at events using the front-facing camera
- Scan Fire Extinguisher barcodes to record inspections
- Record Preventive Maintenance Checks
- Scan VIN barcodes to track vehicles
- Generate and print barcodes to track office equipment
- Scan ISBN barcodes to catalogue books
ADD CUSTOM FIELDS:
- Date (automatic)
- Date Time
- Date Time (automatic)
- Drop-Down List
- GPS Location
- GPS Location (automatic)
- Number (auto-increase on scan)
- Number (auto-decrease on scan)
- Unique ID
SCAN ANY BARCODE:
- QR Code
- GS1 128
- Data Matrix
- Universal Product Codes (UPC) E & A
- European Article Number (EAN) 8 and 13
- Code 39, Code 93 & Code 128
- Interleaved Two of Five (ITF)
Over 250k people have contributed feedback to help evolve Orca Scan into the leading barcode scanner app. Feel free to share your crazy ideas -> firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms of Service -> https://orcascan.com/terms
Hi there, a few more tweaks:
* Fixed tap to focus when scanning (thanks Maggie)
* Viewfinder setting is now restored after restart (thanks Alienware30)
* You can now return modified data using the Validation URL (thanks Christy)
* Added delete account to app settings (thanks Apple ;)
Let us know what you'd like to see next!
Ratings and Reviews
I wish I had heard about this app years ago, and when I first came across it I thought it was too good to be true! There are absolutely no annoying advertisements between scans or any of that nonsense—this app is made to get stuff done. Within the first 10 minutes of using this app I had scanned about 20 items for their UPC codes, quantified each item based on the inventory I had on hand, given each of these items a name to quickly identify them when I go to list them on eBay, and exported a spreadsheet of this information to my OneDrive. I highly recommend this app, and feel obliged to commend the developers for refraining from including a hidden paywall for premium features or intrusive advertising that’s seen in so many apps today
Ok for a 100% free app it does Exactly what I want and need it to! We are a small business and front end lady just up and quit, noticing she never (ever) did inventory start to end like asked he last 2 months here, this app saved my rear end! I did the entire shop start to end in just a few days between customers, super simple to use! reads well, plenty of space to type, no adds and it’s free! Also, if I scanned something already it will pull up previous entry that matches. Love it
Useful Tool for Book Inventory
I used this app to inventory my personal library. It was super helpful for scanning all of my books. I love that I was allowed to export the list in multiple different ways to multiple different platforms.
My only issue with it was that it had a hard time pulling all of the information for every book. Sometimes it would supply all of the information, even including a description, sometimes it would only fill in the title. It also only recognizes ISBN13 barcodes, so it wasn’t able to scan my older books.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Cambridge App Lab Limited
- 17 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Cambridge App Lab Limited