** Note: This is the free Lite version of Orchid Album. The Lite version is almost identical to the full version, but only allows you to store up to 3 orchids, 3 watering schedules, and 3 log entries with 3 photos each. It also includes database backup and export over WiFi (but not restore/import), allowing easy upgrade to the full version. The full version has no such limitations. **
Orchid Album makes keeping track of your orchids easy. Track development of your plants throughout their lives, on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch!
Whether you're new to orchids, or an experienced collector, Orchid Album is the ideal tool for organizing your plants, watering schedules, and notes.
Please note that Orchid Album does not come preloaded with any photos, nor does it include any plant care information and so forth. It only tracks information and displays photos you’ve added yourself.
Here's what you can do with Orchid Album:
- Record details about your plants, including botanical name, hybrid names, flowering details, fragrance, dimensions, and watering needs.
- Select from over 500 botanical names (with over 100 genera), or add new names.
- Track watering schedules for multiple plants, with local notifications.
- Track flowering, fertilizing, and other events for every plant in dated log entries.
- Create and edit log entry reminders linked to your calendar.
- Add and rearrange multiple photos per plant and log entry.
- Add text captions for each photo.
- Scroll through photos in a full-screen gallery view, or in thumbnail form.
- View your collection in table form, or by image.
- View the log history for each plant, sorted by date.
- Review statistics for your collection.
- Protect your data with a passcode lock.
- Database backup and export over WiFi to your computer's web browser.
- CSV format support to export your Orchid Album database to desktop spreadsheet applications.
- Orchid Report export feature. View your collection on your computer’s web browser. Great for keeping track of your collection for inventory or insurance purposes.
- iPad support at no extra charge!
Please visit http://andrewnicolle.com/all_apps/orchidalbum for more information about Orchid Album, including contact details to ask questions, request features, or report any issues. Join the Facebook page to discuss Orchid Album with other fans.
- Bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Why on earth would I need a separate line for genus and species when that info is already on the name line? And since I’m only inputting orchids in my collection I hardly need a line telling me it’s in my collection! Sheesh. Not to mention you only get to input 3 orchids to trial this app. How cheap and cheesy can you get! Cattleya log was cheaper and better.
Developer Response ,
The Name field is typically used to include descriptive information about the orchid, including identifying info labeled on the container. It's not necessarily needed for genus and species.
I have only been able to log three plants....
Developer Response ,
This limitation is described in the first 2 lines of the app description.
Display blank field?
Great app. Need to be able to hide unwanted field and blank field when viewing. I don't want to scroll through it to get to the button list. If there is no info it shouldn't be displayed. YES, in edit mode, it is necessary to show everything user selected. I will buy it when this is fixed. It is a pain to go through it every time.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.