Orchid Album makes keeping track of your orchids easy. Track development of your plants throughout their lives, on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch!
Whether you're new to orchids, or an experienced collector, Orchid Album is the ideal tool for organizing your plants, watering schedules, and notes.
Please note that Orchid Album does not come preloaded with any photos, nor does it include any plant care information and so forth. It only tracks information and displays photos you’ve added yourself.
Here's what you can do with Orchid Album:
- Record details about your plants, including botanical name, hybrid names, flowering details, fragrance, dimensions, and watering needs.
- Select from over 500 botanical names (with over 100 genera), or add new names.
- Track watering schedules for multiple plants, with local notifications.
- Track flowering, fertilizing, and other events for every plant in dated log entries.
- Create and edit log entry reminders linked to your calendar.
- Add and rearrange multiple photos per plant and log entry.
- Add text captions for each photo.
- Scroll through photos in a full-screen gallery view, or in thumbnail form.
- View your collection in table form, or by image.
- View the log history for each plant, sorted by date.
- Review statistics for your collection.
- Protect your data with a passcode lock.
- Database backup, restore, import and export over WiFi to your computer's web browser.
- Transfer the complete database between devices (iPad / iPhone / iPod) over WiFi via Orchid Album ODBI-format support.
- Supports iTunes file-sharing to transfer the database between device and computer.
- CSV format support to import / export your Orchid Album database to and from desktop spreadsheet applications.
- Orchid Report export feature. View your collection on your computer’s web browser. Great for keeping track of your collection for inventory or insurance purposes.
- iPad support at no extra charge!
Please visit http://andrewnicolle.com/all_apps/orchidalbum for more information about Orchid Album, including contact details to ask questions, request features, or report any issues. Join the Facebook page to discuss Orchid Album with other fans.
Note: This update requires iOS 9 or higher!
- Improved iOS 14 support.
- Added support for Dark Mode.
- Added support for new devices.
- Bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
I love this app! I’ve been using it for years! I run up hard against a few limitations, such as the fact that it only updates your account when you ADD an orchid, not when you subtract one from your collection. You also can’t keep track of a plant’s development, or sort by temperature ranges. When we’re having a cold snap, I want a quick list of everything that needs to come indoors when the temperature drops below 50* F. But I haven’t found anything better, and I’m so invested in this one, it would take eons to input all the data into a new app. I’m home.
Very handy and easy to use
I’ve been using this app for several years in conjunction with the PC version. I find it easier and faster to do the data entry on the PC and then back it up to my iPhone app. It’s very easy to add genera, species and hybrids to the database. Very handy to have at shows to avoid buying duplicates.
I do not use the watering schedule because I have over 800 orchids and a full time job. Plus they are all watered the same so keeping track of this isn’t useful to me anyway. For easy access to your entire collection along with photographs, this app is well worth the very small investment.
Using daily to manage Orchids
I use this app daily as I water and fertilize my plants. I'm also placing events in the log so I can tell more about growth, flowering, and rest periods. I started tracking a few weeks ago so I'll know more as the year progresses. I'm new to orchid culture so I'm feeling more in control!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Andrew Nicolle
- 8.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2014-2021 Andrew Nicolle
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.