In Orwell’s Animal Farm, the animals have fought off their exploitative human masters. Now they’re in charge. Assign their tasks, manage their resources, choose their laws, and direct their propaganda. Determine which of the animals will make sacrifices and which will be “more equal than others.”
George Orwell’s 1945 novella was a scathing critique of totalitarianism in the early days of the Soviet Union. Since then, it has spoken to people of many ideologies in countries around the world. It offers a powerful awareness of how power can be abused – and of how generation after generation seeks a more just and equal society, where the many do not suffer at the hands of the few.
Orwell’s Animal Farm brings the familiar characters and situations to the medium of a game, and to the context of 2020. Depending on how you play, you may encounter situations very close to those in the book, or others influenced by events Orwell never lived to see.
Play it to explore a classic tale from inside. Play it to try your hand at running the farm – or because you dream of spreading Animalism across the world. Play it because you’ve always wanted to oversee a construction project by a herd of cows. Play it because Boxer deserved better.
We are happy to report that we have implemented a bunch of bug fixes, balancing changes and other content improvements!
- fixes all the bugs to do with the animals having extra lines of dialogue after death or not being dead after their battle
- revises the way the windmill is handled so that you either get it blown up by humans or knocked down by a storm, not both
- addresses the bug about being confused about the Population ending by tying population more clearly to the specific animals that are alive/dead
- changes on the onboarding to facilitate the understanding of the game mechanics by taking a couple of hidden variables (farm reputation and the success of pig propaganda) and instead associates them with the health of the birds and squealer
- shortens the later seasons a bit and tightens the pacing of narrative events to offer a higher proportion of dramatic events vs maintenance events
- makes a handful of dialogue passages shorter if the player has already seen them once, again to try to reduce the sense of repetition
- fixes the places where parsing errors were making some animal actions unavailable when the animal was in a particular numeric range
- cleans up a handful of typos encountered
- also fixed the encoding issue so there are no longer problems with the dashes
- the cat will now disappear from the barn if it's gone
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
½ a good game
I like that the game is inviting a new generation into understand the dangers of socialism, but the game itself feels only half finished. The “game” aspects aren’t intuitive and not properly explained. Maybe it was rushed out? I think $2.99 or even $1.99 would be more appropriate for iOS. It’s a cool way to experience a book I haven’t read in many years, but it just doesn’t seem polished enough for $6.99
Won’t even load the first time. Save your money.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Dairymen Ltd
- 251.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE (1st generation), iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad (6th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11‑inch), iPad Pro (11‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (4th generation), iPad Air (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (8th generation), iPad (8th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Nerial Ltd 2020
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.