OSCE-Eval is a simple and efficient system to enable practical medical examinations (especially OSCEs) to be carried out without resorting to paper checklists. Assessments using OSCE-Eval are quicker to evaluate and have less erroneous or missing data. Various research also shows that examiners prefer using OSCE-Eval and that students aren't graded differently than when using paper checklists. OSCE-Eval is the assessment client of the EOSCE system, which also includes a monitoring and checklist editor component.
This release of OSCE-Eval is fully functional and includes two sample checklists (one in English, one in German). OSCE-Eval can also be used by prospective OSCE examiners and students to familiarize themselves with the new technology.
# OSCE-Eval offers the following features:
- Assess multiple candidates using structured checklists.
- Receive visual feedback to help ensure all checklist dimensions are assessed completely.
- Finalize exams to ensure no changes can be made after the final assessment.
- Store and manage assessment data directly on the device.
- Synchronize encrypted assessment data directly with a secure server to ensure data redundancy.
- Download new examination data and checklists from a secure server.
- Exports the exam results to a spreadsheet (this happens automatically)
- Supports free text notes
- Supports strong on-device encryption/decryption
- Supports multiple languages (English, French, German)
# Multiple studies have shown using OSCE-Eval in examinations has three main benefits:
1) using OSCE-Eval leads to a better data quality when compared to paper checklists
2) examiners significantly prefer using OSCE-Eval and report a lower cognitive load during the examination.
3) The usage of OSCE-Eval does not influence the examiners assessments of the student’s performance.
Optimized for iOS 16.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Uni Bern / IML / AUM
- 21.4 MB
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German, Italian
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2022 Institute for Medical Education - University of Bern