Take precautions against outdoor heat while at work with the OSHA-NIOSH Heat Safety Tool. Featuring real-time heat index and hourly forecasts, specific to your location, as well as occupational safety and health recommendations from OSHA and NIOSH. The OSHA-NIOSH Heat Safety Tool is a useful resource for planning outdoor work activities based on how hot it feels throughout the day.
The OSHA-NIOSH Heat Safety Tool features:
• A visual indicator of the current heat index and associated risk levels specific to your current geographical location
• Precautionary recommendations specific to heat index-associated risk levels
• An interactive, hourly forecast of heat index values, risk level, and recommendations for planning outdoor work activities in advance
• Editable location, temperature, and humidity controls for calculation of variable conditions
• Signs and symptoms of heat-related illnesses including: heat stroke, heat exhaustion, rhabdomyolysis, heat cramps, and heat rash
• First aid information for heat-related illnesses
Take steps to work safely in the heat. Download this valuable tool today!
Tab bar bug fix relating to new screen sizes.
Ratings and Reviews
Good overall but needs a few tweaks
It works well. A previous review had an issue with the weather data not matching weather apps, but that is easily edited onscreen so it isn't an issue to me.
I do wish you could input geocoordinates, for the location. This is an issue for me and my workers because we work in somewhat remote locations. Maybe in the next release
Great App BUT Needs Spanish
Great app overall. It just needs to have the option of switching it to Spanish mode. Or better yet make a separate Spanish one for FLC contractors and supervisors. That would be deeply appreciated. Thanks
Needed for work
I need this for my job to justify any variations from time used for completing duties — however the heat indexes on this ap are lower than both Weather Underground and The Weather Channel — how are they all not the same? Is this giving inaccurate data?
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- 53.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.