Take precautions against outdoor heat while at work with the OSHA-NIOSH Heat Safety Tool. Featuring real-time heat index and hourly forecasts, specific to your location, as well as occupational safety and health recommendations from OSHA and NIOSH. The OSHA-NIOSH Heat Safety Tool is a useful resource for planning outdoor work activities based on how hot it feels throughout the day.
The OSHA-NIOSH Heat Safety Tool features:
• A visual indicator of the current heat index and associated risk levels specific to your current geographical location
• Precautionary recommendations specific to heat index-associated risk levels
• An interactive, hourly forecast of heat index values, risk level, and recommendations for planning outdoor work activities in advance
• Editable location, temperature, and humidity controls for calculation of variable conditions
• Signs and symptoms of heat-related illnesses including: heat stroke, heat exhaustion, rhabdomyolysis, heat cramps, and heat rash
• First aid information for heat-related illnesses
Take steps to work safely in the heat. Download this valuable tool today!
• Programmable hydration and rest reminders
• English/Spanish translation convenience features
• Additional frequently asked questions
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Awesome but could be better
This app it awesome but I won’t give 5 stars. Because it should give you notifications of warnings or have a alarm of high heat index to tell you you need to get inside.
The app doesn’t actually adjust throughout the day to what the actual temperature and humidity is, just what the forecast was. Right now, it says it’s 86 with a heat index of 92. But some showers that weren’t forecasted came through this morning and the temperature at the moment is actually only 80. So while it was forecasted to be 86 right now, it’s only 80 and the app says it’s currently 86 out. This can be incredibly dangerous if people are relying on this app and the temperature or humidity ends up being higher than originally forecasted. Do not rely on this app at all, basically just use it as a heat index calculator
Good overall but needs a few tweaks
It works well. A previous review had an issue with the weather data not matching weather apps, but that is easily edited onscreen so it isn't an issue to me.
I do wish you could input geocoordinates, for the location. This is an issue for me and my workers because we work in somewhat remote locations. Maybe in the next release
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- 64.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.