Take precautions against outdoor heat while at work with the OSHA-NIOSH Heat Safety Tool. Featuring real-time heat index and hourly forecasts, specific to your location, as well as occupational safety and health recommendations from OSHA and NIOSH. The OSHA-NIOSH Heat Safety Tool is a useful resource for planning outdoor work activities based on how hot it feels throughout the day.
The OSHA-NIOSH Heat Safety Tool features:
• A visual indicator of the current heat index and associated risk levels specific to your current geographical location
• Precautionary recommendations specific to heat index-associated risk levels
• An interactive, hourly forecast of heat index values, risk level, and recommendations for planning outdoor work activities in advance
• Editable location, temperature, and humidity controls for calculation of variable conditions
• Signs and symptoms of heat-related illnesses including: heat stroke, heat exhaustion, rhabdomyolysis, heat cramps, and heat rash
• First aid information for heat-related illnesses
Take steps to work safely in the heat. Download this valuable tool today!
Additional notification for certain extreme heat conditions
Ratings and Reviews
Helps has Alarm which is great
Need to be updated, when in danger it should read on same page when working outside in direct sunlight breaks should be rotated ever XYZ minutes, drink xyz liquid and shade.
Also there should be the OSHA rule on the app. Reminders to everyone what happens if you have heat stroke or exhaustion. The part not talked about is after recovery, how you can no longer take the heat as you did. How this illness does XYZ to the body .
Many do not know, and until educated wont. Unfortunately we can’t rely on all companies having the training resources. So at a minimum OSHA should add training to app., this I can promise will save a life and a few from getting the illness. That’s all you need is one to make this app pay itself off and 5 star rating.
Perfect quick reference
With work not having a heat break schedule in place, I would like to start using this simple tool as a reference to when it gets too hot. I’d like to request a push notification feature for when hazards reach the warning and danger zones. Or a heat index we can set based on our company heat break policy, if it gets established.
Numbers are off
Used this app successfully last two years. It always matched the temperature and humidity for an accurate calculation. This year it’s off by several degrees. This is dangerous for me because I have a medical condition and must be inside when heat index reaches 104. Will have to look for another app that is more accurate. Very disappointed.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- 72.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Centers for Disease Control and Prevention