Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
OsmAnd Maps is a map application with access to the free, worldwide, and high-quality OpenStreetMap (OSM) data. All map data can be stored on your device's memory card for offline use. All the main functionalities work both online and offline (no internet needed).
Some of the main features:
• Display your position and orientation on the map
• Optionally align the map according to compass or your direction of motion
• Save your most important places as Favorites
• Display POIs (point of interests) around you
• Can display specialized online tile maps
• Can display satellite view (from Bing)
• Can display different overlays like touring/navigation GPX tracks and additional maps with customizable transparency
• Optionally display place names in English, local, or phonetic spelling
• High quality information from the best collaborative projects of the world
• Global maps from OpenStreetMap, available per country or region
• Unlimited download, directly from the app
• Always up-to-date maps (updated at least once a month)
• Compact offline vector maps
• Also supports online or cached tile maps
• Optional automated day/night view switching
• Share your location so that your friends can find you
Bicycle and Pedestrian Features
• The maps include foot, hiking, and bike paths, great for outdoor activities
• Special display modes for bike and pedestrian
• Optional public transport stops (bus, tram, train) including line names
• Optional speed and altitude display
OsmAnd is open source and actively being developed. Everyone can contribute to the application by reporting bugs, improving translations, or coding new features. The project is in a lively state of continuous improvement by all these forms of developer and user interaction. The project progress also relies on financial contributions to fund the development, coding, and testing of new functionalities.
Approximate map coverage and quality:
• Western Europe: ****
• Eastern Europe: ***
• Russia: ***
• North America: ***
• South America: **
• Asia: **
• Japan & Korea: ***
• Middle East: **
• Africa: **
• Antarctica: *
Most countries around the globe available as map downloads!
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe,from Australia to the USA. Argentina, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Mexico, UK, Spain, ...
We offer 4 auto-renewing subscription options named OsmAnd Live for getting all features + hourly map updates in the app:
$1.99 / month
$3.99 / 3 month
$7.99 / 1 year
Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
Subscription renews automatically unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the subscription period.
Account will be charged for subscription renewal at the price of the chosen package within 24-hours before the current period ends.
You can manage subscription and turn off auto-renewal in Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. Once purchased, refunds will not be provided for any unused portion of the term.
If you purchase a subscription during a free trial period, the unused portion of this period will be forfeited.
If you cannot find the answer to your question, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Public transport navigation beta
• New offline slope maps: colorized visualization of terrain
• Hillshades and slope maps are now unified in the Terrain menu
• Improved Contour lines settings
• Improved Overlay/Underlay settings
• Added options to show lines and direction arrows to active markers, added option to switch between top bar and widget to show the distance to the markers
• You can now minimize groups of Favorites in My places menu
• Added setting to disable 2.5D
• Fixed issues with GPX track renaming
• Fixed сrash in Map Downloads if app language is Japanese
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great for cyclists.
I found this map to be awesome for cycling. Once you put in your directions you can view lots of details about the route that are not available in other maps like google and definitely no Apple. Things like the type of road surface. Asphalt, concrete, dirt etc. Max and minimum altitude, along with elevation gain and loss plus a detailed elevation profile. Unlike google maps, you get this info in the car drive mode and not just the bike. The map is very customizable so it may be frustrating to use initially, but if you spend the time to learn how to use it, you’ll be rewarded with getting detailed info not found in other maps. I gave it 4 stars because they could have made the navigation around the map a little more intuitive to use.
Manipulative UI design to deter downloading offline maps
- If you try to download a map and move to another window, the download becomes bugged and will never complete. The progress bar spasms a and cycles, claiming it’s installing but never succeeding.
- When trying time download multiple maps, a pop up will show up asking you to look at the new map. This is terrible UI design and I suspect the author put it in to deter downloading a lot of maps and using up their bandwidth. I payed for addons, and I hoped I would be able to download maps easily.
- There should be an option to download all of any given superordinate category. If I want to download all the maps or hill shades for the United States, I shouldn’t have to individually go into EACH state and click on EACH subcategory of map, and confirm EACH time that I want to download it. This is manipulative, bad faith behavior in the part of the developer.
- The nagging subscription promo banner obstructs the map and even when you close it, a blue bar remains hiding the map. Turning off promotions does not make this blue bar go away, and it is a waste of screen real estate.
Still needs work (public transit, less confusing interface, faster search and routing), but this app has come a very long way in a very short amount of time (you are all doing great!)
Depending on where you are OSM quality can vary. If you’re from a place where it’s not great, consider trying to add your favourite places to the map! It’s actually a lot of fun (kind of like a weird sort of geocaching) and a great public service.
- OsmAND B.V.
- 258.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Belarusian, Burmese, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Kabyle, Norwegian Bokmål, Occitan, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Upper Sorbian
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © OsmAnd B.V.
- In-App Purchases
- Contour lines $4.99
- North America $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.