OsmAnd Maps Travel & Navigate 12+
Offline maps for travel
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
OsmAnd is an offline world map application based on OpenStreetMap (OSM), which allows you to navigate taking into account the preferred roads and vehicle dimensions. Plan routes based on inclines and record GPX tracks without an internet connection.
OsmAnd is an open source app. We do not collect user data and you decide what data the app will have access to.
• Choice of places to be displayed on the map: attractions, food, health and more;
• Search for places by address, name, coordinates, or category;
• Map styles for the convenience of different activities: touring view, nautical map, winter and ski, topographic, desert, off-road, and others;
• Shading relief and plug-in contour lines;
• Ability to overlay different sources of maps on top of each other;
• Plotting a route to a place without an Internet connection;
• Customizable navigation profiles for different vehicles: cars, motorcycles, bicycles, 4x4, pedestrians, boats, public transport, and more;
• Change the constructed route, taking into account the exclusion of certain roads or road surfaces;
• Customizable information widgets about the route: distance, speed, remaining travel time, distance to turn, and more;
Route Planning and Recording
• Plotting a route point by point using one or multiple navigation profiles;
• Route recording using GPX tracks;
• Manage GPX tracks: displaying your own or imported GPX tracks on the map, navigating through them;
• Visual data about the route - descents/ascents, distances;
• Ability to share GPX track in OpenStreetMap;
Creation of points with different functionality
• Making edits to OSM;
• Updating maps with a frequency of up to one hour;
• Compass and radius ruler;
• Mapillary interface;
• Night theme;
• Large community of users around the world, documentation, and support;
OsmAnd Maps+ (in-app or subscription):
• Unlimited map downloads;
• Topo data (Contour lines and Terrain);
• Nautical depths;
• Offline Wikipedia;
• Apple CarPlay support;
OsmAnd Pro (subscription):
• All Maps+ features;
• Weather forecast on the map online/offline;
• OsmAnd Cloud (backup and restore);
• Customize Route line;
• Hourly map updates.
• Smooth animation for location changes during movement
• CarPlay: added lanes, 2.5D view, fixed sound issues while connected over Bluetooth
• Introducing new purchase plans: "OsmAnd Pro" subscriptions with access to all features and "Maps+" purchase with unlimited map downloads and paid plugins access
• Added Cloud backup and Offline Weather forecast for OsmAnd Pro users
• New convenient ”Purchase" screen with the list of all purchases
• Benefits for active OpenStreetMap.org contributors
• Tracks can now be colored by altitude, speed, or slope
• Offline maps are now accessible via the Files app
• Favorites: added local backups generation after each change, backups accessible from the Files app
• POI saved to favorites will store and show all POI data even without an offline map
• GPX added support for link, cmt, desc tags and for any custom extensions
• Added mode for the Compass button
• Fixed an issue with UTM Coordinates format
• Fixed an issue with intermediate points in navigation
• Fixed an issue with the Purchases screen
Ratings and Reviews
Great for turn-by-turn nav on custom routes
If you’ve been looking for an app that supports turn-by-turn (including voice) navigation for custom routes, OsmAnd delivers! I had tried many apps, including all the big names in maps and navigation, but none could do what OsmAnd does. I was looking for an app to find off-road routes between destinations and it does this with the flip of a single button. No more choosing “fake” interim destinations to force a specific route. If you want to avoid specific roads that the other switches don’t handle, you can just tap any road (or multiple roads) and your route will not use them. Great app!
Many features but hard to use
This is a nice OSM viewer with a lot of customization. You can tweak just about anything in the app including map styles and layout of the navigation screen. The downside is the app is very confusing because of all these features. And it seems to be missing some basic ones. For example you can only quickly show the POIs in some category, eg “fast food” or “restaurants.” If you want to search them by name, for example if you want to search the nearest McDonald’s, it sometimes takes a minute to show the results even though I only have one map loaded. Another problem in general is the app is not very reliable. Today I was setting up my new iPad Pro and couldn’t download maps. It seems like the download needs to start over if it fails in the middle. And I’m not sure why it’s failing - my connection is gigabit and quite reliable for everything else. I also believe the app is not quitting in the background. I paid for the subscription to get hourly map update. This is pretty nice too. It auto updates any offline maps you have and it seems very data efficient.
Please read this
I am all about privacy and security.
I deleted my email, social media, and other accounts that just freely gave my info to any one that would pay.
I removed any app that ties data to my persona, and I also created accounts and installed apps that respected user privacy.
I have pretty much found replacements for everything, except for maps, banking, and gaming.
When I came across this app and saw it has a 4.5 star review, I literally gasped and got so giddy. Then I opened the app and tried to use it.
It went down hill, and fast.
After about 5-7 clicks the app completely freezes and I have to close and reopen the app.
Adding a favorite is a joke. Such a difficult process. Click one wrong place and you have to tap back into the favorites, but guess what, that’s like 5 taps - time to close and reopen the app now.
Navigation isn’t too bad. It’s either 3 seconds ahead or 3 seconds behind. For example, a turn was coming up and I knew I needed to take it, the gps said I already took it, then stopped at the stop sign. Then continued on my way. A few seconds later, I just then turned.
The speed detection is pretty funny. It feels good to be as fast as a jet plane, but I don’t think it’s accurate. Even though the app says I’m traveling at 257 miles an hour, my car says I am going 35.
The apps layout and placement of icons, while I could get used to it, needs a lot of work. If you have a settings icon - every setting needs to be there.
Developer Response ,
Hello! Thank you for the feedback.
We will introducing new UI for adding favorite and track waypoint in the next release. Please check that in Menu – Navigation - Options - Simulate navigation option is disabled it need only for developers, it simulates navigation and sometimes could take hight speed.
If you have any other questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- OsmAND B.V.
- 325.4 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Arabic, Armenian, Asturian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Catalan, Central Kurdish, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Esperanto, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kabyle, Kannada, Korean, Kurdish, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Occitan, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Sardinian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Upper Sorbian, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © OsmAnd B.V.
- In-App Purchases
- Wikipedia $0.00
- OsmAnd: All inclusive Annual $8.99
- Contour lines $8.99
- North America $14.99
- OsmAnd Pro monthly $2.99
- All World Maps $19.99
- OsmAnd: All Inclusive Monthly $1.99
- OsmAnd Maps+ $20.99
- Nautical Map $1.99
- OsmAnd Maps+ annual $9.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.