Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
OsmAnd Maps is a map application with access to the free, worldwide, and high-quality OpenStreetMap (OSM) data. All map data can be stored on your device's memory card for offline use. All the main functionalities work both online and offline (no internet needed).
Some of the main features:
• Display your position and orientation on the map
• Optionally align the map according to compass or your direction of motion
• Save your most important places as Favorites
• Display POIs (point of interests) around you
• Can display specialized online tile maps
• Can display satellite view (from Bing)
• Can display different overlays like touring/navigation GPX tracks and additional maps with customizable transparency
• Optionally display place names in English, local, or phonetic spelling
• High quality information from the best collaborative projects of the world
• Global maps from OpenStreetMap, available per country or region
• Unlimited download, directly from the app
• Always up-to-date maps (updated at least once a month)
• Compact offline vector maps
• Also supports online or cached tile maps
• Optional automated day/night view switching
• Share your location so that your friends can find you
Bicycle and Pedestrian Features
• The maps include foot, hiking, and bike paths, great for outdoor activities
• Special display modes for bike and pedestrian
• Optional public transport stops (bus, tram, train) including line names
• Optional speed and altitude display
OsmAnd is open source and actively being developed. Everyone can contribute to the application by reporting bugs, improving translations, or coding new features. The project is in a lively state of continuous improvement by all these forms of developer and user interaction. The project progress also relies on financial contributions to fund the development, coding, and testing of new functionalities.
Approximate map coverage and quality:
• Western Europe: ****
• Eastern Europe: ***
• Russia: ***
• North America: ***
• South America: **
• Asia: **
• Japan & Korea: ***
• Middle East: **
• Africa: **
• Antarctica: *
Most countries around the globe available as map downloads!
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe,from Australia to the USA. Argentina, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Mexico, UK, Spain, ...
We offer 4 auto-renewing subscription options named OsmAnd Live for getting all features + hourly map updates in the app:
$1.99 / month
$3.99 / 3 month
$3.99 / 1 year
$7.99 / 1 year
Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
Subscription renews automatically unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the subscription period.
Account will be charged for subscription renewal at the price of the chosen package within 24-hours before the current period ends.
You can manage subscription and turn off auto-renewal in Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. Once purchased, refunds will not be provided for any unused portion of the term.
If you purchase a subscription during a free trial period, the unused portion of this period will be forfeited.
If you cannot find the answer to your question, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Substantially improved RTL languages support
• Added missing Driving style setting for Bicycle profile
• GPX trips improvements: imported trip’s details now open directly after import, fixed an issue with trip not being displayed on the details screen, improved trip statistics calculation
• Bug fixes and minor improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Exactly what I’ve been looking for
I travel across 6 states in the US to see my family regularly this app is exactly th I have been looking for its easy to use if you have any technology sense... I highly recommend if you are planning a across country trip this is must have app
Not good for navigation
I had high hopes for this app and it’s great for some things, but the navigation features need a lot of work.
I wanted to plan a route but when I try to add points it keeps snapping back to my current location.
I tried turning on the “simulate route” feature hoping it would allow me to plan without snapping, but instead it snaps and simulates that I’m driving the route. Imagine that... I guess I’m just stupid to think it was something else. All good though, I just turn off simulate and start over, right? Wrong. It continues to simulate even after I kill the navigation and start all over and turned off that feature.
For map downloads and gpx overlay it works, but for now it’s too buggy and cumbersome for anything else.
If it becomes more intuitive and less buggy then I’ll happily revisit and expand my usage.
Looks good and works fine
I like this app. It does everything I need it to do, and I like using it for doing before and after comparisons of places that I’ve edited in OSM.
Developer Response ,
Hello, we are sorry to hear this. Please try to re-install the app. Let us know if it helps.
- OsmAND B.V.
- 283.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Belarusian, Burmese, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, Galician, German, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Occitan, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Upper Sorbian
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © OsmAnd B.V.
- In-App Purchases
- Ski Map
- Nautical Map $1.99
- Africa $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.