** Apple Design Award winner and iPad Game of the Year! **
Enter the Darwinian world of a galactic mote. To survive, absorb smaller organisms and grow—but beware of larger predators. Osmos features unique physics-based play, stellar graphics, and a hypnotic ambient soundtrack. Absorb or be absorbed!
“The ultimate ambient experience” — Gizmodo
“The best iPad game yet.” — IGN
you must grow by absorbing smaller motes, but to propel yourself you must eject matter behind you, causing you to shrink. From this delicate balance, Osmos leads the player through floating playgrounds, competitive petri dishes, deep solar systems, and more.
“Named as iPad Game of the Year for a reason, Osmos is a fantastic game. A combination of physics, survival and classic eat em up” — WeDoCode
“Whether you're a child at heart who likes mucking about with single-cell organisms, or a strategist with a physics degree, this game will appeal to everyone.” — App Store review
AWARDS / recognition:
* "iPad Game of the Year" and "App of the Week" — Apple
* Apple Design Award winner
* #1 Top iPhone Game — IGN
* iPad Game of the Year — TUAW
* Game of the Year — Create Digital Music
* Editor's Choice — Wired, Macworld, IGN, GameTunnel, and more...
* Best in Show — IndieCade
* Vision Award — Independent Games Festival
* Coolest Atmosphere — IGN
* Best Soundtrack — IGN
* Most Innovative Game — Best App Ever Awards, Pocket Gamer
* Many top lists including Kotaku, PAX, TouchArcade, iLounge, APPera, IFC, and more...
* 72 levels spanning 8 distinct worlds: Ambient, Antimatter, Solar, Sentient, Repulsor, Impasse, Warped Chaos, and Epicycles.
* Multiplayer! (more info below.)
* Endless replay value: play random versions of any level in Arcade mode.
* Award-winning electronic soundtrack by Loscil, Gas, High Skies, Biosphere, Julien Neto, and more.
* Seamlesss multitouch controls: swipe to warp time, tap anywhere to eject mass, pinch to zoom…
* Time-warping: slow down the flow of time to outmaneuver agile opponents; speed it up to raise the challenge.
* Confront four distinct AI opponents: the Ovarium, the Biophobe, the Nemocyte… and the deadly Ferax.
* 13 single-player and 15 multiplayer achievements.
* Progress synced via iCloud.
* Play against your friends and enemies, locally (via wi-fi), or over the Internet!
* 6 distinct Arenas: Ambient, Impasse, Solar, Warped Chaos, Epicycles, and introducing… Antimatter Impasse.
* iPad vs. iPhone play supported.
“a beautiful, absorbing experience." — IGN
“What iPad Gaming Should Be All About” — Gizmodo
5/5 - Macworld Editor’s Choice - “One of the best games we’ve played so far this year. An utterly serene, yet fiendishly complicated game that deserves a place in every iPad owners collection.” — MacWorld
4/4, Must Have - “We are more than overwhelmed by Osmos for iPad… The game design is thoughtful and intuitive, new level structures are flawless, and the visuals are stunning yet simplistic… every iPad owner should have Osmos on their device. You just won’t find another experience quite like it.” — Slide To Play
“Osmos HD is THE game for the iPad.” — Pocket Lint
“It’s the best iPad game on the App Store” — MTV Multiplayer
“The first proper breakout hit for the iPad. Osmos feels so natural and enjoyable to play, even when the difficulty ramps up and you find yourself repeatedly careening into a giant gaseous enemy.” — Wired
5/5 - “Osmos is an absolute must that will change the way you think of games, and what you expect from them.” — AppAdvice
“Beyond doubt, a work of genius... a relaxing, meditative experience about going with the flow... It all adds up to something otherworldly and just . . . incredible.” — GameAndPlayer.net
Minor GUI fixes.
• Background matchmaking: You can now play single-player levels while searching for a multiplayer match online.
• Native screen resolution and 64-bit support for all your devices.
Ratings and Reviews
In this stunningly original game, you play as a spherical being in a crowded primordial soup, absorbing smaller creatures to grow and avoiding larger ones to survive. Tap to jet across the screen and pursue your prey, but beware: moving reduces your size, making every attack a calculated risk. Osmos delivers a mesmerizing mix of abstract action and physics-based puzzles, with luminescent visuals and an ambient soundtrack that immerse you in another world.
Extremely entertaining with a great physics system. Also, in the latest update multiplayer is fixed. Before, the odds of connecting to another player were slim to none due to few players. Now, you can play single-player mode while waiting for a multiplayer match, increasing the chances you won't get bored waiting for a match. Multiply this by everybody, and there are more players playing, so you can actually play multiplayer matches now.
Thoroughly Enjoyable and Relaxing
I was looking for a game that I could pick and put back down at will, and that at the same time was relaxing. This game certainly does that and more. There are more difficult levels that are more mentally engaging when I decide I want to spend more time, which made the game perfect. I find the earlier levels and arcade modes to be just as soothing when replayed as they were the first time around. Thank you for a beautifully constructed game.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Hemisphere Games Inc
- 44.6 MB
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2010 Hemisphere Games, Inc.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.