A cosmic game of survival
** Apple Design Award winner and iPad Game of the Year! **
Enter the Darwinian world of a galactic mote. To survive, absorb smaller organisms and grow—but beware of larger predators. Osmos features unique physics-based play, stellar graphics, and a hypnotic ambient soundtrack. Absorb or be absorbed!
“The ultimate ambient experience” — Gizmodo
“Beyond doubt, a work of genius" — GameAndPlayer.net
you must grow by absorbing smaller motes, but to propel yourself you must eject matter behind you, causing you to shrink. From this delicate balance, Osmos leads the player through floating playgrounds, competitive petri dishes, deep solar systems, and more.
“Named as iPad Game of the Year for a reason, Osmos is a fantastic game. A combination of physics, survival and classic eat em up” — WeDoCode
“Whether you're a child at heart who likes mucking about with single-cell organisms, or a strategist with a physics degree, this game will appeal to everyone.” — App Store review
AWARDS / recognition:
* "iPad Game of the Year" and "iPhone App of the Week" — Apple
* Apple Design Award winner (iPad version)
* #1 Top iPhone Game — IGN
* iPad Game of the Year — TUAW
* Game of the Year — Create Digital Music
* Editor's Choice — Wired, Macworld, IGN, GameTunnel, and more...
* Best in Show — IndieCade
* Vision Award — Independent Games Festival
* Coolest Atmosphere — IGN
* Best Soundtrack — IGN
* Most Innovative Game — Best App Ever Awards, Pocket Gamer
* Many top lists including Kotaku, PAX, TouchArcade, iLounge, APPera, IFC, and more...
* 72 levels spanning 8 distinct worlds: Ambient, Antimatter, Solar, Sentient, Repulsor, Impasse, Warped Chaos, and Epicycles.
* Multiplayer! (more info below.)
* Award-winning electronic soundtrack by Loscil, Gas, High Skies, Biosphere, Julien Neto, and more.
* Endless replay value: play random versions of any level in Arcade mode.
* Seamlesss multitouch controls: swipe to warp time, tap anywhere to eject mass, pinch to zoom…
* Time-warping: slow down the flow of time to outmaneuver agile opponents; speed it up to raise the challenge.
* Confront four distinct AI opponents: the Ovarium, the Biophobe, the Nemocyte… and the deadly Ferax.
* 13 single-player and 15 multiplayer achievements.
* Progress synced via iCloud.
* Play against your friends and enemies, locally (via wi-fi), or over the Internet.
* 6 distinct Arenas: Ambient, Impasse, Solar, Warped Chaos, Epicycles, and introducing… Antimatter Impasse.
* iPad vs. iPhone play supported.
“a beautiful, absorbing experience." — IGN
5/5 - Macworld Editor’s Choice - “One of the best games we’ve played so far this year. An utterly serene, yet fiendishly complicated game that deserves a place in every iPad owners collection.” — MacWorld
“The best iPad game yet.” — IGN
4/4, Must Have - “We are more than overwhelmed by Osmos for iPad… The game design is thoughtful and intuitive, new level structures are flawless, and the visuals are stunning yet simplistic… every iPad owner should have Osmos on their device. You just won’t find another experience quite like it.” — Slide To Play
“What iPad Gaming Should Be All About” — Gizmodo
“The first proper breakout hit for the iPad. Osmos feels so natural and enjoyable to play, even when the difficulty ramps up and you find yourself repeatedly careening into a giant gaseous enemy.” — Wired
“It’s the best iPad game on the App Store” — MTV Multiplayer
5/5 - “Osmos is an absolute must that will change the way you think of games, and what you expect from them.” — AppAdvice
“Beyond doubt, a work of genius... a relaxing, meditative experience about going with the flow... It all adds up to something otherworldly and just . . . incredible.” — GameAndPlayer.net
Minor GUI fixes.
• Background matchmaking: You can now play single-player levels while searching for a multiplayer match online.
• You can now play multiplayer over cellular networks.
• In-game video recording and/or broadcasting.
• Native screen resolution and 64-bit support for all your devices.
Ratings and Reviews
In this stunningly original game, you play as a spherical being in a crowded primordial soup, absorbing smaller creatures to grow and avoiding larger ones to survive. Tap to jet across the screen and pursue your prey, but beware: moving reduces your size, making every attack a calculated risk. Osmos delivers a mesmerizing mix of abstract action and physics-based puzzles, with luminescent visuals and an ambient soundtrack that immerse you in another world.
Mesmerizing, Relaxing, Beautiful
I love this game. This is my go-to game these days. It’s beautiful. I think the music can be good, but I love the game without it too. Need something to wind down with before bed? Slow down time (you can do that with this game) and just let the current and the pretty lights take you.
I do like some levels a LOT more than others. The ‘Sentient’ levels are by my favorite. I’ve played them all 1000x by now, and they don’t really get old for me. I almost wish they’d beef this game out with an expansion. I’d definitely pay money, especially for more Sentient-like levels.
Visually great; frustration level: infinity
I wish this were a more likable game. It pulls you in with its mesmerizing audio and video elements, the purely physical logic of control and gameplay... at first blush, seemingly close to perfection as a game. Then, it takes you from those soaring heights to the bottomless pit of despair when there is a difficult level to pass. The problem is, there’s no randomness worked into it. On some of the free-floating levels, if you start out with a slightly smaller bubble just out of reach, to reach which you need to expend an amount of yourself that will result in your no longer being larger, that’s it. You’re screwed. The level will never begin even slightly differently. You have one chance. My blood pressure, after trying this level over and over again for ten minutes, is too high to continue. For my own safety, I am deleting the app. I like the game enough to watch for future improvements. But for now, it’s not worth playing.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Hemisphere Games Inc
- 36.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2008 Hemisphere Games, Inc.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.