Designed in the style of a familiar pedal box for effortless, uncomplicated, no fuss operation, Ostinator is a single track stereo phrase looper focused on hands free control during live performance. Use it to create anything from long loops to short decaying echoes. Crossfading options enable creation of seamless drones and overdubbing offers undoable "sound on sound" layering. All performance controls are available on a single screen but Ostinator’s main strength is painless remote control while it runs in the background.
- AudioBus and Inter-App Audio compatible.
- Supports AudioCopy, AudioShare and “Open In…”
- Audio file import & export via iTunes.
- Hands free operation using a MIDI controller.
- MIDI assignable to every performance parameter.
- Optional, adjustable crossfading for seamless loops.
- Adjustable fade out time when playback stops.
- Adjustable loop feedback for infinite looping or echoes.
- Re-trigger mode, loops can be restarted.
- Prerecorded loops can be loaded with MIDI program change.
- Up to 12 minutes of stereo recording time.
- Get up and running quickly with onscreen help.
- Built-in PDF Manual.
A NOTE FOR PROSPECTIVE PURCHASERS
Loops can be loaded, triggered and recorded remotely using MIDI controls (i.e. from footpedals or a sequencer). Tempo based looping is possible by sending the appropriate trigger messages but Ostinator is focused on simple manual control for live performers and as such does not provide any slicing, timestretch or pitch changing functions.
Ostinator is tested as thoroughly as possible and we hope there are no bugs left! If you do find one please report it to us rather than writing a negative review because of it. Email email@example.com with a simple description. We hate bugs too and we're always ready to stamp them out quickly!
Fixes an issue where delay feedback could not be set to zero.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great effect and looping tool
Works well in Audiobus or IAA to create long smooth looped recordings or continuous live overdubs. Recordings can be quickly exported into other apps or exported to Audioshare. It's proven to be a valuable and reliable sound tool. Highly recommended.
This only works with your built in mic. When I plug in my tascam iXZ is doesn't recognize it.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.