OTG Cloud by Monster Digital
Use the Monster Digital OTG Cloud app with the OTG Cloud device (sold separately) to wirelessly access and share videos, photos and music on SD cards, microSD cards, USB flash drives and hard drives through your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Mac. Any device with Wi-Fi and our App or a browser to can access memory connected to OTG Cloud to upload, download and stream.
OTG Cloud App and Device Use Scenarios
Road trips - access movies via iPad, Mac, iPhone, Tablet, SmartPhone etc.
At work - collaborate by sharing files wirelessly, no other network required.
On a trip - wirelessly share the day's photos and videos with the group. Backup your files.
Wired internet access but no wireless network? - Plug in the Ethernet cable to make a hot-spot.
Use the onboard battery as a power bank and charge other devices.
OTG Cloud Device (sold separately)
Access USB hard drives up to 2TB
Read and write to SD and microSD cards up to 64GB
An unlimited number of users can connect via Wi-Fi
Stream 1080p to 3 devices or 720p to 5 devices
Create a wireless access point with internet router functions
2000mAh battery for 5 hours of use and can charge other devices via USB
*Not a cellular device and no monthly fees.
iOS 5 or higher
Mac OSX 10.6 or higher
Compatible with all iOS supported file types. Memory connected to OTG Cloud can store any file but your device must support the file type to read it.
For any Assistance or Support Please Contact:
FAQ - http://support.monsterdigital.com/hc/en-us
Product Info - http://www.monsterdigital.com/wireless-streaming/otg-cloud
Copyright (C) 2014 Monster Digital
- Tablet Landscape enabled!
- Dropbox and Google Drive Cloud Support!
- Video player now in Landscape mode!
- Able to add folder, File sort name/size/category
- Utility display for space used/available in Settings
- Improved user messaging
Ratings and Reviews
Unfortunately if your reading this review you most likely already have the device... Be prepared to severely dislike this app...
1. "Open in" functionality HAS to be included, if not then what's the point of this thing in the first place????
- please atleast add the function to put documents in apps like notability, and PDFs in iBooks!
2. Music player needs WAAAY more functionality. On ios you can't import off of this device (apple wouldn't allow it anyways); however, that means you will have to listen to the songs through this app which has NO PLAYLIST FUNCTIONALITY. It plays one song then stops, if you back out of the player it stops, if you want to change the song it takes 3 clicks! Atleast add a next song option! And allow me to back out of the player to do other things like look at photos while music continues to play!!
I have to admit the device is fantastic! The functionality for wifi routing, repeating, sharing of files with friends and coworkers is amazing.. ON A PC AND PC ONLY.
On an iphone tho? This does nothing for you, and that's a shame because my iphone and ipad are on me literally 100% of the time. I take a PC with me 5% of the time. Great idea poor execution. Based on previous updates to the app I guess I'll have to wait 2 more months to see if anything is better, so this will sit in my desk till then.
Super cool app
I am very impressed with this device. I bought it from Fry’s a while ago and haven’t gotten around to using it until now. I have read the other reviews about the app not turning in landscape mode, but I guess I wasn’t using the device when that was occurring. The latest version I have allows this and the quality of video is great!
One of my favorite things about the newest version is the ability to use dropbox and google drive. I use started using these functions every day at the office and they have been working great. I also found out I can finally create a new folder.
Overall, I am super impressed with the product itself and the application and can’t wait to see more products coming out from this company.
With the new iOS formats unfortunately this app no longer works. Which is extremely unfortunate because this closed network device is amazing for traveling. Would love to continue to use this product, unfortunately without the app update the Monster OTG device is only good for a small battery backup for my other devices. Please update. 2 stars for still being able to use the battery otherwise 1 star at this point in time.
The developer, Monster Digital, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- SDJ Technologies, Inc
- 17.3 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 6.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Monster Digital