The easiest way to manage your family’s grocery shopping—and it’s FREE!
"I love technology, but I also love simplicity. I've found the best of both in OurGroceries." —The Kitch review
"After more than a year of using OurGroceries, we have been very satisfied." —Anne vs. Home review
OurGroceries automatically keeps your family’s grocery list up to date with the latest changes—on every family member’s mobile phone, and our website. Nearly out of milk? Add it now on your phone and your partner can pick it up on their next shopping trip.
Every change to your shared shopping list is visible within seconds on any other iPhone, Watch, iPod touch, iPad, or other smartphone grouped with yours. See items being checked off as your partner shops! Add items with Siri!
You can also keep track of the key ingredients in your favorite recipes and add them all at once to your shopping list.
• Take your shopping lists with you wherever you go.
• Share shopping lists amongst everyone in your household. Simply enter the same email address into each copy of the OurGroceries app.
• Add items quickly: on-the-fly completion searches prior shopping list items as you type.
• Cross items off the shopping list with a single tap.
• Create as many separate shopping lists as you wish, or keep it simple and just use one.
• Organize your items by category or aisle to make shopping faster and easier.
• Add a photo to an item to make sure your partner gets exactly the right one. (Premium version only.)
• Add items by scanning barcodes. (Premium version only.)
• Browse your favorite meal ideas anytime, anywhere.
• Add all the ingredients for a recipe to your shopping list with a single tap.
• All your items, lists, and recipes are automatically backed up onto the Internet. Upgrade, replace, or reformat your phone without worrying about losing your data.
• Convenient hands-free shopping with your Apple Watch.
• See and edit your lists and recipes from any desktop web browser.
• Versions available for other popular mobile phones too, in case your partner doesn't have an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad.
Visit https://www.ourgroceries.com for more information.
• Add items to your lists by scanning UPC barcodes with your phone’s camera.
• Improved adding items from the Watch app.
• Delete all crossed-off items directly from the Watch app.
Ratings and Reviews
Something new to learn and duplicate, duplicate, duplicate
The app doesn’t follow any kind of interface standards and doesn’t seem to have its own standard way of working. For an otherwise simple app, it’s not easy to items that you already input earlier. It may be in a named ‘list’ or in the Deleted ‘list’, both can be where an item ends up after purchase.
If you enter a new grocery item - they all have to be typed in completely - then realize you made a mistake (typing or otherwise) making a change results in a duplicate item. The same if you want to change from breakfast bars with almonds to breakfast bars without almonds. And WORST is this is a “multi-user” app so you don’t necessarily know this has happened so when the spouse returns with groceries you’ll get both! OR every time you make a change you can go find the old item and delete it but that’s only if you can find it because, again, the app doesn’t follow the usual standards.
I gave it 2 stars because it may be fine for a single user, but then again, if it were just me, I probably wouldn’t need a grocery list app that could probably be written on a mid ‘80s Atari.
Best Grocery app yet !
I have tried quite a few lists apps over a few years and I had an app called Grocery iQ that was similar to this but is no longer available so in my hunt to find a new grocery list app I came across this one and picked it because it was so similar and found I absolutely love it ! I almost gave this app a four star rating because at first I hadn't figured out that there is an add multiple items setting and at the time the setting had been turned off so that was bothering me but then I discovered the setting and turned it to the on position which is the first thing you should do if you download this app and now it is the most perfect well rounded greatest grocery app I've seen, I love how you can make aisle numbers a category and then it will put everything in the right aisle for you and I just can't say enough about it, I actually paid the $4.99 for the paid version and it was worth every single penny.
The best at what it does
There aren’t many ways that this app could be improved but the devs do keep making worthwhile adjustments. (Thank you for sorting changes, word case, etc.) I’ve been using it for many years and sharing this with my spouse. We were happy to pay to remove ads and, more than that, feel it’s a small price to pay for a great idea executed well.
My only complaint: I absolutely loved when these Siri integration was added but somewhere along the way it started to get a little bit flaky. Whenever I ask “hey Siri, add milk using OurGroceries,” for example, Siri will respond with “You were saying?” or “Did you accidentally summon me?” or “You’ll have to continue in OurGroceries” or “Sorry, I’ll need a few more minutes to process the updated app.”
I have rebooted my phone many times, turned Siri off and back on, and disabled then re-enabled Siri for OurGroceries. When it works it’s a dream come true (computers finally making life easier) but I’m sure I’ve spent more time troubleshooting this than the cumulative time the Siri integration had saved me. Not sure if OurGroceries or Apple is at fault but please fix it!
Really not sure when this started to go bad but it’s probably in the last month. If it’s something I’m doing wrong, it sure isn’t evident because it can break without any changes for Siri or the app. I have the app installed on three iOS devices (two mine, one my partner’s) and when it breaks on one it seems to happens for them all.
- 19 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 HeadCode
- In-App Purchases
- OurGroceries Plus (Ad-free) $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.