The easiest way to manage your family’s grocery shopping—and it’s FREE!
"I love technology, but I also love simplicity. I've found the best of both in OurGroceries." —The Kitch review
"After more than a year of using OurGroceries, we have been very satisfied." —Anne vs. Home review
OurGroceries automatically keeps your family’s grocery list up to date with the latest changes—on every family member’s mobile phone, and our website. Nearly out of milk? Add it now on your phone and your partner can pick it up on their next shopping trip.
Every change to your shared shopping list is visible within seconds on any other iPhone, Watch, iPod touch, iPad, or other smartphone grouped with yours. See items being checked off as your partner shops! Add items with Siri!
You can also keep track of the key ingredients in your favorite recipes and add them all at once to your shopping list.
• Take your shopping lists with you wherever you go.
• Share shopping lists amongst everyone in your household. Simply enter the same email address into each copy of the OurGroceries app.
• Add items quickly: on-the-fly completion searches prior shopping list items as you type.
• Cross items off the shopping list with a single tap.
• Create as many separate shopping lists as you wish, or keep it simple and just use one.
• Organize your items by category or aisle to make shopping faster and easier.
• Add a photo to an item to make sure your partner gets exactly the right one. (Premium version only.)
• Add items by scanning barcodes. (Premium version only.)
• Browse your favorite meal ideas anytime, anywhere.
• Add all the ingredients for a recipe to your shopping list with a single tap.
• All your items, lists, and recipes are automatically backed up onto the Internet. Upgrade, replace, or reformat your phone without worrying about losing your data.
• Convenient hands-free shopping with your Apple Watch.
• See and edit your lists and recipes from any desktop web browser.
• Versions available for other popular mobile phones too, in case your partner doesn't have an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad.
Visit https://www.ourgroceries.com for more information.
• Dark Mode support.
• Choose from three capitalization modes for newly-added items: none, first word, or every word.
• iPad: new “Add” button appears when adding items with a physical keyboard attached.
• Updates for iOS and iPadOS 13.
Ratings and Reviews
Perhaps the best app that I use
We have Our Groceries installed on all of our devices, and it synchronizes instantly and seamlessly. I will be at the grocery store marking off items on my cell phone as I add them to the basket. My wife will be at home adding items on her iPad, and they appear instantly on my list. Until now, the only inconvenience was having to frequently take my iPhone out of my pocket as I shopped. Last week I started using an Apple Watch, and discovered that there is a “companion app” for the watch that allows me to see Our Groceries on my wrist. Just like the phone and pad versions, the watch version works smoothly. Our Groceries is a flawless app, and is probably the most under-appreciated app on the App Store. It even has detailed and well organized instructions on their web site. I’m going back now to the store to see if this developer has any other apps that I should be enjoying. Congratulations to HeadCode on developing such a fine product.
Something new to learn and duplicate, duplicate, duplicate
The app doesn’t follow any kind of interface standards and doesn’t seem to have its own standard way of working. For an otherwise simple app, it’s not easy to items that you already input earlier. It may be in a named ‘list’ or in the Deleted ‘list’, both can be where an item ends up after purchase.
If you enter a new grocery item - they all have to be typed in completely - then realize you made a mistake (typing or otherwise) making a change results in a duplicate item. The same if you want to change from breakfast bars with almonds to breakfast bars without almonds. And WORST is this is a “multi-user” app so you don’t necessarily know this has happened so when the spouse returns with groceries you’ll get both! OR every time you make a change you can go find the old item and delete it but that’s only if you can find it because, again, the app doesn’t follow the usual standards.
I gave it 2 stars because it may be fine for a single user, but then again, if it were just me, I probably wouldn’t need a grocery list app that could probably be written on a mid ‘80s Atari.
Best Grocery app yet !
I have tried quite a few lists apps over a few years and I had an app called Grocery iQ that was similar to this but is no longer available so in my hunt to find a new grocery list app I came across this one and picked it because it was so similar and found I absolutely love it ! I almost gave this app a four star rating because at first I hadn't figured out that there is an add multiple items setting and at the time the setting had been turned off so that was bothering me but then I discovered the setting and turned it to the on position which is the first thing you should do if you download this app and now it is the most perfect well rounded greatest grocery app I've seen, I love how you can make aisle numbers a category and then it will put everything in the right aisle for you and I just can't say enough about it, I actually paid the $4.99 for the paid version and it was worth every single penny.
- 15.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 and watchOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 HeadCode
- In-App Purchases
- OurGroceries Plus (Ad-free) $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.