Screenshots

Description

5/5 - TouchArcade
5/5 - PocketTactics
9/10 'Gold Award' - PocketGamer
Grand Prize - DevGAMM Moscow 2015
Excellence in Narrative - DevGAMM 2015
Best Game Design Award - Casual Connect EE 2014
Excellence In Narrative Finalist - IMGA 2015
Best iPhone and iPad Games of 2014 - TouchArcade
Best Mobile Games of 2014 - Game Informer
Best Mobile Games of 2014 - Gamezebo

WARNING : this game is hard ! Check the forum for strategy tips : http://outthere.forumactif.org/

You are an astronaut awaking from cryonics not in the solar system, but... out there... in a far and unknown place of the galaxy. In Out There, you will have to survive, tinkering your ship with what you can gather drifting in the void, and spot garden planets to refill your oxygen supply.

Space is an hostile place ; dangerous and mysterious adventures will mark each step of your travel. You will not only meet intelligent species that won’t care about you, but also deal with ancient powers linked to your destiny and the fate of mankind itself.

Survival and understanding of what is really at stake in the galaxy is the core of what Out There has to offer.

Music by award-winning composer Siddhartha Barnhoorn (Antichamber, The Stanley Parable)

• Game Center : 59 achievements, leaderboard
• A dark and melancholic, hard sci-fi adventure
• Explore a freshly procedurally-generated galaxy every new game
• 350+ multiple choices handwritten game book adventures
• Epic main storyline with 4 different endings
• 10 spaceships with different specs to discover
• Crafting system with 20 alien technologies built from 15 materials
• Engage with alien life forms and learn their language
• No combat ! It’s you against the environment
• Eerie score by award-winning composer Siddartha Barnhoom (Antichamber, The Stanley Parable)
• Fantastic pulp comics graphics
• High replay value

What’s New

Version 3.1

New achievements added.

Ratings and Reviews

4.3 out of 5
273 Ratings

273 Ratings

Razzwell ,

Fun little time killer

A pretty choose-your-own-adventure type Resource management game. My favorite aspects of this game include: the flavor (it has a a good lost in space vibe), The aesthetic (cool comic are style with lovely coloring), The sound track (this is the best part of the game imo. Barnhoorn did a great job), and the variety of outcomes. Some of my gripes include: The RNG gods are brutal in this game so it may take you several tries to find the only thing that will allow you to beat the game, an upgraded ship. I played this game initially thinking it was a puzzle i was going to solve, that kept me interested for a while, but i eventually discovered that the difficultly primarily exists due to RNG (random number generator, aka luck/chance). You are so reliant on luck in this game that beating it will be a matter of making a run with right series of dice rolls. There’s very little one can do to improve their chance of survival. Resource burn is too aggressive imo. The devs might consider creating a normal/easy mode with slightly less severe resource burn. Though the difficultly (chance of not dying) does reflect the likelihood of the character making it back to his home-world, and maybe this is inline with the theme of game. It also very well replicates the feel of those old pulp choose-your-own-adventure books, which always seemed to kill me from what seemed to be the most innocuous decision.

ViridianPhoton ,

Fun Strategy Managing Risk

It’s easy to write this game off as being too dependent on random chance. But that's completely overlooking that the game gives you many tools to manage the risk of bad things happening, and upside of random good things, which is where the deep strategy and fun comes in. The tricks take patience to learn/discover, but it’s rewarding when you do, and you’ll consistently be pushing deep into the game if not beating it each time.

Aside from the gameplay, I liked the illustrated style, and the atmospheric music was nice as ambiance, though not too memorable. There are a few neat ideas here too like learning the language as you progress. The game works well in the mobile format - you can stop and start playing quickly, though it has that “One more jump...” addictive property, so maybe it will still be hard!

My only criticism is that a decent amount of time spent in the early/mid game (basically until you get a better ship) is centered on doing the same things - drilling/probing. I wish there was a little more variety to break that up. But ultimately I think the deep strategy and accessibility as a mobile game make this a game worth playing if you appreciate that.

ABW42 ,

Fun but RNG kills it half the time

So far I have over 100+ plays on easy and I still haven’t come anywhere close to getting any ending, every run will start out great until some random encounter breaks all my equipment and then I run out of fuel due to somehow 10 solar systems in a row not having a single fuel source, or any other seemingly unlikely resource shortage. It’s a great and simple game, but that simplicity also means that most of the time you just literally aren’t going to win, period. I want to like it but in retrospect it’s all pretty dull, all the ships are mostly the same (the stats are “different” but as far as I can tell it only makes a difference of 10 resource use max) , no ship ever has enough space to build the upgrades that make any late game survivable, and literally on the easiest mode it’s just impossible to win even after 100+ tries. Fix the RNG and it could be good, hell even just make it so that there’s a higher chance for good RNG instead of a 90% chance to basically die instantly and a 10% chance to find 10 fuel floating around, just something that doesn’t make it feel like you’re just getting kicked in the teeth with every warp.

Information

Seller
Mi-Clos Studio
Size
280.1 MB
Category
Games
Compatibility

Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

Languages

English

Age Rating
4+
Copyright
Price
$3.99

Supports

  • Game Center

    Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.

  • Family Sharing

    With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.

You May Also Like