***Best of 2016!***
Outland is the app for creating an atmosphere of space journey right in your living-room. Hook up your device to TV or open it up on Apple TV to enjoy the beauty of space. The app plays beautiful videos accompanied with nicely arranged music that makes the experience of space deeper and stronger.
20 timelapse videos featuring:
- Butterfly Nebula
- Compilation of timelapses from the ISS
- Calabash Nebula
- Cat's Eye Nebula
- Tropical cyclone moving over the Earth
- Earth view during the Day and Night
- Hubble Space Telescope flying over the surface of the Earth
- ISS flying over the surface of the Earth
- The lightning over the Earth aboard the ISS.
- Winds of Jupiter
- Flying around Minkowski's Butterfly Nebula
- Watch Earth roll by through the perspective of ESA astronaut
- Canary Islands to Italy
- Planet Earth is Beautiful
- ExoMars 2016 Liftoff
- Flying from North Africa over Turkey
- Liftoff of Vega carrying LISA Pathfinder
- Flying over the English Channel
- Sentinel-1B Prepares for Liftoff
- A timelapse video by ESA astronaut Tim Peake
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
- Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Needs way to disable false renderings; longer videos
This app is cool for the Apple TV, and free, but it needs an option to select which videos you want it to show. For example, I only want to see real footage, not renderings from star walk and solar walk. However there seems to be no way to disable them. Also each video is much too short, most only lasting a few seconds. It doesn't feel like the "spaceship window" mentioned in the description when it changes scene every 5 seconds. Also it frequently just fades to black and stays there until you manually select another video.
Not worth the time and data
Very disappointed. Great concept poor execution. Half the videos are just simulations. Really?? Not as advertised.
5 stars for the music & visuals. 2 stars for pop up ads.
I paid $.99 for this app, being a big fan of Vito Tech's Star Walk apps. To my surprise, the inspiring images and ambient music are interrupted by ads for Game of War, totally ruining the effect and intention of the app. If I pay for an app, I don't expect intrusive pop up ads. Developers need to generate revenue, I get it, but maybe they can raise the price a dollar or two and eliminate the ads. I would've paid it. The AppleTV version doesn't seem to have this problem. I'll stick with that and delete the iOS version.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Vito Technology Inc.
- 211.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 9.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © VITO Technology, Inc.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.