Outline is an easy way for you to set up your own virtual private network (VPN) server to more safely access the open internet and keep your communications private.
If you have received an access key, download the Outline app to get started.
If you haven’t received an access key, you’ll first need to set-up your own server. Get started by downloading the Outline Manager from getoutline.org. Creating your own server is quick and easy, and instructions in the Manager will guide you through each step.
How Do I Set Up Outline?
- Outline consists of two related products: the Outline Manager and Outline.
- The Outline Manager lets you create and operate your own VPN, and share access with anyone you choose by sending them an invitation directly from the Manager. Once you’ve downloaded the Manager, you can easily set up a VPN server on a cloud provider in less than five minutes.
- After setup is complete, you can download the Outline app on your phone and desktop.
- Share internet access with coworkers or friends by inviting them directly from the Manager.
- If you’ve received an access code from someone using an Outline Manager you’re all set! Just download the app and get started.
Why use Outline?
- Fast, reliable access to the open internet, powered by the Shadowsocks protocol
- Allows you to create and maintain your own VPN server and provide access with those you trust
- Strong encryption keeps your communications private
- Completely open source and audited by a nonprofit security firm
- Updated App Store description.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The app is crashing recently
I’ve been using this app for a long time and everything was working fine. But not sure why it crashes when I open it. I even restarted my phone and reinstalled outline, but it still crashes.
So far so good!
I’ve been up and running on Digital Ocean’s droplet for 2 weeks now and everything is very smooth so far and super fast from China. I’m having some problems on my windows computer that appear to be isolated to my network drivers. However both Mac and iOS apps appear to be working fine.
This is definitely a necessity when doing business in China and you have more control over who is watching your data because you never know if the VPN providers are logging your actions.
Fantastic turnkey VPN solution
Works really well and seems to connect even when others won’t.
One suggestion to the awesome dev folks - any chance of a mobile version of Outline Manager can come to iOS? Would be quicker when in the trenches and need to create a new account ASAP.
Thanks for all the amazing work, very polished application!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.