The update fixes synchronization problem that occurred due to changes in OneDrive
Ratings and Reviews
Falling behind Onenote in features.
When I initially purchased Outline, it was superior to then-terrible Onenote for iOS. Since then, the situation had reversed.
Outline still has three advantages over Onenote:
1) It can use files from cloud storage other than Onedrive. This is the biggest advantage - but only for those who need it. If you're using a free Onenote on the desktop, you really can't utilize this. You also need to be using Onedrive if you want to have web access to your notebooks.
2) It has a beautiful visual design.
3) It can open .one files directly from email, which is a useful feature in some very limited circumstances.
It also has a number of drawbacks, and here's the two biggest ones:
1) It doesn't OCR images, it doesn't OCR printouts, and even when it seems to find text in printouts created by Onenote, it won't highlight it half the time. This makes it a poor data management solution - what good is all that info if I can't find it ? This is a major design limitation.
2) While the sync has improved lately, it is still slow and there's no background sync.
With Onenote getting better and better, they need to at least fix the search to stay relevant.
Love this App!!!
This is possibly the best little notebook app I have ever seen! I used this app all throughout nursing school and it helped me keep my notes so organized!! Attach a little keyboard to your iPad and you have the best mini laptop and easy to use digital notebook. I loved that within each notebook you could have different subjects with as many pages as you wanted. I also love how you can attach the image straight into the note and place it wherever you want. The drawing feature is also awesome! Teacher draws something on the board I could either draw it myself right with the app or I could take a picture on my iPad of what she drew and place the picture within the note!! BEST NOTE TAKING APP EVER!! Also the app syncs itself with wherever else you have your app like your phone.. So if you leave your iPad at home then you can study your notes from your phone (or even take notes on your phone) I only wish I could download it for my MacBook also.
Nice app! Has the potential to become awesome!
Very nice appearance; is easy to use. More of a superb note organizer than a true outliner. The formatting/organizing ability makes it easy to view notes. More fonts and line spacing ability would be nice to have. Maybe someday?
The downside of this app is a lack of function to drag and drop, swipe, etc. to rearrange list items and tabs. Having to cut and paste everything is cumbersome and it’s much easier to accidentally lose data.
Compared with Cloud Outliner:
As with Cloud Outliner, it can covert an entire pasted-in body of text to a checklist. Nice!
However, with Cloud Outliner:
I have the ability to drag and drop each list item to rearrange/reorganize my list.
I can also swipe the list item to when i want to indent an individual line.
However, neither app automatically grays out checked items.
- GORILLIZED CORPORATION
- 122 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, German, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Gorillized Corporation
- In-App Purchases
- WebDAV Sync $2.99
- OneDrive for Business $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.