One note app to write, organize & print. OneNote compatible & Office 365 powered.
Capture notes at any spot on a page and drag around the place, organize in the world's most natural hierarchy, print to PDF, publish to web, and sync across devices with your favorite cloud.
Freedom but clear structure. Power features but focus on note-taking. Beautiful UI.
ONENOTE'S BEST FRIEND
- Import from OneNote, to give those notes a new start beyond OneDrive or SharePoint
- Export to OneNote, just in case
- Go beyond import/export and do a real time collaboration on notes with colleagues who use OneNote (your iPad and their PCs)
- Choose where you want to store your notes: Office 365, WebDAV, Dropbox, iCloud, Box, personal OneDrive, or SharePoint Server / Online
- Consider a no-cloud option too: some notes need offline and cloud-free privacy
- Find everything a note needs by the hand: text, lists, tables, handwriting, and drawing
- Put that stuff anywhere in a note and then move around / re-size / edit it all, the way you like
- Personalize notebooks with artful covers
- Keep notes structured in a natural hierarchy of pages, sections, and notebooks (and section groups, yes)
- Access a note fast via recents, search, and note links
Whether it is your meeting minutes, research, document annotations, or ideas, give those a chance to go beyond the limits.
Your notes are essential and do matter more than formats, storage, platforms, or even the app for note-taking.
"From a feature set and user interface perspective, Outline is impressive" - TechRepublic.
"Outline for iPad really provides the full editing experience you would have in OneNote or even on your Mac." - iPhone Life.
"Outline a grants you the basic and much-needed capability to create new notebooks and sections" - CNET.
Featured on Product Hunt in "Alternatives to Evernote" collection: producthunt.com/e/alternatives-to-evernote
Learn more about note-taking best practices: check out fb.com/outlineapp
The update fixes synchronization problem that occurred due to changes in OneDrive
Ratings and Reviews
Falling behind Onenote in features.
When I initially purchased Outline, it was superior to then-terrible Onenote for iOS. Since then, the situation had reversed.
Outline still has three advantages over Onenote:
1) It can use files from cloud storage other than Onedrive. This is the biggest advantage - but only for those who need it. If you're using a free Onenote on the desktop, you really can't utilize this. You also need to be using Onedrive if you want to have web access to your notebooks.
2) It has a beautiful visual design.
3) It can open .one files directly from email, which is a useful feature in some very limited circumstances.
It also has a number of drawbacks, and here's the two biggest ones:
1) It doesn't OCR images, it doesn't OCR printouts, and even when it seems to find text in printouts created by Onenote, it won't highlight it half the time. This makes it a poor data management solution - what good is all that info if I can't find it ? This is a major design limitation.
2) While the sync has improved lately, it is still slow and there's no background sync.
With Onenote getting better and better, they need to at least fix the search to stay relevant.
Love this App!!!
This is possibly the best little notebook app I have ever seen! I used this app all throughout nursing school and it helped me keep my notes so organized!! Attach a little keyboard to your iPad and you have the best mini laptop and easy to use digital notebook. I loved that within each notebook you could have different subjects with as many pages as you wanted. I also love how you can attach the image straight into the note and place it wherever you want. The drawing feature is also awesome! Teacher draws something on the board I could either draw it myself right with the app or I could take a picture on my iPad of what she drew and place the picture within the note!! BEST NOTE TAKING APP EVER!! Also the app syncs itself with wherever else you have your app like your phone.. So if you leave your iPad at home then you can study your notes from your phone (or even take notes on your phone) I only wish I could download it for my MacBook also.
Nice app! Has the potential to become awesome!
Very nice appearance; is easy to use. More of a superb note organizer than a true outliner. The formatting/organizing ability makes it easy to view notes. More fonts and line spacing ability would be nice to have. Maybe someday?
The downside of this app is a lack of function to drag and drop, swipe, etc. to rearrange list items and tabs. Having to cut and paste everything is cumbersome and it’s much easier to accidentally lose data.
Compared with Cloud Outliner:
As with Cloud Outliner, it can covert an entire pasted-in body of text to a checklist. Nice!
However, with Cloud Outliner:
I have the ability to drag and drop each list item to rearrange/reorganize my list.
I can also swipe the list item to when i want to indent an individual line.
However, neither app automatically grays out checked items.
- GORILLIZED CORPORATION
- 122 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, German, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Gorillized Corporation
- In-App Purchases
- WebDAV Sync $2.99
- OneDrive for Business $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.