- Fixed the problem that the contents of the text did not change when replacing deep heading items in the tree view by drag & drop.
- Fixed with the problem that the number of words was wrong.
- Fixed the problem that the application freezes or forcibly terminates when saving with the save dialog.
- Fixed a popup position of Japanese conversion candidate window which overlapped with sentences and was hard to see.
- Fixed with problems that .HTML extension was not attached at the time of HTML output.
- Fixed the problem where blank windows were open at the same time when trying to open an existing file without a window.
- Improve to be able to change font size of editor part.
- Fixed the problem that the window could not be closed when the window is at the back in front.
- Fixed the problem that the ON / OFF indication of "Line Number" menu was not performed correctly.
- Fixed the problem that the ON / OFF indication of "Word Count" menu was not performed correctly.
- Fixed that files with no access authority can be saved as an another file name by display an appropriate message.
- Fixed so that all files in the folder used by the application are opened read-only.
- Fixed the problems that displayed reading error when dragging and dropping the file onto the app icon and opening it, if there is no window on the desktop.
- Fixed the problem that error occrred , when cancel and close the displayed file open dialog.
- Added line number display / non-display option.
- Fixed the problem that nodes of tree view were unintentionally closed when moving node or entering headlines.
- Fixed the general problems that node operations in tree view were not working properly.
- Fixed the problems that unexpected behavior has happend when dragging and dropping items to the 'top' node.
- Fixed the problem that the top node of the tree view was hidden above the window when dealing with the full screen mode.
- Fixed the problem that the error occurred when closing the window.
Ratings and Reviews
Very limited functionality
OutlineText only supports the basic markdown syntax so no tables and no MathJax formulas. There was no presentation it did suppoort these extra features, but basic markdown support only is not very impressive. Minus one star.
Nor is there a preview window, then again this feature was not implied, I just expected one.
Initially I believed that the ability to rearrange content by dragging the headings in the left hand pane did not work but I just tried it again and it works fine. IMHO this is the application's major feature and is the main reason I got it. So this is good.
I emailed the developer but after a few days there has been no reply. Minus one star.
IMHO $3.99 for this app is on the high side for its capabilities but I thought to support the developer and will enjoy having this tool in my tool chest.
Great Idea! Immature.
For version 1.0.3 of Outline Text, on macOS Sierra:
Using right-click Open-With on an “.md” file, choosing OutlineText — causes a a Java error.
Also, moving things on the left doesn’t always work correctly — like moving a top level heading (#) with headings under it (## and ### lines), “forgot” that the top level heading text had a “#” in front of it. In other words “# My heading text” ended up as “My heading text” after I dragged-n-dropped on the left to move it between two other “# Heading” lines.
Hey … the undo function seems to work flawlessly. Pretty darned important, so thanks for making sure that is solid.
I’m not going to ask for a refund of my $2 because I’d like to encourage you to make this into an app that would fulfill the promise of what you have here. Truly, truly a great idea.
- MITSUHIRO HIBARA
- 50.7 MB
OS X 10.9.0 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Amharic, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright© 2017 M.Hibara, All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.