OWise is the multi-award-winning health app that helps you to regain control of your life from the first day of a cancer diagnosis. OWise gives you personalised, safe, reliable and credible information as well as practical support and guidance, in one easy-to-view place.
Following the success of OWise breast cancer, which has been used by thousands of breast cancer patients, OWise prostate cancer has been developed this year to give personalised support to those with prostate cancer.
OWise is designed by medical professionals and has demonstrated it can improve the communication with your care team. Using the OWise app you can easily keep track of more than 30 different side effects related to treatments such as radiotherapy, surgery, hormone therapy or chemotherapy, replacing the need for paper diaries. Moreover, through tracking, reviewing and sharing how you feel day-to-day, your doctor can make timely and informed decisions to help you.
● Access a personalised report based on your prostate cancer diagnosis.
● Use the decision aid tool to assist you in choosing the right treatment option or pathway for you.
● Track your prostate cancer symptoms and side-effects to understand your wellbeing progress.
● Generate a personalised list of suggested questions to ask your doctor.
EVERYTHING IN ONE PLACE
● Easy-to-see overview of your treatment plan.
● View and keep track of your upcoming appointments.
● Record conversations with your doctor and store private photos in the lockable diary.
● Make notes related to your prostate cancer in the app.
● Access all your information related to your prostate cancer on your smartphone or tablet – on the go or at home.
● Share your tracked symptoms with your healthcare team or loved ones, so they can better understand how you are feeling.
● Understand your cancer diagnosis better with the impartial, credible and evidence-based content of the app, and have more informed conversations with your doctor.
WHO WE ARE
Created by medical professionals in the Netherlands, OWise was brought over to the UK in 2016 through the NHS Innovation Accelerator programme. The OWise breast cancer app is CE-marked, it is accredited by NHS Digital and is listed in the NHS Apps Library. Following on from the success of OWise breast cancer, the beta version of the OWise prostate cancer app has been developed this year as a personalised tool for those with prostate cancer.
OWise has been developed by Px HealthCare Ltd., an R&D organisation focused on improving the treatment and the clinical outcomes of cancer. By using OWise you support medical research aimed at helping other cancer patients in the future.
Px HealthCare takes the protection of privacy and user data very seriously. The Px for Life Foundation has been established to manage and protect user data. User data is applied only in a fully anonymised and aggregated format for medical research purposes, and is treated in accordance with the most recent privacy protection regulations as required by the General Data Protection Regulation’s (GDPR) on the protection of personal data (Regulation (EU) 2016/679).
Having issues with the app? Want to leave us a comment? Want to become one of our ambassadors?
Get in touch with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or any of our social media accounts.
Please read more about the OWise app, their research and their policy to protect your privacy on the website www.owise.uk.
This update includes functional and design changes to the treatment graphs to make visualising historical and future treatments much more user-friendly. You can access this via the Home or Plan tabs.
At OWise, we’re constantly working hard to make your personalised help for prostate cancer as seamless as possible. If you are enjoying the app, feel free to leave us a rating or review! Any questions or feedback, email us right away at email@example.com
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Px HealthCare B.V.
- 46.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © Px HealthCare Group Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.