Legendary Album Tone from your Tube Amp — Anywhere, at Any Volume.
This is the companion application for OX Amp Top Box by Universal Audio. Install the Rig Control app on your iPad or Mac, then pair over Wi-Fi to your OX hardware and tap into a full virtual studio of speaker cabinets, microphones, and effects for getting legendary amp tones.
• Full control of OX Amp Top Box Rigs via Wi-Fi on iPad or Mac
• Access 100 carefully-crafted Rig presets for instant album-quality guitar tones
• Choose from 17 classic speaker cabinets with vintage, NOS, and modern speakers
• Choose from 7 boutique close mic and 6 room mic combinations
• Perfect your studio amp tones with EQ, Compression, Delay, and Plate Reverb
• Customize OX's RIG knob assignments for standalone access without app
• OX Amp Top Box Hardware
• Internet connection via Wi-Fi for OX hardware registration
• iPad with iOS 11 or higher
New options to check and install OX firmware updates
Ratings and Reviews
Game Changer For Guitarists
It just works easily. Steps are so basic. The OX and this app make this a “game changer”.
-The 2 Fender Tweeds and Vox models are just fantastic. Sparkly and clean and will light on fire when the volume turned up and extra "gristle" is needed.
1) Connect Amp out into OX with correct Ohm matched. Plug in headphones or Line out to monitors, Turn on Ox, Turn on Amp, Play Guitar.
-Default Cabinets are Great: 1) Marshall green back, 2) Tweed alnico, 3) Vox 2x12, 4) Tweed 4x10 bassman, 5) Blackface Champ/Princeton and 6) 2 x12 Divided by 13.
The UAD platform is rock solid and captures the soul of the best studio gear. This App leverages the great sounding modeled gear as a foundation for its recording chain that mike , nice plate reverb, compressor (1176), Delay and EQ.
Good, but lacks Landscape Mode
I use my iPad in a kickstand/keyboard mode in my studio, but unfortunately the Ox app doesn’t support anything other than Portrait/Vertical orientation.
Seems like a simple fix that would improve the usability and workflow for those of us using stands.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.