World`s most trusted Chinese Dictionary with over 300,000 entries and 75,000 audio pronunciations by Oxford University Press and advanced features by MobiSystems.
Oxford Chinese Dictionary is the most renowned bilingual dictionary available today. This extensive supplemental material includes grammar notes, example letters and emails, and guides to telephoning and text messaging, perfect for students on their year abroad, or those working in Chinese or English. Regarded as one of the flagship products in Oxford University Press catalog of dictionaries, the app features advanced search and learning tools designed by a vastly experienced developer.
WHAT MAKES OXFORD DICTIONARY OF CHINESE BETTER THAN OTHER DICTIONARIES?
• The very latest vocabulary edition, with over 300,000 words, phrases and meanings to ensure accurate translations and useful information.
• Tens of thousands of regionally specific entries reflecting the unique richness and global adaptability of Chinese.
• Produced in association with Foreign Language Teaching & Research Press (FLTRP), using the latest lexicographic methods.
• 75,000 audio pronunciations of both common and rare words, including those with varying pronunciations.
This app is tailored to professionals, students, and academics, as well as anyone who needs a comprehensive and authoritative dictionary of current Chinese at work or at home.
LATEST APP UPDАТES:
• Learn in style with any of the four colorful new themes – the colorful layout will turn your learning experience into an enjoyable routine. Customize your dictionary and benefit from the cheerful mood your favorite color brings you.
• Dive right into the intricacies of the language - with a new and convenient Home page, sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches - you can now get to the desired entry faster than ever.
• Translate and learn as you speak with Talk & Translate – use this speech recognition & text-to-speech app by downloading it for Free from the App Store. The great synergy between the two apps will help you optimize your studies.
SEARCH TOOLS - quickly find words with the functional, clean and easy-to-use interface. Designed to provide the most comprehensive search experience, the dictionary combines several search tools to match or predict what are you looking for, including:
• Search autocomplete helps you find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type.
• Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases.
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results in seconds.
• Voice search helps you find an entry using your speech.
• Automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ that corrects word spelling and a ‘Wild card’ that allows you to replace a letter or entire parts of a word with '*' or '?' when you don’t know how it`s spelled.
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary. Designed to give you the freedom to structure your studies, this dictionary combines several learning tools to help you be more organized:
• ‘Favorites’ that allow you to create custom folders with lists of words.
• Recent list which helps you to easily review looked-up words.
• Swipe-to-delete functionality in the Recent and Favorites menus.
• Word-of-the-day option to teach you a new word every day.
Feel excited by the new word or definition you just learned? Share your discovery with friends on social media, email or any other option available on your device.
• Updated 2018 database
• iOS 12 Support
• Beautifully integrated for iPhone XS
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great resource for Chinese students.
Does not replace Line Dictionary but good definitions
I have been studying Chinese for almost 2 years and have been relying on Line Dictionary, which I love, but it is frankly not enough. So I broke down and bought this dictionary. Where the line dictionary lacks in accuracy, the Oxford dictionary picks up. It contains all the correct definitions or words that I sometimes struggle to define. I give it four stars, however, instead of five, because it does not replace the Line Dictionary, and it is not my go to Dictionary. I prefer Line because it has stroke-order graphics and more sample sentences. More content. Yet Oxford has the better definitions of the two. Essentially I only use Oxford if Line can’t give me the right definition.
Additionally, I also like the word of the day feature of the Oxford dictionary. It gives me an alert of the new word of the day. Some of the words are kind of obscure, but it is nice to get an alert anyway.
The user experience is great.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- MobiSystems, Inc.
- 228.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 MobiSystems, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.