This dictionary contains alternative words that cover everyday vocabulary as well as more unusual and specialist words, alongside a clear indicator of informal, dialect, literary, and technical items. Other useful features include thousands of example phrases helping you to select the correct word, with opposites and related terms clearly marked.
LATEST APP UPDАТES:
• Learn in style with any of the four colorful new themes – the colorful layout will turn your learning experience into an enjoyable routine. Customize your dictionary and benefit from the cheerful mood your favorite color brings you.
• Dive right into the intricacies of the language - with a new and convenient Home page, sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches - you can now get to the desired entry faster than ever.
• Translate and learn as you speak with Talk & Translate – use this speech recognition & text-to-speech app by downloading it for Free from the App Store. The great synergy between the two apps will help you optimize your studies.
SEARCH TOOLS - quickly find words with the functional, clean and easy-to-use interface. Designed to provide the most comprehensive search experience, the dictionary combines several search tools to match or predict what are you looking for, including:
• Search autocomplete helps you find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type.
• Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases.
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results in seconds.
• Voice search helps you find an entry using your speech.
• Automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ that corrects word spelling and a ‘Wild card’ that allows you to replace a letter or entire parts of a word with '*' or '?' when you don’t know how it`s spelled.
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary. Designed to give you the freedom to structure your studies, this dictionary combines several learning tools to help you be more organized:
• ‘Favorites’ that allow you to create custom folders with lists of words.
• Recent list which helps you to easily review looked-up words.
• Swipe-to-delete functionality in the Recent and Favorites menus.
• Word-of-the-day option to teach you a new word every day.
Feel excited by the new word or definition you just learned? Share your discovery with friends on social media, email or any other option available on your device.
• iOS 12 Support
• Beautifully integrated for iPhone XS
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
My only complaint is that the favorited words are not alphabetized.
Annoying & Inadequate
Immediately upon opening this app, one is greeted with a prompt to “Rate us 5 stars.” Not, “Please rate us,” but begging for 5 stars. This app bills itself as a “concise” thesaurus, probably because “woefully incomplete thesaurus” wouldn’t generate downloads. The app doesn’t seem to recognize some common words, despite being active on an Internet-connected device. Don’t bother, just go search for your word in your favorite search engine.
Waste of money
Not as extensive as advertised. Wish I could get a refund, but that doesn't seem to be an option. Didn't even have the word "retro." Seems not up to date with modern language. For $10 I expected a lot more. Very disappointed. I downloaded a free thesaurus that is much more useful.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.