With this new Oxford Learner’s German Dictionary app you can enjoy over 150 years of language experience at your fingertips. Oxford School Dictionaries and Thesauruses are trusted, accessible and up-to-date. All content is backed by a unique database of millions of words and based on real language students use, including:
* Relevant, age-appropriate language
* Support for language development and writing skills
* Example sentences and real context showing how words are used in practice
The Oxford Learner`s German Dictionary is a comprehensive dictionary for secondary school students aged 11-16. Containing 35,000 words, translations, example sentences and language tips, this is the ideal tool to use anywhere, as it provides:
* Thousands of examples show how German is used in context
* Facts and tips provide extra information on language, life and culture
* All curriculum and exam vocabulary are specially highlighted
LATEST APP UPDАТES:
• Learn in style with any of the four colorful new themes – the colorful layout will turn your learning experience into an enjoyable routine. Customize your dictionary and benefit from the cheerful mood your favorite color brings you.
• Dive right into the intricacies of the language - with a new and convenient Home page, sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches - you can now get to the desired entry faster than ever.
• Translate and learn as you speak with Talk & Translate – use this speech recognition & text-to-speech app by downloading it for Free from the App Store. The great synergy between the two apps will help you optimize your studies.
SEARCH TOOLS - quickly find words with the functional, clean and easy-to-use interface. Designed to provide the most comprehensive search experience, the dictionary combines several search tools to match or predict what are you looking for, including:
• Search autocomplete helps you find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type.
• Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases.
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results in seconds.
• Voice search helps you find an entry using your speech.
• Automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ that corrects word spelling and a ‘Wild card’ that allows you to replace a letter or entire parts of a word with '*' or '?' when you don’t know how it`s spelled.
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary. Designed to give you the freedom to structure your studies, this dictionary combines several learning tools to help you be more organized:
• ‘Favorites’ that allow you to create custom folders with lists of words.
• Recent list which helps you to easily review looked-up words.
• Swipe-to-delete functionality in the Recent and Favorites menus.
• Word-of-the-day option to teach you a new word every day.
Feel excited by the new word or definition you just learned? Share your discovery with friends on social media, email or any other option available on your device.
• iOS 12 Support
• Beautifully integrated for iPhone XS
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Too simple for the money
OK Oxford, here is the review you INSISTED me to provide, although for a hefty priced app I should be allowed to refuse it. This is one of the most rudimentary dictionaries on the market. You are better off using the free Google translator. No ability to play the sound of the word’s pronunciation? Are you kidding me? No good contextual utilization of the word? This is really, really poor job. Clearly not worth the money. I am so disappointed. I paid like a dummy influenced by the reputation of the name and all I have gotten is a toy dictionary. Good only for light use. Really sad realization.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.