The Oxford Spanish Dictionary is the most widely used and authoritative Spanish bilingual dictionary available. It's used as a key reference tool by language professionals with over 300,000 words and phrases, and half a million translations, and packed full of grammatical and usage information. As one of the flagship products in the Oxford University Press catalog of dictionaries, the app features learning tools designed by a vastly experienced developer.
WHAT MAKES OXFORD DICTIONARY OF SPANISH BETTER THAN OTHER DICTIONARIES?
• The latest 2018 edition vocabulary with over 320,000 words, phrases and meanings.
• Tens of thousands of regionally specific entries reflecting the unique richness and global adaptability of the Spanish language.
• 75,000 audio pronunciations of both common and rare words, including those with varying pronunciations (Premium only)
LATEST APP UPDАТES:
• Learn in style with any of the four colorful new themes – The colorful layout will turn your learning experience into an enjoyable routine. Customize your dictionary and benefit from the cheerful mood your favorite color brings you.
• Dive right into the intricacies of the language - With new and convenient Home page, sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches, you can get to the desired entry faster than ever.
• Translate and learn as you speak by using Talk & Translate – Use the speech recognition & text-to-speech app by downloading it for Free from the App Store. The great synergy between the two apps will be there to help you optimize your studies.
SEARCH TOOLS - quickly find words with the clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.
Designed to provide the most comprehensive search experience, the dictionary combines several search tools to match or predict what are you looking for, including:
• Search autocomplete helps you find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type.
• Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases.
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results in seconds.
• Voice search helps you find an entry when you don’t know how a word is spelled.
Looking for a specific word but don't know how it's spelled? We've got you covered with our automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary. Designed to give you freedom to structure your studies, the dictionary combines several learning tools to help you be more organized, including:
• ‘Favorites’ that allow you to create custom folders with lists of words.
• Recent list which helps you to easily review looked-up words.
• Swipe-to-delete functionality in the Recent and Favorites menus.
• Word-of-the-day option to teach you a new word every day.
Feel excited by the new word or definition you just learned? Share your discovery with friends on social media, email or any other option available on your device.
Get even more with PREMIUM:
• Audio pronunciation - Learn words faster with the integrated pronunciations.
• Offline mode - Save words on your device and view them without internet connection.
• Priority support - Get support with priority for any app-related issues.
• No ads – Enjoy an ad-free learning experience.
PRICING & SUBSCRIPTIONS
Premium Subscription is available for $9.99/year. The Premium Subscription includes a free trial. After the trial period expires you will be charged for yearly subscription though your Apple ID account. Any unused portion of the free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase the subscription. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the subscription period. You can manage your subscription through your Account Settings.
• Updated 2018 database
• Offline mode feature
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
The “Go-to” dictionary for the serious student
The completeness of word/phrase usage & application is not just helpful but essential, highlighting the inadequacy of smaller, simpler dictionaries. I rarely use my 2000 page Oxford hardback any more because of the completeness & obvious portability of this. A truly superior “investment”.
Suggesting an alternative
The Oxford content is first-rate, but this app provides no way to look up words from other apps—something that many other dictionary apps provide (you should be able to select a word and tap "share" to consult any dictionary). Advanced and full-text searches are not possible. The MobiSystems interface feels like shareware. It is bloated, clumsy and, at times, slow, despite being a paid app. On every startup, the splash screen displays for too long. The app constantly nags you to "rate 5 stars." Many reviewers have complained about this, and MobiSystems's response seems to have been to make the message appear even more frequently. It used to stop if you gave the app any rating; now it doesn't (unless perhaps you do rate it 5 stars?). I had to turn off banner notifications to get rid of the red "1" that constantly appeared next to the app's icon. MobiSystems, these things would be easy to fix, and then I would give your app 5 stars! In short, I very much prefer the Collins Spanish Dictionary Complete & Unabridged from developer Cole Zhu (the Collins content is on a par with Oxford's and the interface is better).
So disappointed. Don’t buy it.
As a Spanish teacher and one who travels abroad with students, I’ve been an outspoken advocate of this app for years. I originally paid $24+ - which at the time was outrageously expensive. But the benefits of “use anywhere at anytime” made this worth the investment. It had no ads and was available offline. Then came iOS updates that the original app and Mobisystems weren’t ready or able to handle. When traveling abroad and in places with no WiFi, this app used to be a go-to. Now ... it’s just a run-of-the-mill dictionary. The ads slow down the search and only the premium version is available offline. Save your money. Use Word Reference or Google Translate. Cheaper. Faster.
- MobiSystems, Inc.
- 266.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 MobiSystems, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Oxford Spanish Dictionary Free IAP $9.99
- OSDFree_50 $4.99
- OSDFree_40 $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.