Have you ever forgotten something really important for your trip?
This will never happen again with Pack The Bag!
No more incomplete hand-written packlists for your upcoming journey, no more bad feelings or expensive surprises at the airport. Make your next trip the best trip ever.
Pack The Bag for iOS helps you managing your packlists. You and your bag will be well-prepared, you will save the trouble of thinking about all the items that you want to carry along on your journey.
Pro version: no ads, all features! Import your lists from Pack The Bag Free with only 2 clicks!
- Choose from more than 700 items in 27 categories
- Easily create, edit and delete items and categories
- Maintain your items in the inventory list without the need to create a packlist
- Assign a weight to your items to prevent expensive surprises at the airport
- Create new packlists by copying from existing lists
- Pack your items without running around by optionally sorting by storage locations
- Send and share packlists by email - they can be imported on any other iOS device
- Dropbox support: Export and import lists via Dropbox
- Airdrop support: Exchange lists with devices in your surrounding
- Packing reminder push notification: Define a date when your device should remind you to start packing
- Define an icon for your packlist
- Sort lists by name or date or reoder them manually
- Duplicate a category with all included items (e.g. child 1, child2, …)
- Add a filter to display how many items are not yet packed in a list
- Color schemes: Choose from different colors - or define your own color
- Support for Apple Watch - pack your items on the watch
- Supported Languages: English, German, Turkish
You have ideas how to improve the app? You found issues? Send feedback to the Pack The Bag team directly from inside the app - your support is highly appreciated!
Added confirmation dialog when a pack list is about to be deleted
Added FAQ section in 'Help & Support'
Added more pack list icons
Removed automatic keyboard opening when an item is being created
Minor interface improvements on iPad Split View and Slide Over
A lot of minor stability improvements and fixes
Note: This is the last update that supports iOS 9
If you like Pack The Bag and want to support development of new features, please leave a positive review on the App Store. Thanks a lot!
Ratings and Reviews
Has the basics
I’ve evaluated a few packing apps and this one is pretty good (I paid to remove the adds). One of the features I was looking for was the ability to identify quantity, which this has, and for my long trips, a way to identify quantity used (to know quantity remaining), which this app does nit have but I use a work around. A few enhancements I’s like to see:
1) persistent access to search - such a basic feature to have when working with lists! if i’m looking for an item to pack, you have to navigate to filters, then search. should just be at the top of the list or accessible by pull-down
2) notes, for items (or even at the category level), i’d like to add notes to the item being packed. For example, Money - how much to bring based on a budget for the day, or if i’m packing shoes, a note about which outfit to pair.
3) better export formatting - i prefer a list with category header, and checkbox for the items. the current format tries to emulate that, but i don’t find it as user friendly as a simpler list display would be. exported text should be easy to use
UPDATED: A Great for the Infrequent Traveler
Since the last update, I had to change my review to three stars. Unable to add items unless you close the app and restart. Seems very clunky now.
My wife and I travel a couple times a year for vacation and this little app really helps when we, I mean, I'm feverishly packing my bag last minute. I like the fact that you can add and edit pre populated items within the app. We used to use a paper checklist but this app has done away with that. It's also nice to see how many more days until our next vacation (I use the previous pack list as a template.). Just a few updates since installing which means it's very stable. I highly recommend!
Well thought out travel app
Although only you know what exactly you need to pack in your bag, this app does a pretty good job compiling a list of typical things you would take depending on what type trip you're doing: beach ski trip, camping etc. I find it very useful as a starting point to make sure I bring the basics and then of course the app lets you add the specific items that you yourself want to travel with. Kudos to the app for also including a checklist of things typically one wants to take care of before they leave on a trip. I've had this app for several years and I really can't think of what they could do to improve upon it.
- Andreas Krawczyk
- 70.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, German, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010-2019 Andreas Krawczyk
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Ad-free version $1.99
- Donate $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.