** THANKS EVERYONE FOR MAKING THIS #1 IN CANADA, #2 IN AUSTRALIA & #3 IN THE U.S.! **
** Chosen by National Geographic as one of the Top 20 apps for traveling. **
** Spotlight demoed in Apple Retail Stores **
** UNIVERSAL APP -- optimized for iPad, iPhone & iPod touch **
** Great Value -- like getting two apps in one! **
"It works like a charm, does what it advertises, and is hands down my new favorite travel app. Bravo."
-- iPhone App Reviews
Never forget to pack anything again! For less than the cost of a (*forgotten*) toothbrush or a pair of socks (and the time & hassle of replacing it on the road, or in the woods?), this iPhone/iPad app can be your very own personal packing assistant.
PACKING LIST FEATURES:
- CREATE unlimited, 100% user-customizable packing lists
- BUILD lists quickly & easily with multi-item selection
- EDIT your lists however you wish (add, delete, rename or reorder any category or item)
- DISCOVER new ideas & suggestions from included sample lists
- USE any list (sample or your own) as a template for future lists
- MONITOR a running tally of total items per category & how many of them are checked off
- COLLAPSE categories for less scrolling & better management
- SORT items by priority, type or item, or by hand
- SHOW only items that are packed or unpacked, or show them all
- FILTER items based on need to buy, person and/or bag
- EDIT item details (number, weight, value, person, bag & notes)
- ADD IMAGES & ALERTS to list items
- TOTAL your list items, weights & values, by bag, by person & by category
- SEE remaining items as badges on home page & app icon
- PRINT your list directly to a printer with 1, 2 or 3 columns
- EMAIL your packing lists to family & friends
- CUSTOMIZE the Master Catalog with 100% freedom (add, delete, rename or reorder any category, type or item)
- SELECT from hundreds of items for quick list generation with only minimal typing
- ACCESS an extensive pre-departure TO DO list with over 100 tasks
- USE Favorites folder for quick access to common items
- DEFINE your own categories, types, items & TO DO actions for more customized freedom & control
- COPY & MOVE types and items throughout catalog
- MULTI-EDIT your types & items (delete, move, copy or set) more quickly than one-by-one
- SORT, CAPITALIZE & UNCAPITALIZE
OTHER KEY FEATURES:
- VIEW comfortably on new iPads, iPod touches & iPhones running iOS 8-11
- IMPORT & EXPORT packing lists & Master Catalog (or parts of them) between apps or devices
- REFER to a comprehensive in-app help guide
- UPGRADE to Pro-level Catalog, Features, or Full Combo via in-app purchasing
If you desire better syncing & sharing options, display customization, a super-sized catalog, twice as many sample lists, & additional, built-in Expert assistance, then consider Packing Pro (in-app upgrade options also available):
PRO BENEFITS (in Packing Pro):
1) FULL iCLOUD SUPPORT:
-- device-to-device auto-sync support for lists, catalog & settings
2) CSV IMPORT / EXPORT:
-- edit your lists & catalog content on a PC with Excel, Numbers or GoogleDocs
3) PACKING LIST FILE SHARING & BACKUP:
-- share lists & catalog content via email, iTunes' File Sharing & Dropbox
4) HUGE MASTER CATALOG:
-- over 400 new items (total of over 800), including extra items for babies, kids, pets, sports, cooking & religion
5) EXPERT LIST ASSISTANT:
-- "automagically" create lists based on the number of adults (males & females), children & days, as well as temperature, destination, food prep & clothes washing preferences
6) CUSTOMIZABLE DESIGN:
-- includes app-wide themes, layout, display & font choices, & nearly full control over all the colors & textures in the app
7) TWICE AS MANY SAMPLE PACKING LISTS (NOW 9):
-- including ones for couples, families, business people & campers
8) SMART SEARCH:
-- easy & intuitive search function
Quick, simple & reliable, let Packing (or Packing Pro) be your helpful travel companion on all of your trips. Bon voyage!
This update contains a bunch of nice new list-editing features:
- Option to move/copy list items to a new list category (vs just an existing one)
- Option to duplicate an existing list item when searching via List or Master Catalog (previously only possible via Direct Entry and Pick from Catalog methods) (PRO feature)
- Added a reminder to set an alert when creating new lists
- Fixed a few bugs and design issues
Thanks for all your feedback & support, and stay tuned for more updates!
Ratings and Reviews
Ten Thumbs Up
I'm long overdue writing a review for this app; I owe it to the developers. I can't remember what year I started using it but it was before the name changed, and I think it was on my iPhone 3GS! This app is simply a part of my travel routine, every trip, every time.
An example of its utility: I take a kayaking trip every summer to the same cabin. This app takes care of every trivial question. ("Is this the place that doesn't provide paper towels—or is it dish soap?") Now I don't have to strain a single brain cell. A week before leaving I open the app and it's all there: I know to pack an extension cord for the second bedroom because the outlet is too far from the bed. We need 6 large, 8 medium and 4 small bungees for the kayaks. The coffee pot uses size-2 basket-style coffee filters. You get the drift. Organized and stress-free!
I admit that I'd be screwed if I ever lost my lists but that, thankfully, has never happened to me. I do try to remember to back up my important lists from time to time.
An A-plus app, invaluable. Ten thumbs up!
I like this app—it's useful—HOWEVER, whenever I use it, it has deleted my lists and I haven't done anything to it like removing it. It stays on my phone, but saves nothing every single time.
THAT was my OLD review! I've had this app for years now and it's become invaluable to me. Over the years, the improvements have been great and it now saves my lists. If all the apps I've invested in, this one was one of the best ones I've gotten. :)
Update again a year later: All lists were wiped out and I had about 20 of them. This is a great app, but they really should have worked out how to not let this happen by now. If you buy this and have an important list, make sure you either back it up in writing or else buy an app that doesn’t delete your lists!
I’ve been using this app for almost five years. I love it, and use it as a checklist every time I travel. There have been many updates over the years, the most extensive was very recent. I like the fact that they are on top of keeping everything up-to-date, while also making so many improvements. I upgraded to Pro, and it was well worth it. Highly recommended if like to be organized, and you don’t want to leave something important behind when you travel.
- Quinn Genzel
- 20.5 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2008-2019 Quinn Genzel
- In-App Purchases
- Full Pro Upgrade $1.99
- Pro Features Upgrade $0.99
- Pro Catalog Upgrade $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.