Documents that stand apart
Pages is the most beautiful word processor you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. Start with an Apple-designed template to instantly create gorgeous reports, digital books, resumes, posters, and more. Or use a blank document and create your own design. Easily add images, movies, audio, tables, charts, and shapes. You can even draw and annotate using Apple Pencil on supported devices or your finger. Pages has been designed exclusively for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
Draw and annotate using Apple Pencil or your finger
• Easily add drawings with pen, pencil, crayon, and fill tools, then animate them and watch them come to life
• Use Smart Annotation to add comments and marks that stay anchored to their associated text
• Convert your handwritten words to typed text with Scribble and Apple Pencil
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a document at the same time on Mac, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch—even on a PC
• Share your document publicly or with specific people, see who’s currently in the document with you, and view other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on documents stored in iCloud or in Box
Create beautiful documents
• Use Screen View on iPhone to automatically display text, images, and other elements optimized to fit your screen
• Choose from over 90 Apple-designed templates
• Enhance your document with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Easily add images, video, and audio
• Add an image gallery to view a collection of photos on the same page
• Create interactive EPUB books that can be shared with others or published to Apple Books for download or purchase
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and text files
• Use the table of contents view to easily navigate your document or book
• Add comments and join threaded conversations
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Add bookmarks to easily link from one part of your document to another
• Turn on facing pages to format your document as two-page spreads
• Create page templates to keep the design consistent across your page layout document
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view character, word, and paragraph counts
• Add elegant mathematical equations using LaTeX or MathML notation
• Use presenter mode to easily read and auto scroll text while giving a speech
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and from a Mac or PC browser at iCloud.com
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Export your document in EPUB, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies, and two-sided printing
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
This update contains bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Buggy, iPad Pro 11”
I like the flexibility, the layout ability, and the templates. But, it is temperamental and buggy with simple word processing. I’m trying to use a book formatted document from a provided template. I pause here to say that it’s annoying to open a book template with an iPad in English mode, bearing an English title cover page, but with sample content totally in French...all of them. If I try to partially utilize the template’s formatting by altering the content slightly, the app erases it all and I have to totally retype it...negates the usefulness of the template. Tapping to place the cursor to modify text sporadically doesn’t work. When that happens, the only way to get the cursor placed correctly is to first tap into an entirely different place in the document and then place the cursor. The cursor placement method of holding the space bar and using it as a trackpad doesn’t work about 15% of the time with this app only. Text styles are annoyingly uneditable. Earth to app designers everywhere: While I appreciate your formatting suggestions, you need to recognize it is not your device, nor your document. Please do not impose your style on the rest of us by locking out alterations to a preformatted style. If, for instance, if I want sentence case instead of caps lock, that’s my call, not yours.
I have been using Pages for a long time now, and I think that it is overall a fantastic app. However, there are some glitches that are not helpful and using the app extraordinarily difficult to start. The auto correction is too extreme whenever I would type simple words such as because or table, it would put a red line under it, saying that I spelled it wrong. I would check all of the words that I got wrong using a dictionary, and I still got the same result. I had to fix this by turning off the auto correction completely, which wasn’t what I wanted to do because it’s some cases I do want the auto correct, but not in cases where it is that extreme. Secondly, the templates are super Jenkee. I cannot get a single one of them to work like they are supposed to. I can’t find a way to change the background on any of the templates, so I just had to start with a blank book. not to mention the pages have a weird gibberish title, Erna sempter and it’s not helpful because what I need is just a blank line with spacing and a chapter 1 where I have to delete so much that I don’t have any room to actually write a novel. starting with a blank document is the only thing that works well and even that Jenkee. If you could, please change these this would be a very good app and it would be just like word. I would appreciate it if these changes were made thank you very much.
ONE Problem and only ONE!!!
I absolutely LOVE pages, numbers and keynote. I have Office on my MacBook but prefer these over Office hands down. I have purchased so many of the template apps as well, that now I think I could open a business creating documents for others.
The problem is that the rest of the world does not use these Mac apps. Most of the time, I have to send my masterpieces that I spend hours on back to the office where everyone uses Office, so before I do, I have to send the document to myself so I can see what changes were made in Office and then make it look as close to what I originally created as possible. There should be better compatibility between the 2. Many have complained about the font shortage. That is definitely a true issue, but my biggest complaint is the compatibility. When I import docs from Office to iWork there are also issues (background color or font color changes in keynote, drop down menus change in numbers, etc.)
Please, please, please do something to improve this. I love playing with the templates and creating beautiful items that everyone thinks I'm a great graphical genius, but if the rest of the office can't see them, using/buying these apps is pointless.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- 462.1 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2010 - 2022 Apple Inc.