Pages is the most beautiful word processor you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. Start with an Apple-designed template to instantly create gorgeous reports, digital books, resumes, posters and more. Or use a blank document and create your own design. Easily add images, movies, audio, charts and shapes. You can even draw and annotate using Apple Pencil on supported devices, or your finger. Pages has been designed exclusively for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC.
Draw and annotate using Apple Pencil, or your finger
• Easily add drawings with pen, pencil, crayon, and fill tools. Then animate them and watch them come to life
• Use Smart Annotation to add comments and marks that stay anchored to their associated text
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a document at the same time
• Collaboration is built right in to Pages on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. PC users can collaborate too
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on documents stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 70 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, digital books, resumes, cards, posters and more
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and text files
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
• Enhance your document with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Easily add images, video, and audio
• Add an image gallery to view a collection of photos on the same page
• Create interactive EPUB books that can be shared with others or published to Apple Books for download or purchase
• Use the table of contents view to easily navigate your document or book
• Add comments and join threaded conversations
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Add bookmarks to easily link from one part of your document to another
• View pages side by side as you work
• Turn on facing pages to format your document as two-page spreads
• Create master pages to keep the design consistent across your page layout document
• Add linked text boxes so text easily flows from one place to another
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts
• Add elegant mathematical equations using LaTeX or MathML notation
• Quickly open password-protected documents using Touch ID or Face ID on supported devices
• Use presenter mode to easily read and auto scroll text while giving a speech
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Export your document in EPUB, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies, and two-sided printing
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
• Use the new reading view to scroll and zoom your documents without unintentional edits.
• Play YouTube and Vimeo videos right in your documents.*
• Easily add captions and titles to images, videos, shapes, and other objects.
* May not be available in all regions.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Buggy, iPad Pro 11”
I like the flexibility, the layout ability, and the templates. But, it is temperamental and buggy with simple word processing. I’m trying to use a book formatted document from a provided template. I pause here to say that it’s annoying to open a book template with an iPad in English mode, bearing an English title cover page, but with sample content totally in French...all of them. If I try to partially utilize the template’s formatting by altering the content slightly, the app erases it all and I have to totally retype it...negates the usefulness of the template. Tapping to place the cursor to modify text sporadically doesn’t work. When that happens, the only way to get the cursor placed correctly is to first tap into an entirely different place in the document and then place the cursor. The cursor placement method of holding the space bar and using it as a trackpad doesn’t work about 15% of the time with this app only. Text styles are annoyingly uneditable. Earth to app designers everywhere: While I appreciate your formatting suggestions, you need to recognize it is not your device, nor your document. Please do not impose your style on the rest of us by locking out alterations to a preformatted style. If, for instance, if I want sentence case instead of caps lock, that’s my call, not yours.
Appreciate the Simplicity
I have used just about every word processor ever made, going all the way back to WordStar on DOS, and WordPerfect, Microsoft Word, Scrivener, etc., and have recently rediscovered Pages. Once I got used to the unconventional user interface I began to really appreciate the fine balance of simplicity and features. It can be used as a minimalist writing tool, but dig deeper and you find most of the controls you’d consider standard in a word processor. It has a few quirks, but once mastered they are not a problem. It’s not perfect, but no word processor is. It doesn’t try to do everything for everyone — that’s what MS Word is for. It isn’t overly complex — that’s Scrivener. I’ve found that if you split a screen and have Notes on one side, and Pages on the other, you have a nice and simple replacement for Scrivener that gives you just enough features but not too much, and the output is beautiful and ready to go without bogging you down with settings. Add the new iPad Pro magic keyboard and you have one of the nicest writing machines I have ever used. Plus it syncs nicely to the desktop version, and ... one of the best features: it’s free. FREE. That’s a great feature! Bravo, Apple. Well done. Five stars.
ONE Problem and only ONE!!!
I absolutely LOVE pages, numbers and keynote. I have Office on my MacBook but prefer these over Office hands down. I have purchased so many of the template apps as well, that now I think I could open a business creating documents for others.
The problem is that the rest of the world does not use these Mac apps. Most of the time, I have to send my masterpieces that I spend hours on back to the office where everyone uses Office, so before I do, I have to send the document to myself so I can see what changes were made in Office and then make it look as close to what I originally created as possible. There should be better compatibility between the 2. Many have complained about the font shortage. That is definitely a true issue, but my biggest complaint is the compatibility. When I import docs from Office to iWork there are also issues (background color or font color changes in keynote, drop down menus change in numbers, etc.)
Please, please, please do something to improve this. I love playing with the templates and creating beautiful items that everyone thinks I'm a great graphical genius, but if the rest of the office can't see them, using/buying these apps is pointless.
- Apple Inc.
- 541.5 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2010 - 2020 Apple Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.