Paint X is a Morden and Elegant painting application to draw, color, or edit pictures. You can use Paint X like a digital sketchpad to make simple pictures, creative projects, or to add text and designs to other pictures, such as those taken with your digital camera.
This tried-and-true program is easier to use and fun, too. The realistic digital "brushes" will bring your pictures to life in shades of watercolor, crayon, and calligraphy etc. And the toolbox & Inspectors (the area at the left of the main window that shows what a program can do) displays choices out in the open rather than in menus.
• Pencil tool, Eraser tool, Airbrush tool, Fill tool, Text tool, Color picker tool, Rectangle selection tool, Free-form selection tool
• Ten built-in paintbrushes: Pixel brush, Calligraphy brush, Watercolor brush, Ball-pen brush and so on
• Over 40 ready-made shapes: Line, Curve, Oval, Five-point star, Heart, Cloud, Smile and so on
• Rotate/Resize shapes or selection freely
• Flip the image horizontally or vertically
• Crop image by selection
• Paint with a transparency color anywhere
• Stroke/Fill shapes with respective colors
• Add your own colors to the builtin color panel
• Cut/Copy/Paste image
• Paste from an image file
• Canvas/Image size is adjustable
• Support Drag and Drop operation
• Support Zoom In/Out feature
• Support multiple image windows opened at the same time
• Support printing
• Support file formats: png, tiff, bmp, jpeg, gif
and much more ...
Take your time and enjoy it!
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or suggestions.
- Fixed a problem where the Opacity setting of the shape tool is not working.
Ratings and Reviews
Okay until . . .
you try to blend or use settings/brushes other than plain paint or draw. Then you lose the smooth texture and end up with a checkerboard texture. I bought this for my daughter, and she is unable to use it for anything she wants other peoplet to see.
Perhaps this could be considered a bug, and could be fixed with an upgrade? Had this been pointed out in the description, I would have continued looking and bought a different app.
The old Claris Works paint program was a real gem. I would love to see it revived.
Not what it used to be
Great app for editing photos but lousy for drawing.
It didn't use to be. I use to love this app because drawing was a lot of fun. But now its horrible. You used to be able to draw clean straight lines, rectangles, squares, and circles. But now it leaves double images. Also when you wanted to get rid of a certain color, you could splash it away with white using the paint bucket and it would get rid of it completley, but now it leaves an outline of the old color. I used to love this app and played with it a lot. But now I seldom use it because the quality is so bad. I don't know what they did to it, but I wish they had just left it alone. It was much better before.
Wonderful again too
I have to second gamefowl’s review almost exactly. I have been looking for something for the Mac pretty much just like MS Paint, forever it seems, without any luck until now. I have other graphics programs that I do other things on but MS Paint, simple as it is, is necessary for me to do certain things. So, if you have been or are looking for something very close to MS Paint for the Mac this, Paint X, is it. Now if I can just find something just like Irfanview for the Mac I will be very happy indeed.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.