The original paint filter
PaintMee is the world's most advanced automatic painting generator. Unlike any other software, paintings are actually PAINTED stroke by stroke, smoothly animated, starting with an empty canvas reaching incredible results.
PaintMee shares many powerful features with its forerunner, SketchMee, which was ALSO selected by Apple as a worldwide, major front page feature app on the Mac App Store. It's awesome, be sure to check it out if you haven't already.
PaintMee is the next generation in this new breed of art generating software making in-depth analysis of the source photos, then building the end results from scratch, not reusing any pixel data from the source.
The finished paintings are stored internally as complete 3D models made up of thousands of separate paint strokes, each an infinitely well defined 3D object.
The new approach enables many powerful features, to name a few you can for example:
• Zoom in to inspect the paint. Paintings appear perfectly sharp at any zoom level.
• Reapply the same settings any number of times, every time getting a new, different and unique painting.
• Change the light source position to change the appearance of the paintings.
• Create sharp, full size 16 megapixel paintings using tiny low resolution source images as input.
• Crop the resulting painting as much as you like. You can always save the remaining part as a sharp 16 megapixel JPEG.
EASY TO USE
• Open any photo. Or paste or drag it into PaintMee from iPhoto for example.
• Try the 10 example parameter presets by hitting Cmd-1, Cmd-2 etc.
• Explore the small set of powerful and well balanced parameters, using only simple multiple choice popup menus.
• Save any painting as a 16 megapixel high quality JPEG, regardless of input photo size.
The faster it runs, the more fun and productive it is to experiment with the settings. Therefore, no effort was spared in making PaintMee run at incredible speed, making full use of your hardware:
• Every processor core in your Mac is put to work. Even if you have many!
• The animation uses your graphics card, making it smooth even while the heavy number crunching takes place.
• Tons of optimization work to make the engine runnable on iPhones and iPads, makes it fly Macs.
• Careful design keeps the application responsive at all times. No waiting for the spinning ball cursor!
In fact, it's so fast we provide you the option to lower the painting speed for a more relaxed or even meditative watching experience. Use a slider to exactly control how fast you wish the painting to be completed, from as-fast-as-possible (seconds) up to 1 hour!
PaintMee Pro enables a range of *extremely* powerful output features, unleashing the full power of the PaintMee technology:
• Export razor sharp paintings at incredibly high resolutions, up to 128 megapixels (compared to 16 megapixels in basic version). Makes enormous printouts possible at unrivaled quality.
• Export paintings as layered Photoshop PSD documents. Have each layer of paint (up to 128!) isolated on a separate transparent background. Enables creative editing possibilities only limited by your imagination.
• Enables an additional mode of extremely high painting detail.
• Export the animations as movies. Capture the entire painting animations into full HD quality movies. Use durations from 1 second to 10 minutes. Incredibly cool!
PaintMee aims to explore the borderlands between art, technology and entertainment. Come join the expedition!
Fixed a bug that may cause disabled movie export.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs compatibility with more than Mac
I LOVE That this program works so well, but i need it on other platforms, like my phone and my windows computer as well. I'd pay however much necessary to do this.
Excellent fun for $8
I did spend about an hour going through various combinations of effects with the paint tool, it was fun and entertaining to do. However if you are looking for a professional painting effect that you can print on canvas, I would say you would be better off using plugins for photoshop. There are weird spurious colors tossed in strange places so no matter how much attention you pay to various settings you will can't get around them. But given it is so cheap, you could hardly complain about something that competes with $150 software.
Buy this if you don't have photoshop. It is a well made application.
It just keeps getting better and better
I have been using Studio Mee apps for a very long time. They just keep making my photos into art better and better. There are countless ways to get amazing results with this app. I really like being able to set my presets so I can use them over and over on different photos to create art. I take photos now knowing I will put them through PaintMee or Sketch Mee. Sometimes I will run the photo through a different app and then these knowing I'll be able to up the resolution and size with Paint Mee. I also shift some paintings into Sketche Mee or drawings back into Paint Mee. I can't believe Studio Mee can figure this stuff out but I love the results I'm getting and when I don't I just change the settings. I use the results to print my own greetng cards and put some of my art on canvas. I love this stuff! My drawings and paintings just get better and better.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Studio Mee
- 20 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires macOS 10.7 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Studio Mee
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.