Pali-English is Pali-English & English-Pali dictionary app.
- Search word in Pali or English
- Auto saving words to History
- Easily add words to Favorites list
- Share app to friends
- Feedback app
- Rate app
- Support both iPhone & iPad
- Support iOS 8.x & later
How to type special characters in Pali:
- Install Hinglish keyboard and use this keyboard to type special characters in Pali
Use English keyboard and typing as below:
- Group 1: ā, ū, ī, ñ. Ex: to type "ā", tap & hold on "a" on keyboard, a list of special characters will appear, let's tap on "ā" on that list.
- Group 2: ṭ, ḍ. Ex: to type "ṭ", type "t" & "." follwing "t".
Any suggestion please contact us using Feedback menu in app.
This update is signed with Apple’s latest signing certificate. No new features are included.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
so far so great
i admit it: i'm being one of those people who reviews an app before they've even used it for long, but has such a strong reaction to the app in question that they're eager to review it right away. yep: i'm that guy. 😁
i'm liking this app a lot. I'm finding it invaluable. i'm finally starting to study Pāli with Lily de Silva's Pāli Primer and this dictionary is an excellent complement to that. many thanks and kudos to the developers! producing this was a meritorious act indeed.
First off, in answer to 'bothersome's" complaint, simply install the Hinglish keyboard and you'll have almost all the diacritic marks you could ever need in pali.
Every diacritic mark needed except for the m subdot.
On to the app, you really can't beat it for convenience. At my desk there are always the ped and Dr. Cones' editions handy, but on the go, this app is truly a godsend
Hi I am thetkya from Myanmar.
I like this app. It is very helpful to me. I like to thank you. And I am looking forward to next updated version with perfect.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.