· Guided tours of 80+ mid-century landmarks in Palm Springs, California
· Tour by location, architect, or create your own custom tour
· Intimate profiles of 12 leading architects
· Video access to interiors and exteriors of premier properties
· New & historic images, including Julius Shulman photography
· Written and narrated by top architectural historians and experts
This application contains embedded high-quality video, photo, and audio content. Because of the large size, download time may vary based on your connection speed. You will need a WiFi connection to download the app to your device.
We recommend you download the app through iTunes on your computer, then sync to your mobile device to reduce download time. Depending on the model of the device, the “Checking for updates” install sequence may vary. The app will also require 1 Gb of free space on your mobile device. Without enough free space the app may not install.
- Audio/Video Compatibility with Bluetooth
- Better Driving Instructions
- Lightweight App, Resource are downloaded on demand
- Compatible with all iOS Devices for eg. iPhone X, XR, XS, XS Max, 8+, 8 and iPad
- Zoom In/Out feature with images
Ratings and Reviews
Doesn't work as advertised.
This app doesn't seem to load fully. My phone had 40Gb free but it had only partial descriptions when looking at the home descriptions. It would not pair properly with Bluetooth, so it didn't narrate through the car and caused problems with the GPS on the car. I had to switch between the audio being played on the phone and then stop it to use the GPS. I would have liked to hear the audio on the way to the house, but this didn't work as advertised. One of the house's audio description did play through the Bluetooth but I have no clue as to why that one worked and none of the others did before and after that one. Interesting app but very frustrating. Overpriced for all the technical problems that kept it from working as advertised.
It could have been so much better!
I bought this to take a self-guided tour of modernist homes in Palm Springs. The information, photos, and recorded narratives were great. Unfortunately, there are some serious shortcomings that made the app difficult to use for navigation. The driving directions, when used through the app, cause the GPS sound not to work, so it requires a person to navigate in addition to the driver.
I set up a Favorites Tour, which seemed like a great idea, but although the app asked for location tracking, it didn’t use that information to put the tour in a sequence that made sense for my current location.
As far as apps go, this one was expensive and I expected better performance.
Family sharing not functioning
Purchased this and looked forward to driving around and looking at architecture with my wife. However although family sharing is set up for our phones, we would have had to pay again for it to be downloaded to my wife’s phone. Therefore called Apple to get refund
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Desert Publications Inc
- 88.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2012 Desert Publications Inc.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.