The PanaCast® app enables you to experience and individually control an immersive, 200° Panoramic-HD video stream in real-time on your iOS device through a Wi-Fi or cellular data connection from an Altia Systems’ PanaCast panoramic video camera. Simple, intuitive and familiar touch screen controls allow you to pan across the video and zoom in and out. Use PanaCast to enhance your video collaboration and “Be there from anywhere™.” See the demo video: https://vimeo.com/109517226.
PanaCast cameras have been developed by and are available from Altia Systems. Visit getpanacast.com for more information.
FEATURES / BENEFITS
• 200º wide by 40º tall
• Panoramic-HD video quality
• Integrated audio Voice over IP
• Attend live PanaCast meetings from anywhere in our connected world
• Individually control what you view using simple and familiar touch screen controls: stretch/pinch to zoom in or out, and swipe to pan across the frame
HOW TO HOST A PANACAST MEETING
• Launch the PanaCast App and log in with either name/email or with LinkedIn login, then tap “Start a Meeting.”
• Select which camera to use by either scanning the QR code on top of the camera or typing it in, and then tap “Start Meeting.”
• Push the button on the top of the camera to authorize the camera to stream video.
• You will now see the real-time 200° panoramic live video from the camera.
• Tap on the Invite button to add another camera or invite remote participants to join the meeting via SMS or email.
HOW TO JOIN A PANACAST MEETING
• Click the invite link from the meeting organization (in a text message or email).
• The PanaCast App will automatically start audio and video.
• Stretch/pinch to zoom in or out, and swipe to pan across the frame. Double tap to zoom in and out.
• Single tap to toggle the on-screen controls on/off, for example mute, speaker off.
• For a live session, the host initiating the session needs to have a PanaCast camera.
• PanaCast requires Max=1.5Mbps and Ave=500Kbps.
• Good reception over either Wi-Fi or cellular network is required.
• Recommended: iPhone4S or newer, iPad2 or newer. The iPhone4 and 1st iPad can support a maximum resolution of 480p. iPhone3GS and older are not supported.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Video quality improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Implementing Panoramic Vision in a Simple and Effective Way!
There have been attempts to create panoramic vision in our online world but this one finally gets it right. Great app! Easy to install and start a meeting. Not only do I get a full panoramic field of view, but I get to pan & zoom too. It has taken too long for someone to think of this!
PanaCast is definitely worth checking out. It is incredible to see the panoramic video on my iphone! I am now using the camera for all of my work meetings.
I purchased a PanaCast camera during their Kickstarter launch last December. Super easy to set up meetings with the app and I am really enjoying the panoramic video.
The developer, Altia Systems, Inc., has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Altia Systems Inc.
- 26.7 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 6.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2012 Altia Systems, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.