Automatic panorama stitching application for Mac. Perfect for making high resolution images for large prints.
State of the art algorithm:
- Automatic alignment of source photos.
- Support for both spherical (rotated camera) and planar (scanner, microscope, maps etc.) stitching.
- Handling of moving objects. Inconsistencies between images in intersections are minimized.
- Automatic exposure levelling and lens shading correction.
- Rectilinear and equirectangular projections for rendering.
- Automatic cropping algorithm.
- Accurate color handling. Output image is in the same color space as source images.
- EXIF tags from source files are merged to output.
- Photosphere tags support. Equirectangular panoramas are navigable on Facebook, Street View or any Photosphere-compatible viewer.
Simple and clean user interface:
- Just drag and drop images to start stitching. All editing controls are at hand.
- Straighten and rotate panorama as needed with projection editor. Hardware accelerated preview allows to see all changes in real time.
- Manual exposure correction and crop controls.
- Import in all image formats supported by Mac OS X, including all formats supported by Apple RAW.
- Export in JPG, TIFF and PNG formats.
- Support for very large source photos. This feature enables stitching high resolution scans.
- Panorama preview in crop editor is now zoomable. Note that the preview still has lower resolution than the exported panorama.
- Preference for disabling exposure alignment added. Warning: disabling exposure alignment may reduce panorama visual uniformity.
- Export in TIFF format uses transparency outside of a panorama instead of opaque background color.
- Stitching performance on large (>30 images) source sets improved.
- Support for Dark Mode. Dark Mode in Panorama Stitcher can be enabled independently from system settings via menu View/Dark Mode.
- Cursor hints in crop and projection editor added.
- Several reported crashes on macOS 10.14 are fixed.
- Improved translations.
- Minimum required macOS version raised to 10.12.
Ratings and Reviews
Works great with DJI Mavic
The DJI Mavic includes a flight mode to automatic capture a variety of panorama shots. The drone maneuvers itself amazingly well to capture the shots, but using the included software to process the images is cumbersome in my workflow. Tried Panorama Stitcher, no going back. Works really well so far. Well worth $15.
The only additional feature I’d suggest is exported stitched images should inherit the file creation date of the original images.
Developer Response ,
Hi, EXIF creation date and other tags are copied from source images to panorama. Please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or suggestions. Thank you!
Works very well
I screwed up. I wrote a nasty review giving Panorama Stitcher one star because I couldn’t figure out how to get it to perform an operation that I needed done, an operation that I considered essential. After I wrote my negative review, Panorama Stitcher support suggested that I send them an email. I did, explaining my problem at some length. They responded with a very gentle explanation of how to accomplish my goal. It was one of those “DOH!” moments for me. I suppose that I could hide behind the excuse that the solution should have been intuitively obvious to the most casual observer, but the fact is that the feature in question was very reasonably presented — the real problem was that I was too impatient to go through the documentation. In any case, now everything works perfectly, and I’ve got egg all over my face for unfairly criticizing them.
Panorama Stitcher is a fabulous app.
Panorama Stitcher is a fabulous app. I recommend it to everyone I see taking photos. Five stars is not enough. Quick, simple, effective and works flawlessly.
Living in the Rockies with deep valleys and high ridges, many of my former photographs couldn’t include the sky or only captured 60 rather than 180 degrees of a scene. Even without me using a tripod, Panorama Stitcher has made this keen but amateur photographer very excited about taking pictures.
The only downside; I ‘think' I now want to go back through twenty years of old photographs to see how many could be greatly improved by stitching them together. A daunting task!
- Olga Kacher
- 854.6 KB
macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Russian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright 2010-2019, Alexander Boltnev, Olga Kacher
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.