PanTiltZoom allows you incredible control of your PTZOptics™ cameras using the VISCA Over IP protocol. With the multitouch interface you can pan, tilt and zoom with variable speed for a smooth camera control experience. With PanTiltZoom you can control up to eight cameras simultaneously and store up to 13 preset positions for each camera. PanTiltZoom automatically creates smooth transitions between your saved preset positions, making your production look much more professional even with a single camera.
New feature! Now you can lock manual controls to horizontal making it easier to follow someone left and right without accidentally moving up or down.
This update also includes a few bug fixes:
- Enabling manual focus for an individual camera is now persistent when leaving the app or switching to another camera and coming back. (Thank you Rick M!)
- Minor bug fix related to the settings when launching the app for the first time
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Very simple to set camera presets and use. Have trained a handful of volunteers and everyone of them are so relieved once they use the app once and see how easy it is. Really want to give it 4 1/2 starts, but can’t give that 1/2 star. The only thing I’d like is if the current preset was in a different color or shaded. Some people get flustered when they can’t remember what the current preset selected is.
Developer Response ,
Great feedback, thank you!
This app does everything we need it to do in effectively controlling our cameras over IP.
A couple of ideas for upgrading the software:
- make the current selected preset button highlight when its being used. When you’re switching between multiple cameras sometimes you lose track of which preset you were on.
- a button to put the cameras in standby mode. We’re currently having to use VISCA over IP to put them in standby mode, but if there was a way to implement this into the app that would be awesome.
- slow pan and slow zoom commands. It would be cool if there was a pan right/left button that you could hit that would make the camera automatically move slowly in a direction like a tracking shot. The same function with a slow zoom in or out would be great too. Trying to do those tracking sort of shots by hand can look clunky.
Great app for my church's 2 PTZOptics cameras
My church uses 2 PTZOptics 12X-SDI-Gen2 cameras and this app is a quality alternative to the more expensive options on the market to control these cameras. The app integrates well with our live streaming workflow and allows our camera volunteer to have smooth, steady control of each shot from 2 camera positions. The app developer regularly provides enhancements that have improved our videos and streaming quality, such as configurable PTZ speed controls. As a 16-year church volunteer, I highly recommend this one!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.