PanTiltZoom allows you incredible control of your PTZOptics™ cameras using the VISCA Over IP protocol. With the multitouch interface you can pan, tilt and zoom with variable speed for a smooth camera control experience. With PanTiltZoom you can control up to eight cameras simultaneously and store up to 13 preset positions for each camera. PanTiltZoom automatically creates smooth transitions between your saved preset positions, making your production look much more professional even with a single camera.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
New feature! Now you can lock manual controls to horizontal making it easier to follow someone left and right without accidentally moving up or down.
This update also includes a few bug fixes:
- Enabling manual focus for an individual camera is now persistent when leaving the app or switching to another camera and coming back. (Thank you Rick M!)
- Minor bug fix related to the settings when launching the app for the first time
Ratings and Reviews
Works perfectly (almost)
This app works as expected, for what it does it does it great. The only thing I wish could be added is the ability to see which of the 13 scenes was last selected for each of the 8 cameras - that would be incredibly helpful. We already have colored highlighting for each camera (gray for unselected, green for available/selected, and red for unavailable/offline), so why not add some colors for the scenes? Maybe a dark blue so it’s not too dominating visually.
I guess also helpful would be larger directional buttons for the joystick. The 8 directional buttons are pretty thin and I’m often looking at my camera, not the iPad, as I press the buttons. My finger will drift off the thin bars and suddenly I’m no longer moving the camera.
Very simple to set camera presets and use. Have trained a handful of volunteers and everyone of them are so relieved once they use the app once and see how easy it is. Really want to give it 4 1/2 starts, but can’t give that 1/2 star. The only thing I’d like is if the current preset was in a different color or shaded. Some people get flustered when they can’t remember what the current preset selected is.
Developer Response ,
Great feedback, thank you!
This app does everything we need it to do in effectively controlling our cameras over IP.
A couple of ideas for upgrading the software:
- make the current selected preset button highlight when its being used. When you’re switching between multiple cameras sometimes you lose track of which preset you were on.
- a button to put the cameras in standby mode. We’re currently having to use VISCA over IP to put them in standby mode, but if there was a way to implement this into the app that would be awesome.
- slow pan and slow zoom commands. It would be cool if there was a pan right/left button that you could hit that would make the camera automatically move slowly in a direction like a tracking shot. The same function with a slow zoom in or out would be great too. Trying to do those tracking sort of shots by hand can look clunky.
The developer, Worldwide Missionary Outreach, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Justin Brown
- 26.1 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Justin Brown
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.