Pantograph gives you insights into your travels—and the whole transit system—like no app before it. Every active bus, train, ferry, and streetcar from supported agencies is visible on one map, empowering you with information only before seen by dispatchers. Plus, when you know your stop, see realtime departure estimates for every route arriving.
Pantograph is named after the part of an electric train that connects it to the overhead electrical wire—just likes it connects you vital information about the transit network.
• Identify at a glance areas where vehicles across all routes are getting delayed.
• View statistics for all vehicles on the map, including how many are on-time, running later than usual, currently serving each route, and more.
• View current vehicle passenger load and capacity (supported agencies only).
• See route and stop schedules with realtime updates based on current conditions, and save favorite stops for later.
• Customize what data is displayed on vehicle icons.
• See an up-to-the-minute report on how many trips are being missed each day.
• Add widgets showing the status of a selection of routes.
• Learn exactly which bus, train, or ferry is serving each trip, as well as its model information—helping you get a more enjoyable ride.
• View the full set of trips each vehicle will be serving today, as well as each trip's full stop schedule.
• Browse the daily timetables for each route, plus use an advanced Block Timeline to see vehicle schedules.
• Explore the full assignment history for every route and vehicle, helping you learn what routes get certain kinds of buses, track down the bus you left your headphones on, follow new additions to the fleet, and more.
With a Pantograph Pro subscription, you can also:
• Take advantage of a powerful filtering system, allowing you to show vehicles only on certain routes, from certain agencies, and more.
• See how "normal" a specific bus's current schedule delay is, gaining further insight on current system performance.
• Customize the app, such as changing the app icon to a variety of different color schemes, or controlling which buttons appear in the action bar.
Currently available in:
• Greater Puget Sound (10 agencies: King County Metro, Sound Transit, Community Transit, Pierce Transit, Intercity Transit, Everett Transit, Seattle Streetcar, Whatcom Transportation Authority, Skagit, Washington State Ferries)
• Eastern Washington (Spokane, Pullman)
• Vancouver, BC (TransLink)
• Montréal, QC (STM, exo)
• Portland, McMinnville, Eugene, and Corvallis, OR (TriMet, Yamhill County Transit, Lane Transit District, Corvallis Transit System, Benton Area Transit)
• Los Angeles and Southern California (26 agencies: LA Metro, Foothill Transit, Orange County, San Diego MTS, Torrance, more)
• The San Francisco Bay Area (24 agencies: SF Muni, AC Transit, SamTrans, VTA, Caltrain, Golden Gate Transit, Tri Delta Transit, Wheels, Sonoma Marin Area Rail Transit, more)
• Central CA (FAX, Merced, GET Bus, StanRTA, more)
• Washington, DC and Baltimore, MD (8 agencies: WMATA, MTA Maryland, Arlington, Fairfax Connector, Virginia Railway Express, DASH, more)
• Boston, MA (MBTA)
• Providence, RI (RIPTA)
• Philadelphia, PA (SEPTA)
• Minneapolis, MN (9 agencies: Metro Transit, Met Council, Maple Grove, MVTA, more)
• Denver and Boulder, CO (RTD, Via, Bustang)
• Islands of O'ahu, Maui, and Kaua'i; Hawai'i
• ...with more on the way!
If you choose to purchase a Pantograph Pro subscription, payment will be charged to your Apple ID account at the confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage and cancel your subscriptions by going to your account settings on the App Store after purchase.
• Find departures at a stop from the new stop map
• Add Montréal and Central CA
• Missed trips now include early-morning and late-night trips
• Move social links to Mastodon
Thanks for using Pantograph! Been focused on backend stuff lately, but I've got some fun features in the works!
Ratings and Reviews
Best transit agency system info app!
It’s a birds eye view of all the in-service buses and trains of many transit agencies with customizable icons that display the info you select, all tracked in real time. Search features, block schedules, stop time points. No other transit app comes close to offering the wealth of information made available here.
Great app, but a couple of annoying bugs.
This app is absolutely fantastic and perfect for my needs as a transit enthusiast. It is consumer friendly, has a great UI, while also feeding me all the technical details such as block IDs and vehicle types. I noticed the app is really resource-intensive, which is understandable for an app that required graphics of this level. The only thing holding me from a 5-star review is a couple of bugs that I would REALLY like to be fixed. I recently got Pro and have been experiencing issues with Filters. Most times when I launch the app, there is a filter set for a set of lines, even though the setting to clear filters when app is quit is turned on. Thank you Panto team!
Much Better than Trip Planner and Maps But Still Not Perfect
This app is a great way to track your bus if you are a frequent bus rider because you can see exactly how early or late the bus is running. You can even toggle a color setting where blue is early, green is on time and red is late. Unfortunately you still cannot track Community Shuttles and DART vans.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Round Trip Productions, LLC
- 23.4 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 - 2023 Round Trip Productions, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Pantograph Pro (Monthly) $0.99
- Pantograph Pro (Yearly) $9.99