Panzer Corps has been hailed as the “the spiritual successor to the Panzer General series”. This award-winning turn-based strategy has been called by the press “…nothing short of brilliant” with high rankings and praises around the world. Brought to fruition by a team of experts and a community of hundreds of fan, Panzer Corps Wehrmacht has evolved into the ultimate strategy classic that will find a home on any wargamer’s shelf!
What the Press is saying:
* Pocket Tactics 5/5 "Panzer Corps for the iPad is damn near perfect"
* Pocket Gamer 80% "the most challenging and engrossing strategy experiences available on the iPad"
* Digitally Downloaded 90% "Panzer Corps is the perfect way to round out the year for armchair generals with iPads"
* Gamespot 80% - "Panzer Corps is a great turn-based strategic wargame that captures Panzer General's deep and involving classic gameplay."
* CPUGamer 90% - "Panzer Corps beats the pants off the competition."
* PC Games 85 - "Gameplay is just great and offers great tactical and strategical variety."
Set in World War II, Panzer Corps Wehrmacht puts players in the general’s tent in charge of the Axis armies, across 26 scenarios in one large campaign tree, carrying core forces through the war. This core force can gain experience and upgrade to new weaponry as it becomes available. With over 800 unit types, divided into 19 unit classes there is a huge amount to explore. Make use of your units strengths and your enemies weaknesses and seize victory.
Panzer Corps Wehrmacht replicates a classic wargame and upgrades it to 21st century standards for a new generation of wargamers, now also on your iPad!
Developed by Flashback Games Studio & The Lordz Games Studio and published by Slitherine, Panzer Corps is the ultimate wargaming experience.
At release will be also available all the 10 Grand Campaigns, Afrika Korps and Allied Corps as In-App Purchases!
The game is absolutely huge:
- 800 unit types, divided into 19 unit classes with 20 detailed parameters to identify units abilities, 17 terrain types affecting gameplay in various way.
- Base game includes a campaign with 26 scenarios combined into a large campaign tree with several entry points at various stages of the war. Depending on the outcome of each battle (decisive victory, marginal victory or defeat), the player will be faced with different challenges and progress along different parts of the campaign tree;
- Nations: all major and many minor nations are represented: Germany, Italy, Poland, France, Great Britain, USA, USSR, Norway, Belgium, Netherlands, Albania, Romania, Greece and more.
- Core units that travel with you throughout the campaign gaining experience and that can be upgraded as new weapon technologies become available. Units gain awards and heroes as they distinguish themselves.
- Hundreds of additional scenarios and expansions available as In App Purchases so the fun never ends! Includes the 10 Grand Campaign's, Grand Campaign Mega Pack, Allied Corps and Afrika Korps expansions!
- Cross platform asynchronous multiplayer using our PBEM++ server. The system even allows you to switch between PC and iPad so you can continue your games on different devices.
Visit www.panzer-corps.com for more information
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
- Special abilities shown in Purchase, Unit Details and New Equipment Available screens.
- Switch type is shown in a popup when "switch" special ability is clicked.
- Extended predictions when planning unit movement.
- Soft Cap tooltip added to old prestige tooltip.
- Added new Gold package to the Shop. Classic package can still be redeemed but can no longer be purchased
Ratings and Reviews
Is my go-to WWII turned based strategy game
Update: Is it time for a rewrite, or something, to speed the game up on the newer devices like the iPad Pros. The game is getting tedious, waiting on it.
After playing close to a dozen other WWII games, Panzer Corps has become my go-to WWII strategy game. The closest I think maybe Open General.
Review titled, "Just gets worse...", they are incorrect about no easy way to contact the developer. Just use the developer web site link provided by the Apple App Store and go to the bottom of the page. Click on the Contact Us link. That said, they are not always fast in responding on the rare occasion that I needed support.
No Panzer General
At first I thought this was a great reboot of the old P.G. game. But once you start playing the German side you realize that the fix is in. No matter how good you do in the scenarios you cannot beat Russia. In the battle for Moscow, you can take the city but the following scenario you have to retreat back, never to follow up and retake the city. In the old Panzer General and all the proceeding P.G. updated games you can. You can take Moscow as early as 41 if you choose to or as late as 43. But this Panzer Corps no matter how successful you are, you find yourself retreating back to Berlin. At least with the old P.G. game you can alter history. Also, if you are following the scenario base from 39 and up you can’t transfer over to 42\43 West with your whole Army. After you finish 41 you are stuck fighting in the Eastern Front, in a un-winnable war. Save your money and don’t waste it on this poor replacement to the once great Panzer General. Hopefully P.C. 2 will be better, but I doubt it
mini 4, iOS 10.x
Thanks for the continued support, devs. I have learned of Slitherine's decision to shift its focus away from iOS at some point in the near future. I just hope that you maintain the existing apps, especially Panzer Corps, after making the change. And please release a Steam version of Panzer Corps that works with Macs. It's long overdue. ***EDIT: Thanks for the continued support and for releasing the new "lite" version. Now more people can sample the goods before buying.
The developer, Slitherine, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Slitherine Software UK Ltd.
- 1.5 GB
- Requires iPadOS 7.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2013 Slitherine Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Panzer Corps - Soviet Corps $14.99
- Panzer Corps - Give Me Everything! $59.99
- Panzer Corps - Sea Lion $9.99
- Allied Corps Expansion $14.99
- Afrika Korps Expansion $14.99
- Panzer Corps - US Corps '42 $4.99
- Panzer Corps - US Corps '44 - '45 $4.99
- Panzer Corps - US Corps '43 $4.99
- Panzer Corps - Gold! $59.99
- Grand Campaign '39 Expansion $4.99