Empty your recycling bin for good(!) and stop unsolicited postal mail with the PaperKarma junk mail app.
Simply take a picture to unsubscribe from bulky catalogs, credit card offers and unwanted paper mail delivered to your home address. Reduce clutter, save time and simplify your life!
Take a step toward protecting your privacy while also protecting the environment. Each year 85 billion pieces of unwanted mail overfill US mailboxes, with 44% of these direct mailings ending up in trash landfills (unopened!).
With PaperKarma, you hold the power to prevent direct marketing mail from being printed in your name in the first place:
• Simply open the app and snap a pic of the offending junk mail
• We apply some magic to automatically identify and recognize the mailer
• Simply confirm your choice and we work behind the scenes to unsubscribe you. Boom!
That’s it. It’s that easy.
PaperKarma has been featured on ABC, CBS, The New York Times, NBC's The Today Show, LifeHacker, TechCrunch, and more. We are honored that Apple iTunes featured PaperKarma as one of its "Best Apps 2012" alongside disruptive apps such as AirBnb and Uber.
In-app purchase subscription required to use the PaperKarma app beyond the free trial. All users are granted 4 free requests to unsubscribe from postal junk mail, and will be prompted to choose a subscription plan when submitting their fifth request. Subscription plan options include a recurring charge of $1.99 per month, $10.99 for a 6 month period, or $19.99 per year.
- Subscription options: monthly subscription of $1.99 per month, $10.99 for 6 months, or a yearly subscription of $19.99 per year.
- All subscriptions allow for sending unlimited opt-out requests to all entities in PaperKarma's extensive proprietary database of known direct marketers, for the duration of the subscription.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and the auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's iTunes & App Stores Account Settings
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to PaperKarma.
Bug fixes and stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
great mission, lacking app
i’ve been using PaperKarma for a few years, always recommending it to friends trying to reduce waste and stay more off the marketing grid.
i moved to a new address which came with tons of new junk mail. the new app won’t take my email and the reset password doesn’t work, so i can’t really speak for the new features or paid subscription.
thanks for all the help in the past but would love some help with my account so i can use again
It really works — 18 months to no junk mail
It took 18 months of diligent snapping for my mailbox to go from 300 avg/month pieces of junk (catalogues, offers etc) to under 10.
it takes a while I suspect because some of the companies process the Remove request in bulk at periodic points (rather than as they receive requests).
But i went on a 8 week trip (!) and my mailbox didn’t overflow: 18 months ago when I started with Paper Karma, it would overflow in under a week.
Overall a good app
Thankful a company like this exists. The app gives feedback on if they were able to notify the mailer or not. Understandable they can’t contact every possible sender in the world, but it sure seems like they successfully submitted a request for 75% of the mailers I’m tired of have to shred and recycle. Don’t mind paying them a small fee to eliminate wasted time opening and shredding junk mail that I would never read anyways.
Developer Response ,
Hi there - we have issued some bug fixes in a more recent update. Would love to see if your "disappeared" picture issue is resolved.
Also please do reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with issues - we monitor and fix them proactively, but we can not identify accounts and resolve individual issues via anonymous iTunes reviews.
- JET Internet LLC
- 63.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 PaperKarma
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Unsubscribes $1.99
- Unlimited Unsubscribes $19.99
- Unlimited Unsubscribes $10.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.