Empty your recycling bin for good(!) and stop unsolicited postal snail mail with the PaperKarma stop junk mail app.
Simply snap a picture to unsubscribe from bulky catalogs, credit card offers and unwanted paper mail delivered to your home address. Reduce clutter, save time and simplify your life!
Are you still receiving junk mail addressed to previous owners or tenants? No problem! PaperKarma allows you to add all the name /address combinations under which you receive phyiscal postal mail.
Take a step toward protecting your privacy while also helping the environment. Each year 77+ billion pieces of unwanted mail overfill US mailboxes, with 44% of these direct mailings ending up in trash landfills (unopened!). The USPS drives over 1.4 billion miles (56,220 laps around Earth) to deliver these ads.
With PaperKarma, you hold the power to reduce your carbon footprint and prevent direct marketing mail from being printed in your name in the first place:
• Simply open the app and snap a pic of the offending junk mail
• We apply some magic to automatically identify and recognize the mailer
• Simply confirm your choice and we work behind the scenes to unsubscribe you. Boom!
That’s it. It’s that easy.
PaperKarma works on most junk mail including the leading national brands and direct mailers: All State, American Airlines AAdvantage, American Express (AmEx), AT&T /Uverse /DirecTV, Capital One, Discover Card, Farmers, Geico, Money Mailer, Retail Me Not, Restoration Hardware (RH), State Farm, United Mileage Plus, Valpak, Wayfair, Xfinity and 100,000+ more national and local mailers, charities, non-profits and organizations.
As the largest "Do Not Mail" registry and directory in the USA, PaperKarma can help stop 90+% of all physical junk mail you receive. We vet, verify and add 100+ new mailers suggested by our users every single day.
PaperKarma has been featured on ABC, CBS, The New York Times, NBC's The Today Show, LifeHacker, TechCrunch, and more. We are honored that Apple iTunes featured PaperKarma as one of its "Best Apps 2012" alongside disruptive apps such as AirBnb, TaskRabbit and Uber. More recenlty PaperKarma was featured by both Apple and Google on EarthDay 2019.
In-app purchase subscription required to use the PaperKarma app beyond the free trial. All users are granted 4 free requests to unsubscribe from postal junk mail, and will be prompted to choose a subscription plan when submitting their fifth request. Subscription plan options include a recurring monthly plan, a 6 month plan, or a yearly plan. We are now offering a LifeTime Plan also, which is a 1-time purchase for lifetime access to the PaperKarma app (unlimited unsubscribe requests)
- Subscription options: monthly subscription, 6 months subscription, or a yearly subscription
- LifeTime Plan which is a 1-time purchase for lifetime access to the PaperKarma app (unlimited unsubscribe requests)
- All subscriptions allow for sending unlimited opt-out requests to all entities in PaperKarma's extensive proprietary database of known direct marketers, for the duration of the subscription.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and the auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's iTunes & App Stores Account Settings
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to PaperKarma.
We've updated PaperKarma with several improvements! Here's what's new:
- Added support to stop junk mail from thousands(!) of new national and local mailers
- Updated app design to provide more transparency on the status of your opt-out requests.
- Added an option to search our mailer directory as the first step to submitting a request (or you can still simply snap a pic of the mail and we'll recognize it).
- You can now take pictures outside the app and bulk upload your images from your photo gallery, for a faster, more convenient request submission flow.
- bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
App works wonderfully!!
I hardly get any junk mail anymore. I been using this app and a few other tricks to get rid of junk mail. First, I started taking all the mail that comes with a return envelope and sending that mail back to the company. Write on the envelope, “take me off your list”. Include your home address to make it easier for the company to take you off their list. To get off of the Redplum ads, you have to go their website and use their unsubscribe page. To get off the ads that are apart of your newspaper company, you have to write to the newspaper. I don’t get the newspaper but I was getting their annoying ads. I have been ad free for three years maybe. I do all that and I use this ap. I get one or two pieces of junk mail a month. I started using this app a few years ago. It has changed my life. Now, mostly get bills in the mail. Some days, I get zero mail. I love it because I feel like I’m helping the environment. I’m saving paper or a tree. The more people use this app. the more we do good things for the environment. It’s exciting when someone sends me a card in the mail. It’s not all mixed up with a bunch of junk. Stuff won’t get lost. I really appreciate this app. I enjoy being paper free. I recommend this app to someone who can’t seem to get his mail situation under control. I hope he uses the app. Thank you PaperKarma for making apart of my life paper free. :)
Give it time, it works
This has become one of my favorite apps. At first it felt like a lot of work to set up and I wasn’t seeing immediate results. But then I just got in the habit of snapping a pic of every item of junk mail I get and tossing it in the recycling bin.
Patience paid off, because after a few months, I’m seeing my junk mail volume starting to go way down! There’s still a few companies that don’t seem to honor the request, so I‘ve called them for removal. However, I’ve only had to call a handful. This app is a huge time saver.
Waste of time and $$- now more junk mail!
I have bought tons of apps and this is the first review I have ever taken the time to write.
I was so excited about this app and was happy to pay for the opportunity to end (or even substantially lessen) all my paper junk mail! I’ve been paying for a monthly subscription for the last 5 months, and have taken the time to unsubscribe over and over to each of the vendors. Most of my unsubscribe requests say “successful” (except CB2 and Crate and Barrel are weirdly still pending) but I have seen very little abatement and still receive almost the same amount of those catalogues on a regular basis.
Even more frustrating, is now I’m constantly getting NEW catalogues from companies I’ve never heard of. I realize that all of these companies share and sell consumer address lists, but I’ve never seen so many additional new catalogs in such a short period of time. The torrent of new-name ones only started coming about a month after I subscribed to PK! Now I have to use PK even more! I’m wondering if unsubscribe requests from PK somehow alert companies to sell your info to other like companies?
I will definitely be “unsubscribing” from PK. Very very disappointing.
Developer Response ,
We'd be happy to try and help you out. Please DM us firstname.lastname@example.org.
It sounds like you've gotten on a nasty list. We can help, and do see we have submitted recent opt-out requests. These can take some time to be honored (up to 12 weeks).
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- JET Internet LLC
- 64.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 PaperKarma
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Unsubscribes $3.99
- Unlimited Unsubscribes $24.99
- Unlimited Unsubscribes $15.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.