Paperless Music is a powerful, easy to use music reader that manages all of your sheet music, guitar tabs, fake books, and scores. Enjoy the convenience of having your entire music library with you for any occasion.
Build and organize your library:
• Import PDF files from virtually anywhere, such as Files, iCloud, Safari, AirDrop, Mail, and document sources from other apps on your device like Dropbox.
• Import images from your photos and camera.
• Edit images with nondestructive cropping and adjustments for brightness, contrast, and saturation.
• Create collections for organizing groups of music. Collections can be used for just about anything, like grouping together music for a performance, or for making a virtual binder or book.
• Set the title, composer, genres, key, duration, track, web link, and notes for any music document.
• Set the title and tags for any collection.
• Filter and search to quickly find the music or collection you’re looking for.
• Search using Spotlight. Find and launch right into your music even when the app isn’t running.
Practice and perform:
• Turn pages by swiping left and right, by moving the slider at the bottom of the screen, or by jumping directly to a document within a collection.
• Turn pages directly within a document’s icon by swiping left and right.
• Optionally use a Bluetooth page turner, such as those from Coda Music Technologies, PageFlip, and AirTurn.
• Use the pencil and highlighter tools to write on your music.
• Add text with options for size, rotation, color, font, and justification.
• Drag and drop symbols to add fingerings, dynamics, accidentals, and more to your music.
• Add links to jump from one page to another, making it easy to follow repeats and jumps, with a configurable delay to help when your hands are busy.
• Use the low-latency metronome with options for sound, visuals, accent, and count off.
• View music in portrait or landscape mode. When in landscape, see two pages side-by-side or adjust the Landscape Zoom setting to view a single page at the desired size.
Share and archive:
• Share your music and collections with other Paperless Music users, with or without your annotations.
• Share music in native format to preserve all information, or share in PDF format for general sharing and printing.
• Archive your library to easily back up, restore, or transfer everything to another device.
• Experience the app in either light or dark mode. (Requires iPadOS 13 or later.)
• Adjust the text size in the Settings app to boost or shrink the size of text throughout the app.
• Learn more about the app by reading the help guide, accessible from the app’s home screen.
• Use split screen to view another app alongside.
• Aside from importing music and playing back tracks from remote sources, no network access is required throughout the app, allowing you to perform in any environment.
Paperless Music has no ads, no in-app purchases, and no subscriptions. No accounts are required.
• Dark mode. Experience the app in either light or dark mode. (Requires iPadOS 13 or later.)
• Text size. The user interface responds to your selected text size from the Settings app.
• Metronome count off. Before you start performing, you can have the metronome count off to help establish the tempo.
• Landscape zoom. When your device is in landscape mode, you can decide if you want to view two pages side-by-side or view a single page at a customizable zoom level. This can be especially useful for music that is landscape in nature.
• Tracks. Select an audio track from the Music app to associate it with a music document. Easily play back tracks from within the viewer.
• Collection view modes. Browsing your collections is more flexible with support for new view modes.
• PDF import. It’s even easier to import PDF files with the redesigned PDF import interface. Select the page range by quickly scrolling to any page, and see a larger view of each page.
• AirDrop multiple files. More than one file of the same type (like PDF) can be sent to Paperless Music all in one shot.
• Be sure to check out the newly updated help for more information about all these features. Help can be accessed from the app’s home screen.
• If you have any questions, please feel free to contact support from the app’s home screen.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Truly a musician’s friend
This app manages 100s of pages of sheet music effortlessly for me. It is easy to load music, whether from PDF files or from the iPad’s camera. I use the genre field to separate the music from the three bands I play in, and I use the key field to identify which of my Bb or C trumpets the piece is scored. These and other fields make it easy to filter, to build playlists, etc. as intended or as needed! Finger taps work fine to change the page, but I love having a Bluetooth 2-button pedal to move forward and backward through the pages within a song, and between pieces in a playlist. Editing music to incorporate the conductor’s comments or to highlight key changes or accidentals or whatever is quite easy on the fly with a pallet of common markings that can be dragged in place on the music, or using he on or highlighter tool with your finger (or iPad pencil), easily changing pen color or line width. It is easy to zoom in with “pinching” to ensure markups go right where needed, even when scribbling with a fat finger. The software creator has been very responsive to questions and to suggestions, and actively keeps updating the software.
Love this app!
I found this app useful and emailed some suggestions to the creator, who was very receptive. Now the app has become my go-to for organizing my large collection of scans and photos of tunes. The key field now includes modes beyond major and minor. I use the Genre field to specify jigs, reels, polkas, waltzes, etc. The ability to search for titles is great, and when I can’t remember the tune name, I can limit the search by Genre, key, etc. The ability to make text notes and musical notation on the music (in a variety of colors) is invaluable. I also love being able to have multiple pages for a title, which I use to have multiple transcriptions of different musicians versions of tunes.
Great for leading a band
Paperless Music has revolutionized the way I lead my church band. I’m a pro audiovisual tech (8years) and part-time music director (6 years) and pairing this app with a Bluetooth page turner (the Coda STOMP, which is top notch) has made my communication better, my preparation more effective, and my rehearsals shorter. All for $5 once, and with the added ability to easily export the library with annotations. Importing charts from Planning Center is quick and easy as well. I highly recommend it.
For reference, I’m using an iPad 7th gen, an OnStage iPad mount that attaches to a mic stand, Paperless Music, & the Coda STOMP hardwired to a VooDoo Lab ISO 5 power supply. The only bad news is that I have no excuse for messing up anymore...
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.