Organize your recipes. Create grocery lists. Plan your meals. Download recipes from your favorite websites. Seamlessly sync to all your devices.
• Recipes - Download recipes from your favorite websites, or add your own.
• Grocery Lists - Create smart grocery lists that automatically combine ingredients and sort them by aisle.
• Pantry - Use the pantry to keep track of which ingredients you have and when they expire.
• Meal Planner - Plan your meals using our daily, weekly, or monthly calendars.
• Menus - Save your favorite meal plans as reusable menus.
• Sync - Keep your recipes, grocery lists, and meal plans synced between all your devices.
• Adjust - Scale ingredients to your desired serving size, and convert between measurements.
• Cook - Keep the screen on while cooking, cross off ingredients, and highlight your current step.
• Search - Organize your recipes into categories and subcategories. Search by name, ingredient, and more.
• Timers - Cook times are automatically detected in your directions. Simply tap on one to start a timer.
• Import - Import from existing apps such as MacGourmet, YummySoup!, MasterCook & Living Cookbook.
• Export - Export your meal plans to Calendar and your grocery lists to Reminders.
• Share - Share recipes via AirDrop or email.
• Print - Print recipes, grocery lists, menus, and meal plans. Recipes support multiple print formats including index cards.
• Extensions - Save recipes directly in Safari and view today's scheduled meals.
• Bookmarklet - Download recipes from any browser straight into your Paprika Cloud Sync account.
• Offline Access - All of your data is stored locally. No internet connection is required to view your recipes.
What's New in 3.0
• Add multiple, full-sized photos to each recipe. Embed photos in your directions.
• Insert links to other recipes or websites in your ingredients or directions.
• Format recipes using bold and italics.
• Convert ingredient measurements between standard and metric.
• Search for recipes across multiple categories.
• Add custom aisles to your grocery list and re-arrange them in your preferred order.
• Create multiple grocery lists.
• Add custom ingredients to the pantry. Track quantities, purchase dates, and expiration dates.
• Move items back and forth between the pantry and grocery list.
• Add custom meal types to the meal planner.
• Create reusable menus that span multiple days.
Paprika is available on multiple platforms so you can access it on all of your devices. Please note that each version is sold separately.
Fixed an issue with search results when searching for recipes that belong to multiple categories.
Fixed a few crashes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best recipe app…hands down
I’ve been using this app for a couple of years now. There’s some up front work to get your recipes into the app, but once that’s done….man does this app pay dividends. I’ve always found the downloader very accurate in ripping recipes from the internet. Maybe some minimal editing required but in general this thing is spot on. Food network receipe? No problem. Pioneer woman’s crazy long detailed recipes? Easy peasy. And many other internet recipe sites. Take those old family recipes and stick them in here and never lose them….get rid of the clutter, mix mash recipes on scraps of paper. Print the recipe when you need it - or view it on your iPad if you want (paper is better in my opinion). Grocery list - eh - don’t use it that much but very nice to have. I would also recommend setting up your categories so you can quickly find things when you start getting a lot of receipes in here. Sometimes they can be a little hard to find by name (if you’re like me and can’t remember what the heck you called something). It also helps in planning a meal. If you’re looking for something that goes with a pork or beef dish - you can get a list of options to pick from. It’s extra work up front…but you only do it once. Anyways - I put this up there with the must have productivity apps.
Excellent Recipe & Meal Management App
My wife and I have used Paprika daily for years -- maybe 5 or 6? I recall being skeptical about the price when we first bought it. I'm here to tell you, however, that it is worth every penny that you spend on it. Knowing what I know now, I would happily pay $100 for the app.
We have the MacOS and iOS apps. I'll say that the biggest change it enabled for us was to quickly do weekly meal planning and to reduce our trips to the grocery store to once per week. We have saved thousands of dollars in our grocery budget by sticking to the list of groceries that it generates from our meal plan. We schedule regular sessions to sit and enter new recipes, to make sure that we keep it fresh. The feature of it syncing in real time means that one of can add forgotten grocery items to the list while the other is at the store and they automagically appear. My only complaint previously was that it didn't remember which aisle I put groceries into. That issues has been addressed with this version.
If you are in need of an app that tracks recipes for you and enables you to consolidate, streamline, and improve your grocery shopping and life, look no further than Paprika. It's that good.
Great app, bad price
I have been using this app for a few weeks and have become slightly obsessed with it. I originally purchase the iPad app, which in my opinion is where this app really shines, and the iPad is right at home in the kitchen. This has been a wonderful way to digitize and organize family recipes that are older than I am, and I am working on adding more and more.
I do, however, have two issues with this app. First and foremost is the price. As mentioned, I started with the iPad app, which is very reasonably priced. I figured, since I am spending time copying recipes, I may as well get it on the computer for ease of typing, so I decided it was worth pony-ing up the $30 for this app. Not to say it's not worth it; it probably would be. But after paying only $5 for the iPad app, $30 for this one seemed a little steep. Also, it has seemed disappointing, for that price. The graphic interface isn't near as polished as the iPad app, and it actually is missing a very minor, but key, feature from the iPad app: I can't input fractions into the recipe. For example: 1/2 vs ½. Totally minor, but bothers the crap out of me...
All that said, I'm still very happy with the end result; this app makes cooking, organizing, planning, and shopping all so much easier!
- Hindsight Labs LLC
- 14.8 MB
macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Hindsight Labs LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.