Parallels Desktop® App Store Edition is a fast, easy and powerful application for running Windows both on a Mac with the Apple M1 chip and a Mac with an Intel processor - all without rebooting.
NOTE: It is not recommended that existing Parallels Desktop for Mac users move to Parallels Desktop App Store Edition.
Parallels Desktop Installation Assistant helps you to get up and running in a few minutes. Powerful performance lets you run many Windows apps on your Mac, including games and CAD programs.
- Download and install Windows in two clicks.
- Share Mac folders with Windows—including Desktop, Documents, and Downloads.
- NEW: Drag and drop text or graphics between macOS and Windows apps.
- NEW: Enhanced desktop, video, and gaming experience with a higher refresh rate.
- NEW: Use the Trusted Platform Module 2.0 device in Windows.
- 3D graphics acceleration up to DirectX® 11.1.
- Copy/paste formatted text and files between macOS, Windows, and Linux.
- Drag and drop files and images between macOS, Windows, and Linux.
- Resize the window to get the desired Windows or Linux resolution.
- Use Mac printers in Windows and Linux.
- Connect USB devices to Windows and Linux.
- And many more...
- Creating and editing virtual machine configurations is available for free.
- Running virtual machines requires an in-app purchase of an auto-renewable subscription (1 year). You can cancel at any time.
- There is a fully functional 14-day trial to test Parallels Desktop before the subscription starts.
SUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEMS
- On a Mac with an Intel processor, you can run most Windows, Linux, and macOS versions.
- On a Mac with the Apple M1 chip, you can run Windows 10 (and Windows 11) on ARM Insider Preview, Ubuntu Linux, Fedora Linux, Debian GNU/Linux, and Kali Linux (all ARM-based versions).
NOTE: See the full list of supported operating systems and system requirements at https://kb.parallels.com/123800
We want you to be completely satisfied with Parallels Desktop. If you have any feedback, problems, or concerns, please contact us at https://www.parallels.com/products/pdas/support/
Parallels Desktop for Mac 1.7.1 App Store Edition improves compatibility with Windows 11, addresses overall stability and security issues, and includes the following fixes and improvements:
• Resolves an issue with adding a virtual TPM chip to Windows 10 or Windows 11 virtual machines.
• For new Windows 11 virtual machines, a virtual TPM chip is added automatically.
• For new Windows 10 virtual machines created on Mac computers with the Apple M1 chip, a virtual TPM chip is added automatically.
• Resolves graphics issues with various Windows games including, but not limited to: World of Warcraft, Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition, Tomb Raider III, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord, World of Tanks, and Raft.
• Delivers support for VirGL in Virtio GPU which enables Linux 3D acceleration out of the box in supported Linux distributions, brings visual performance improvements, and allows using the Wayland protocol in Linux virtual machines.
Ratings and Reviews
Coming from VM or Wine its amazingq
I just need to run a couple software programs that are windows only and have been stuck between a virtual box or cloud services. Both seem to have enough lag to put me off of using them on a regular basis. Running windows on this is very smooth. I had a remote connection to my work computer, parallel running windows and downloading/installing software, and my chrome up in macOS all with little to no lag. Compared to the other options I have tried this one is the first that feels like an 'apple' solution. Clean, great UI, and just runs smoothly. thank you. I plan on purchasing after my trial.
Installed Windows 10 as well as Ubuntu, Fedora, and Arch Linux.
Havent tried windows 10 gaming yet.
This version(so far just the trial) only allows:
- 8GB of system memory access of the 32GB present.
- 2GB of video RAM access of the 8GB availble.
VMs run smoothly even when located on USB 3.0 HDD.
Be nice if the had a month to month option as I only need this for about a month for school project. Plethra of options and abilities to explore and easy, very easy to use. Much easier than other VM mangers I have used. Fitting of MAC software in that it is easy to use, intuitive interfaces, and bridges the gaps with such feaures as allow access to you MAC documents so you dont ahve to have multipe copies of hte same files across your MacOS and the Windows 10 VM.
Performance Okay for Graphical Applications/Games
First, a note to all. The APP STORE VERSION is NOT the same as Parallels Desktop 16!!!! If you need more advanced features, definitely go with Parallels Desktop 16 off of their website. This version is simplified for general use.
1. Windows VMs are snappy. Games running DX10 work well, especially older source games.
2. Games running DX10/DX11 are... hit and miss to say the least. I have yet to encounter a game where I haven't had choppiness in DX10/DX11 games.
3. With the above said, Bootcamp is still going to be the way to go if you want native performance. I have yet to have success in Parallels Desktop -App Store Version or VMware Fusion 12 for modern games. Older games work fine though.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Parallels International GmbH
- 301.4 MB
- Requires macOS 10.14.6 or later.
English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Parallels International GmbH. All rights reserved. Parallels, and the Parallels logo are trademarks of Parallels International GmbH. parallels.com/legal
- In-App Purchases
- Subscription (1 year) $79.99
- Parallels Desktop for Mac $79.99
- Subscription (1 year) $79.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.