Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy (PPMD), the leading organization in the fight to end Duchenne muscular dystrophy, provides a critical phone application that will put up-to-date research news, advocacy alerts, and most importantly, emergency care information at your fingertips. PPMD wants to be where you are, when you need us because we understand that in urgent situations, minutes matter.
This app will give you access to:
· Basic emergency care information in the event your child needs to be treated by a physician or care giver that is unfamiliar with Duchenne
· The latest research news, including information on upcoming clinical trials that your child may benefit from
· Advocacy Alerts, so that you can make sure your voice and your child’s voice is heard in Washington
· Care Considerations, your guide to receiving optimal care from your child’s physician, and recommendations on putting together the most effective team of health care professionals so that your child can be treated with a multidisciplinary approach
· Education tools, including Education Matters, which help you talk to your child’s teacher about Duchenne
· Connection to the incredibly supportive Duchenne community, via PPMD’s community site and our parent-led outreach initiative
· A calendar of PPMD events around the country, including our Annual Connect Conference, Advocacy Conference, Run For Our Sons marathon program, and grassroots fundraisers happening nationally
More than anything, we hope that this app will give you some piece of mind, so that when you need vital information about your child’s disorder, it is there for you with the push of a button.
For more information on Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy, Duchenne, or our app, please visit ParentProjectMD.org or call 800.714.5437.
This app has been updated with:
- Optimized Design with new Themes and Colors
- Bug Fixes for known issues
- Optimizations to boost performance
- App Supported on iOS 9.0+ devices (iOS 8.x and prior devices no longer supported)
Ratings and Reviews
This is a superb app for I-phone or I-pad, easy to navigate and easy to maximize for the latter. It includes up to date medical information, high quality audio lectures, and blogs on everything related to Duchenne muscular dystrophy. I am adding it to my list of ways to stay connected to the dystrophinopathy community and on top of the latest advances in care, treatment, and research.
Great App!! Great useful information.
Thanks for all you do..
- Mobile Roadie
- 69.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- COPYRIGHT © Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy 2017 401 Hackensack Avenue, 9th Floor, Hackensack, NJ 07601 EndDuchenne.org
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.