Lose Yourself Without Getting Lost.
This handy application presents you several self-guided city walks, featuring the best of the city. It comes with detailed walk route maps and powerful navigation features enabling you to see the best of the city. No need to hop on a tour bus or join a tour group; now you can explore all the city attractions on your own, at your own pace, and at a cost that is only a fraction of what you would normally pay for a guided tour.
Sightseeing walks included in this application are:
* Walk Through Montmartre (12 sights)
* Panthéon (5th Arr) Walk (12 sights)
* Hôtel-de-Ville Walk (10 sights)
* Religious Sights of Paris (7 sights)
* The Da Vinci Code Walk (6 sights)
* French Revolution Landmarks (7 sights)
* Élysée (8th Arr) Walk, 2 (7 sights)
* Bourse - Opera Attractions (8 sights)
* Louvre (1st Arr) Walk, 1 (15 sights)
* Luxembourg (6th Arr) Walk (11 sights)
* Louvre (1st Arr) Walk, 2 (10 sights)
* Élysée (8th Arr) Walk, 1 (6 sights)
* Palais-Bourbon Walk (9 sights)
* Le Marais Walk (10 sights)
* Opera-Élysées Souvenir Shop (11 sights)
* Champs-Élysées Nightlife (5 sights)
* City Center Nightlife (7 sights)
* Top Paris Museums (6 sights)
Discovery walks included in this application are:
* Champs-Elysées Shopping
* Les Halles Walking Tour
* Latin Quarter Walking Tour
* Parisian Mood Walking Tour
* 1st and 2nd Arr. Hidden Passages Walking Tour
* Canal Saint-Martin Walking Tour
* Montparnasse Walking Tour
* Belleville Walking Tour
* Antiques Hunting in Village Saint Paul
* Carré Rive Gauche Antiques Hunting
No Data Plan or Internet is Needed, and No Roaming either. All the data used in this app is built into the software, so you can follow the city walks or use the city map without internet access or cellular data plan. No need to pay the costly roaming charges when traveling to foreign cities. The app works with your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
The powerful navigation assistance includes:
* Walk routes clearly displayed on map.
* Precise walking directions from one sight to the next.
* `FindMe` displays your exact location and Auto Tracking displays your movement on the map (this feature is not supported by the iPod Touch and iPad wifi models).
* Built-in compass to show you the direction.
* Create your own walks to see the attractions you like.
* A detailed city map which can be used independently for your other traveling needs.
Please visit our website at www.GPSmyCity.com to find city walks for over 470 cities worldwide.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. This app gives you the option to turn off the GPS tracking in the background to prolong the battery life.
- Fixed a bug.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good app with major flaw
I would like to give this app more stars. It has a good map and a lot of information and features. I like that I can save addresses on the map. HOWEVER, I have had to download the high resolution map (available once you purchase the app as opposed to the free version) twice and it still does not show up on my iPad when I reopen the app to use it. Each time it tells me to download the high resolution map. The whole reason I got this was so I would have a quality map available to me when I didn't have access to wifi.
It's possible that if my trip had lasted a few more weeks I might have figured out how to get some minimal satisfaction out of this thing. The "lite" version was almost completely non-functional, anything I tried to do was instead met with an offer to upgrade to the full edition. So, after several frustrated attempts to find and follow help, or to simply intuit some reasonable path through this app, I gave up and upgraded. But even the Full version just doesn't help you when you 1)Know where you are, and where you plan to start and where you want to go OR 2)Need to be told where you are and what's nearby. All these pieces are there but are never brought together in any useful form. And it's not possible to work any of this out or "practice" using the app until you're at your destination; and then you just don't have time to play with an opaque user interface and sketchy functions.
This thing came close to ruining my trip, until I woke up and just stopped trying to use it.
Try something else. A paper map and the compass on your iPhone would be much more helpful.
App won't save custom work.......
I was very excited by the ease to use the app. Started planning my week in Paris. Added custom locations. Spent several hours planning a week of sight-seeing walks in Paris and now the app won't backup and save. It keeps locking up. Appears nothing I can do but delete and reload the app! My fear is I will lose all my work! Frustrating!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- GPSmyCity.com, Inc.
- 171.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2010 GPSmyCity.com, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.