*** cityscouter.com travel guides earned first place in connect magazine’s test of 12 travel guides, beating the likes of Marco Polo, Merian Scout and Beeloop! ***
There are many travel guides available for the iPhone/iPad, but here is what sets cityscouter.com guides apart from the rest:
• Designed to be used OFFLINE. All articles, events, transport and maps can be viewed without an internet connection.
• Augmented Reality - look through the camera on your device and see all the attractions around you!
• An up-to-date events guide: Update when you have an internet connection, and hundreds of upcoming events such as concerts, theatre, sporting events, festivals and more will be stored on your device. Updates occur regularly so your guide will never be behind.
• Fully zoomable, offline maps that shows your location and points of interest around you (your location is shown on the map). If a travel guide doesn’t have a map, it’s as good as useless.
• Professionally written content by locals who know the city well, and not just content taken from Wikipedia like so many other guides.
• Major transport lines and stations are stored in the guide. You can view the lines/stations on a map, or find the nearest station to you or any attractions with just a few taps.
• Hundreds of points of interest (all searchable) detailing attractions, museums, hotels, bars and cafes, nightlife and more with opening hours, pictures and prices.
• Add your own points of interest and plan your trip with the itinerary builder.
• Facebook integration so you can show your friends where you've been. Take photos, make an album and upload it.
• A tours section where you can book trips relevant to your stay.
• Live hotel booking that compares multiple hotel providers to ensure that you always get the best deal.
• Full iPad compatibility as well as iPhone and iPod Touch.
• English, Czech, German, Greek, Spanish, Finnish, French, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovakian, Swedish and Chinese languages are supported for the travel guide content (event section is mostly in English).
Read below for more information:
The cityscouter.com Paris travel guide is the perfect companion during your time in the city. It is designed to be used offline so you can avoid expensive roaming fees.
Our guides are professionally written and have a huge amount of information about everything this city has to offer. Using your device’s location services, you can also always see what points of interest are around you at any time.
The events guide includes hundreds of upcoming events, and is regularly updated. Just click the update button when you have an internet connection, and the events will be stored on your device for offline use.
Not only do we have information on hundreds of hotels, but you can check availability and even book online if you haven’t yet found accommodation (internet connection required). The travel guide scours the internet and compares multiple providers of hotels to ensure that you always get the best price.
The most important thing to figure out when you arrive in a new city is the transport system. That’s why we’ve included information on all major transport points and lines. These are all viewable on a map, and the "Nearby stations" feature makes it easy to determine where the closest transport is to your current location.
Other features include the built in currency converter (converts 45 of the world’s top currencies), a "Want to visit" list where you can mark the attractions you want to see, and a review/notes section.
cityscouter.com Travel Guides are available for over 80 cities world wide. Just search iTunes for "cityscouter" to see them all!
• New Augmented Reality Feature!
• Apple Watch support
• iOS 11 update
• Higher resolution and better quality maps
• Facebook integration so you can show your friends where you've been. Photo integration as well!
• A tours section where you can book trips relevant to your stay.
• Updatable user reviews.
• Easier to read layout and fonts
• Some minor bug fixes
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you experience any problems with this update. We always love to hear your feedback to make our apps better!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I USED to use Trip Advisor when I was in Paris but it almost useless now for navigation. Full of ads and almost nothing available offline. For less than $5 this amazing app not only gives directions and original descriptions of must see sites, it also gives points of interest nearby the place you are visiting. 👌🏽
Saved my life
This is by far one of the most essential apps for paris. I am in Paris for 2 weeks and downloaded this app to help me find places on my itinerary. The first night we were here we got hopelessly lost in the city and ended up spending over an hour trying to walk back to our hotel. When we finally got back I downloaded this app and it helped us out so much. I learned how to use their entire transit system thanks to this app. Plus I was able to find new and exciting places I didn't even list on my itinerary. The only downside is this app will crash A LOT. Mainly when you are using the map section which is typically the most important but overall you get a good feel for everything. I wish it would auto find the addresses that I put in for my POI`s and that it was more updated with all places. I figured for $4.00 I should be getting a lot more from this app but it still does wonders for first time travelers to paris. I will be downloading from them again for future travels. This app would have got 5 stars if it wasn't so buggy sometimes. Hopefully there will be an update soon.
Creates daily itineraries !
I usually create my own spreadsheet before I travel and use lots of sources. This is the sort of app I would design for that purpose. You go through a list of attractions and decide if you are interested. You can plan your trip day by day, grouping by proximity and voila, you have a customized itinerary. I also like having an offline map because I am a free wifi girl. I bought the cityscouter app for Washington DC and liked it so much I looked for other city versions.
Future improvements I would recommend are more in-depth descriptions, being able to see a map showing only the day's itinerary, and a customer "greatest hits" category for great restaurants and shopping recommendations to add to the overall lists. Paris is large and there is ample opportunity to discover local gems, especially near to where one is staying. Later sharing with others is a great way to download after a visit. This would be a spectacular way to tap into that knowledge base. But so far so good with what this app does offer!
- cityscouter GmbH
- 550.3 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © 2017 cityscouter GmbH
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.