THE BEST WAY TO PAY FOR PARKING AT LA METRO LOTS
Introducing the Metro Parking mobile app - with just a few taps, you are able to park, pay, and be on your way. Commuting with LA Metro has never been easier!
Benefits of Using Metro Parking:
Receive notifications when your parking session is about to expire
Extend your session through the app (24, 48, and 72 hour sessions available)
Receive email receipts at the end of your parking session
Manage your parking history through the app†
To Get Started:
Download the free Metro Parking app
Park where you see Metro Parking signs
Enter your TAP Card and License Plate information
Enter payment information and pay for your session
Where Can I Use Metro Parking?
The mobile app is currently available where Metro Parking signage is displayed at Park & Ride Lots at North Hollywood North, South, West, Candler, and Universal City North. Metro Parking will be expanding to more lots soon!
Metro Parking is the official mobile payment application from LA Metro and powered by Passport®.
Bug fixes and miscellaneous improvements, RVS enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
Takes less than a minute
No really! If only the rest of the city services did the same. The app is smart intuitive and less than a minute to use once you put on the info in. Except for the ridiculous parking ticket I got, and even fought, it's been more than a smooth ride.
Too Many Taps
Poor user interface. Way too many taps to achieve the same thing each and everyday. Very cumbersome! Only a little more convenient than stuffing dollars into those lousy machines.
As a side note: Metro buses and trains are often a mess. The Tap card readers frequently don’t work and too many unscrupulous individuals ride for free on my dime: bums, the mentally ill, gangsters and thoughtless, disrespectful students. They all, more often than not, ride for free, subsidized by me. They place their filthy feet on seating, they play their phones out loud, they smoke weed and drink booze, they take two and three seats each with their garbage and they often act in a generally obnoxious fashion, all with impunity. I have not seen a sheriff or metro officer checking for violators and violations in well over a year.
So thanks a bundle, metro. In typical government fashion you punish responsibility and reward bad actors.
Needs UX improvement
Overall a simple and functional app. My recommendations:
- should have two functions Pay and Settings
- settings: patrons can set up cars, payment methods, credit card, tap card etc etc. go fancy and have different payment profiles for diff methods
- settings: I fat finger a license plate, now I can’t even delete it. All these should be manageable.
- pay: should be a simple one screen with zone, car plate, pay profile as default. Each field is selectable to be modified. Current flow is inefficient that we have to tap through all the choices again ( 99.9% is the same info every day).
- nice to have: if I pay multi day, have an option to cancel for early exit. Use case scenario: I pay 3 days since I work every day. But something comes up I need to stay home within those 3 days, would be nice to cancel 3 day and just be charged with days used.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- LRW Investments LLC
- 69.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Passport. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.