Teaching kids how to learn!
Our program teaches children different learning strategies intuitively. Each of our 6 games focuses on a different learning strategy while teaching one of the three sight words lists (Fry,Dolch,M200).
We separate the list into 22 smaller levels starting from the higher frequency words and teaching in a similar order to most schools.
* ideal for early readers, beginning readers, pre-schools, first years of school, kindergarten kids, and readers having difficulty with reading and recalling these words. *
*** Try the first 3 levels for free (18 games). Then unlock the full version for the price of a cup of coffee to support us and your child! Alternatively directly purchase the EDU version. ***
* Select sight word list order from Magic 200 (M200W), Fry high frequency or Dolch high frequency lists
* 6 Fun, challenging and rewarding games that each emphasise a different skill in learning to read and that really work
* 22 levels with progress tracking
* early levels have only 6 words, progressing to 12 words per level
* all games build fluency and instant recognition
* guesses are not rewarded. Progress is determined by accuracy and in some games speed.
* motivating reward structure and immediate feedback build confidence through success
* the games provide lots of practice and repetition of the words
* each game emphasises a different reading strategy and develops essential reading and decoding skills that will apply to all reading situations
* word lists for each level for practise, pre-testing and post-testing
* over 300 words in the app - finish one word list, reset the games and do a different one for more revision.
* designed by a specialist reading teacher and tested on real children in real classrooms.
* male and female voices
* mixed fonts with different letter shapes
* completely add free, internet connection not required
* No in-App purchases - no more to pay
* support material, flash cards, tips and hints, freely available on our web site
Options allow progression through games and levels in logical order or all levels can be unlocked so younger children can play the easier games at each level. Music can be turned off, levels can be reset and words can be presented in upper or lower case.
Each of the 6 games encourages development of reading strategies and skills in a non-threatening manner. Children can apply these reading techniques to learning other complex and irregular words. Fun and interesting characters give children a reason to continue playing.
1 - Peter Puffs: Matching a word to the same word, (visual discrimination, one to one correspondence, visual tracking)
2 - Super Shelly: Finding a pair of words (both auditory memory and visual memory)
3 - Crabby Clara: Building a word from its component parts, ie the letters (one to one correspondence, attendance to word shapes, letter recognition, understanding that words are made up of letters)
4 - Edgar's Eggs: Seeing and hearing a word, remembering it and then identifying words that are not the same (visual memory, word recognition)
5 - Wally's Words: Seeing a word, remembering it and identifying it on the next screen (visual memory)
6 - Stella Stars: Hearing a word and identifying a word from a selection (reading and applying what has been remembered from previous games)
Through these games children improve important memory and learning techniques such as:
- Auditory memory
- Auditory discrimination
- Visual memory
- Visual discrimination
- Fine motor coordination
- Following directions
- Concentration span
- Left right progression
You can follow your child's progress through the levels as they become more and more confident as readers.
If you have any suggestions on improvement, please leave us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always glad to hear about your experience with our applications.
Updated the main menu.
Changed the required number of starts to proceed to the next level to 1.
Minor quality of life changes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The app is silent now. No setting changes correct this.
Developer Response ,
We have had some people with this issue in the past. Other times the reported issue was that had sound with an earpiece but not from the ipad itself.
In both cases it was due to notifications being muted or the button slider at the side of the ipad being set for mute and toggled.
Please check the sound settings on the ipad for notifications and make certain that slider isnt toggled. Contact us through email if this doesn't resolve your problem.
- Parrotfish Studios Pty Ltd
- 62.6 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Parrotfish Studios
- In-App Purchases
- Support Us - Full Version $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.