Partly Sunny shows your weather in quick glances and detailed looks.
Need to quickly see if it will rain at home or at work today? Or check the humidity or UV index over the next few hours? Or look at the hourly forecast this weekend? Partly Sunny has you covered.
Get an overview of what’s happening at your current location and your favorite locations.
Get more details about what’s happening throughout the hour, the day, and the week at your locations.
See how your selected conditions change over the next few days. Choose from temperature, precipitation, cloud cover, humidity, UV index, wind, and more. Tap the graph to change the plotted condition. Tap & hold the graph for a detailed look at each hour.
Get a quick glance at the week’s forecast. Tap any day for a detailed look at that day.
Ask Siri to check weather forecasts and current weather conditions (like precipitation, humidity, and UV index). (Requires iOS 12 or higher.)
See what’s happening currently and today at your selected location. Expand the widget to see what’s happening over the next few hours and days.
Toggle manually and with a handy gesture. Or toggle automatically based on screen brightness or sunrise & sunset times. If you’re on iOS 13, set Partly Sunny to match the system dark mode.
With a monthly or yearly subscription, join the Partly Sunny Club and unlock more:
Interactive Weather Map
Precipitation radar is available in the US, Canada, UK, Germany, Australia, and a few more regions in Europe. Severe weather warnings are available for the US. Advisories are available for the US and Canada. Cloud imagery is available worldwide.
Pull down in Today View to refresh the location’s forecast on demand.
Show yesterday’s weather in Week View for quick comparisons.
Check the weather for a specific day in the future (the usual weather) or the past (the actual weather).
Save five more locations in your locations list for a total of 15.
Custom App Icon & Theme
Customize the Partly Sunny icon on your Home screen and the theme color in the app. (Requires iOS 10.3 or higher.)
Whether or not you’re part of the Club, there’s still more:
• Forecasts powered by Dark Sky.
• Precipitation-intensity graph when it’s raining or snowing (US & UK locations).
• Choose to show actual or “feels like” temperatures throughout the app and quickly switch with a handy gesture.
• Customize the condition that displays with daily temperatures.
• Links to pollen forecasts and NOAA weather offices (US locations).
• Location renaming and fine-tuning.
Partly Sunny has been featured in Apple’s “New Apps We Love”, MacStories, AppAdvice, and Lifehacker.
Partly Sunny “introduces a robust, beautiful new way to view weather information. […] What’s immediately striking about Partly Sunny’s design is that it feels designed to belong in iOS. It’s an app that feels built by Apple if the company decided to make a massive iterative change to its own stock Weather app.” – Jake Underwood, MacStories
“If you are looking for minimalism in your weather app, then Partly Sunny will satisfy your cravings. […] Partly Sunny offers the information you need in a concise and flexible way.” – Christine Chan, AppAdvice
• Payment will be charged to your Apple ID account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription will automatically renew unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
• You can manage and cancel your subscriptions by going to your account settings on the App Store after purchase.
This update has a few more iOS 13 goodies plus some fixes!
NEW: If you’re on iOS or iPadOS 13, there are new context menus in Locations View and Week View. Tap and hold on a location or a day for a detailed preview of the forecast. (This is similar to the 3D Touch peek & pop previews in iOS 12 and lower, but they also work on iPad now too. If you have a 3D Touch device on iOS 12 or lower, you can still peek & pop.)
FIX: Some things (like the current location icon in Siri Shortcuts) weren’t set to the correct color when the app is set to follow the iOS 13 system dark mode appearance, but now they are.
FIX: On iPadOS 13, the widget no longer shows too many squished cells.
FIX: The current pressure indicator (the trend arrow looking three hours ahead) in Today View is back, and it will now appear in Siri Shortcuts too when the current pressure is shown.
NEW: iOS 13’s new inset grouped table view style is now used throughout settings and settings submenus as well as in the views to edit the locations list and locations.
As always, thank you for using Partly Sunny! If you have a question or suggestion or run into an issue, please email me at email@example.com!
Ratings and Reviews
New Favorite Weather App!
Partly Sunny is now my favorite weather app! The app design is sleek, easy to use and super intuitive. It features loads of customizable options that I can use depending on what my current needs are. Prior to this I was using another weather app almost exclusively, but after stumbling across Partly Sunny, I have changed my mind! One weekend while my family was visiting, we were supposed to do some outdoor sight seeing. The forecast on my previous weather app called for gloom and rain all weekend. Partly Sunny, however, gave a much more optimistic outlook. So we decided to take our chances and go with what PS forecasted. I’m very grateful we did because what PS predicted was far more accurate and we ended up being able to do everything outside that we wanted to do. Since then, I’ve never gone back to the old app. It seems that other apps show a more generalized “safe” prediction while PS isn’t afraid to report a more detailed and precise forecasts. Well worth the switch!
My favorite weather app
I’ve been using Partly Sunny since the beginning and it’s the first weather app that has combined a design I really like with thoughtful UX design and detailed data if I want it. I love the graphs and the happy little icons and being able to use the “feels like” temperature at a glance.
I signed up for the yearly subscription so I can see yesterday’s weather and it’s been really helpful when I’m getting dressed in the morning. I’ve also used the time machine feature while packing for the holidays since I couldn’t remember how cold it was last year. Great timing for this update!
Almost perfect, widget can be tweaked
I will start by saying that the app itself is beautiful and perfect 5/5. I have literally tried dozens of other weather apps and this one is by far the best. I love all the large in app icons for the weather and the hour by hour graph works very well. I also love how bold the icons look when you swipe up to wee the weekly forecast.
However, a bit of criticism, I don't think that the clean, bold and beautiful icons translate well into the widget. Here are a few suggestions I have.
1) While the hour by hour graph looks great in the app, on the widget it takes too much unnecessary room while the widget is expanded and leaves a lot unused wasted space. I feel like it could easily be condensed hight wise about 10-20%. This would allow for point 2.
2) The weekly forecast icons are so easily visible and large/bold in the app but on the widget they are squeezed in on the bottom very tightly and are so small that its hard to see them. I feel like if the hourly graph on top was condensed it would allow more room for the weekly forecast icons on the bottom. This way the widgets icons would be proportional to the in app icons and the whole widget would feel just a bit cleaner and in sync with the app.
But other than that I love the app, I just think the widget could be tweaked.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Joseph Hribar
- 59.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Joe Hribar
- In-App Purchases
- Partly Sunny Club: Yearly $3.99
- Partly Sunny Club: Monthly $0.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.