Partly Sunny shows your weather in quick glances and detailed looks.
Need to quickly see if it will rain at home or at work today? Or check the humidity or UV index over the next few hours? Or look at the hourly forecast this weekend? Partly Sunny has you covered.
Get an overview of what’s happening at your current location and your favorite locations.
Get more details about what’s happening throughout the hour, the day, and the week at your locations.
See how your selected conditions change over the next few days. Choose from temperature, precipitation, cloud cover, humidity, UV index, wind, and more. Tap the graph to change the plotted condition. Tap & hold the graph for a detailed look at each hour.
Get a quick glance at the week’s forecast. Tap any day for a detailed look at that day.
Ask Siri to check weather forecasts and current weather conditions (like precipitation, humidity, and UV index). (Requires iOS 12.)
See what’s happening currently and today at your selected location. Expand the widget to see what’s happening over the next few hours and days.
Toggle manually and with a handy gesture. Or toggle automatically based on screen brightness or sunrise & sunset times.
With a monthly or yearly subscription, join the Partly Sunny Club and unlock more:
Interactive Weather Map
Precipitation radar is available in the US, Canada, UK, Germany, Australia, and a few more regions in Europe. Severe weather warnings are available for the US. Advisories are available for the US and Canada. Cloud imagery is available worldwide.
Pull down in Today View to refresh the location’s forecast on demand.
Show yesterday’s weather in Week View for quick comparisons.
Check the weather for a specific day in the future (the usual weather) or the past (the actual weather).
Save five more locations in your locations list for a total of 15.
Custom App Icon & Theme
Customize the Partly Sunny icon on your home screen and the theme color in the app. (Requires iOS 10.3 or later.)
Whether or not you’re part of the Club, there’s still more:
• Forecasts powered by Dark Sky.
• Precipitation-intensity graph when it’s raining or snowing (US & UK locations).
• Choose to show actual or “feels like” temperatures throughout the app and quickly switch with a handy gesture.
• Customize the condition that displays with daily temperatures.
• Links to pollen forecasts and NOAA weather offices (US locations).
• Location renaming and fine-tuning.
• 3D Touch shortcuts.
• URL scheme: partlysunny://, partlysunny://currentlocation, and partlysunny://addlocation.
Partly Sunny has been featured in Apple’s “New Apps We Love”, MacStories, AppAdvice, and Lifehacker.
Partly Sunny “introduces a robust, beautiful new way to view weather information. […] What’s immediately striking about Partly Sunny’s design is that it feels designed to belong in iOS. It’s an app that feels built by Apple if the company decided to make a massive iterative change to its own stock Weather app.” – MacStories
“If you are looking for minimalism in your weather app, then Partly Sunny will satisfy your cravings. […] Partly Sunny offers the information you need in a concise and flexible way.” – AppAdvice
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the subscription period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings on the App Store after purchase.
Welcome to another new version of Partly Sunny! This update brings you several enhancements, tweaks, and fixes to help you get those quick glances and detailed looks at your weather.
Here’s a quick glance at what’s new:
• Show both the current actual and “feels like” temperatures in Locations View and the widget.
• More weather map options for Partly Sunny Club subscribers like severe weather warnings and radar opacity.
• Improved legibility in Locations View and the widget.
• Numerous VoiceOver improvements.
Here’s a detailed look at what’s new:
In Settings > Temperatures, there’s a new toggle to simultaneously show the current actual temperature and current “feels like” temperature in Locations View and the widget.
New Weather Map Settings View
For Partly Sunny Club subscribers, when tapping the layers button on the weather map view, there’s a new popup view to customize the weather layer and other map settings.
Severe Weather Warnings Map Layer
For locations in the US, there’s a new Radar & Warnings layer in Map Settings to show severe weather warnings (flood, storm, and tornado) on the map in addition to radar. When this layer is enabled, tap a warning shape on the map for more information about the warning. (Partly Sunny Club required.)
Advisories Map Layer
For locations in the US and Canada, there’s a new Advisories layer in Map Settings to show weather advisories on the map like “heat advisory”, “air quality alert”, and “wind chill advisory”. (Partly Sunny Club required.)
More Map Customization
In Map Settings, you can now customize the selected weather layer to be more or less transparent, the starting zoom level of the map to be a little more zoomed in or out, and the type of map (standard, satellite, or hybrid). (Partly Sunny Club required.)
Forecast summary text in Locations View and the widget is darker in light mode and lighter in dark mode to improve legibility.
Partly Sunny is immensely more usable now with VoiceOver allowing for better reading of weather forecasts & conditions and hourly graphs throughout the app and widget. I’m sure there is still room for improvement, so please let me know how I can further improve VoiceOver support.
Other Fixes and Improvements:
• Moonset times that occur on the following day no longer incorrectly say they occurred on the previous day.
• If you have an external keyboard attached to your device, you can dismiss popups that have a Done or Cancel button with the standard ESCAPE or COMMAND-PERIOD keyboard shortcut. (The old COMMAND-W keyboard shortcut will still work.)
• Settings > About view is updated to include an App Store link to Timery, my new iOS app that allows for easy time tracking with Toggl. You can learn more at timeryapp.com.
If you have a question or suggestion or run into an issue, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re enjoying Partly Sunny and have a moment, please leave a review or update/resubmit a previous review on the App Store. Your support is appreciated and helps the app get discovered!
And as always, thank you for using Partly Sunny. Even when the weather isn’t enjoyable, I hope you enjoy checking the weather with Partly Sunny!
Ratings and Reviews
New Favorite Weather App!
Partly Sunny is now my favorite weather app! The app design is sleek, easy to use and super intuitive. It features loads of customizable options that I can use depending on what my current needs are. Prior to this I was using another weather app almost exclusively, but after stumbling across Partly Sunny, I have changed my mind! One weekend while my family was visiting, we were supposed to do some outdoor sight seeing. The forecast on my previous weather app called for gloom and rain all weekend. Partly Sunny, however, gave a much more optimistic outlook. So we decided to take our chances and go with what PS forecasted. I’m very grateful we did because what PS predicted was far more accurate and we ended up being able to do everything outside that we wanted to do. Since then, I’ve never gone back to the old app. It seems that other apps show a more generalized “safe” prediction while PS isn’t afraid to report a more detailed and precise forecasts. Well worth the switch!
My favorite weather app
I’ve been using Partly Sunny since the beginning and it’s the first weather app that has combined a design I really like with thoughtful UX design and detailed data if I want it. I love the graphs and the happy little icons and being able to use the “feels like” temperature at a glance.
I signed up for the yearly subscription so I can see yesterday’s weather and it’s been really helpful when I’m getting dressed in the morning. I’ve also used the time machine feature while packing for the holidays since I couldn’t remember how cold it was last year. Great timing for this update!
Almost perfect, widget can be tweaked
I will start by saying that the app itself is beautiful and perfect 5/5. I have literally tried dozens of other weather apps and this one is by far the best. I love all the large in app icons for the weather and the hour by hour graph works very well. I also love how bold the icons look when you swipe up to wee the weekly forecast.
However, a bit of criticism, I don't think that the clean, bold and beautiful icons translate well into the widget. Here are a few suggestions I have.
1) While the hour by hour graph looks great in the app, on the widget it takes too much unnecessary room while the widget is expanded and leaves a lot unused wasted space. I feel like it could easily be condensed hight wise about 10-20%. This would allow for point 2.
2) The weekly forecast icons are so easily visible and large/bold in the app but on the widget they are squeezed in on the bottom very tightly and are so small that its hard to see them. I feel like if the hourly graph on top was condensed it would allow more room for the weekly forecast icons on the bottom. This way the widgets icons would be proportional to the in app icons and the whole widget would feel just a bit cleaner and in sync with the app.
But other than that I love the app, I just think the widget could be tweaked.
- Joseph Hribar
- 51.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Joe Hribar
- In-App Purchases
- Partly Sunny Club: Yearly $3.99
- Partly Sunny Club: Monthly $0.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.